How many points to stay up?

Er, I think predictions regarding forthcoming results and points totals required to stay up go a bit out of the window now. 

5 games to go and we are talking about a relegation scrap. 

• Like 1

I think 7 points from last 5 games will be enough.
If we get 9 points and still goo down we can count ourselves a little unlucky.

Funny how one win can change the mood.
Now we have 2 homes games and you think 4 points from them will put us touching distance from staying up.

Edited by matthefish2002

Think we have to be getting at least a point tomorrow.

Im hoping for a QPR win at Plymouth. Can see Hudders getting at least a point against PNE. Millwall to huff and puff and lose to Leicester.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Just like last season - points don't matter, positions do.

Yeah with respect to others, i don't think looking at previous season's point tallies is relevant now.   

Personally i think that 3 wins and 1 draw will be needed to stay up.   

Because of that, i really hope we don't lose tomorrow as it leaves us with very little room for error if we do.  

51 points might just do it, but our goal difference may come into play then. 

I think it’s a very tough ask.  At a glance, it seems like all the teams around us are picking up the odd result, but with so few games left we’ll have to do something special to leapfrog them.  

If it was all equal I think we’d be in with a great chance, but the fact that we’re still behind plus the poor goal difference makes me feel like we might just come up short.  Having said that, like Peterborough, it’s still possible - we could beat Norwich unexpectedly.  Hope so. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparkwell76 said:

I think it’s a very tough ask.  At a glance, it seems like all the teams around us are picking up the odd result, but with so few games left we’ll have to do something special to leapfrog them.  

If it was all equal I think we’d be in with a great chance, but the fact that we’re still behind plus the poor goal difference makes me feel like we might just come up short.  Having said that, like Peterborough, it’s still possible - we could beat Norwich unexpectedly.  Hope so. 

I agree, it will be very unlikely that we escape. Football is a funny game though, you never know.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

I agree, it will be very unlikely that we escape. Football is a funny game though, you never know.

You do realise that we're only 1 win away from overtaking 4 teams don't you ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Yeah i am usually as pessimistic as the next owls fan but with the way our rivals have tough looking fixtures too its not really done and dusted as some would believe.  

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

But we're still relying on those teams losing and us winning.

If those four teams win 2 out of their last 5, then we will have to win 3. 

I do think we're going to have to win 3 more games to have a chance.

2 wins this week in our home games would put us in a great position. Anything less than 3 points and it's going to be tough.