How many points to stay up?

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

That sonic boom I just heard was you launching another cliché missile from the heart of cliché city.

You need to turn down the sound on your hearing aid and/or get your health checked out as you hearing non-existent booms.

Also, if you just take one game at a time then you'll feel much better and be able to enjoy the excitement of our Röhl against relegation. Hope this helps.  

18 hours ago, Django said:

Norwich on Tuesday is our toughest looking game on paper, win that and we’re in with a great chance 

Stoke is very winnable 

Blackburn is a game very much like QPR today 

West Brom will likely have the top 6 sown up when we play them so again very winnable 

Sunderland have been stinking the championship out for months so if we need something on the last day you’d fancy us there 

In short, f*** knows 

It isn't. They're not great away from home. The Baggies are a tougher prospect, and I'm not sure they'll necessarily have 5th place sewn up, so might need the points if they'd rather play Southampton over two legs rather than Leicester/Ipswich/Leeds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think now it's 2 from Birmingham, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Millwall and us.  Unless Stoke , Blackburn or QPR have a nightmare run in.

Stoke will probably be fine.

But if we beat Blackburn, they'll need to keep riding their luck against higher placed oppositions to avoid being sucked in.

And, QPR only need to lose against Plymouth and they're potentially in trouble too. 

49 gives us every chance of staying up

IMHO. Need to beat Stoke, plus one other.

Our record against the top teams is pretty abysmal this season and I’m not expecting us to beat either Norwich or WBA.Win at Blackburn maybe, or Sunderland last game of the season.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Surely even the likes of Swansea are looking over their shoulders and need 2 or 3 positive results from the final 5 games, to know they are truly safe?

Screenshot_20240407_125925_Scores.jpg

If Swansea lose all their remaining fixtures, they might have an issue. But a single point from 5 games will probably be enough for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Stoke will probably be fine.

But if we beat Blackburn, they'll need to keep riding their luck against higher placed oppositions to avoid being sucked in.

And, QPR only need to lose against Plymouth and they're potentially in trouble too. 

I honestly think Plymouth could well be in the brown stuff. There form has been horrendous for the last 2 months. I know they beat the mini pigs but other than that awful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I honestly think Plymouth could well be in the brown stuff. There form has been horrendous for the last 2 months. I know they beat the mini pigs but other than that awful.

Yes. Let's hope that continues for the next 5 games. 

Then it's just a case of whether Huddersfield, Birmingham, Millwall or Blackburn are going to join them. 😬

(I leave QPR out of that because I think they'll be fine if they beat Plymouth)

• Like 1

How many points we can muster is only half the story though. A lot also depends on how many the others sides in the mix manage to rack up in the remaining games. And our poo GD is effectively a one point deduction.

We can still do it, but it isn't entirely in our own hands.

23 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Some tough fixtures here.

What worries me is the teams just above us and if they are playing each other, where sides like Uddersfield did what they did today in the 94th minute.

Screenshot_20240406_212312_Chrome Beta.jpg

Ironically it’s the two away games that I think are the most winnable.

Norwich and WBA will be very tough, Stoke we should get something but they have improved a bit of late.

It’s pretty much impossible to predict, especially when our form the last 6 games has been so inconsistent.  

Will it be the Boro outfit that turns up or the QPR version ..who knows? 

• Like 2