WINDASS AGAIN

Guest Monkowl

Serious question here. Does anybody know of 1 club in entire football league or premiership what gets injuries like SWFC get injuries and long term injuries at that. And it’s been happening 10/15 years constantly yet nobody ever seems to raise this at any serious level ? It surely can’t be bad luck 

8 hours ago, Miffed said:

Thats an interesting point.

Just checked on Wikipedia

2019–2022 Sheffield Wednesday - appearances -  64(4)

2023–Ipswich Town - appearances -  49 (4)

Hes only made 16 appearances less for Ipswich already, and hes only been there just over a year.

Do you reckon its got anything to do with our outdated training pitches and our tatty pitch ?

• Like 1

I suspect this is more of a Wednesday issue that these players. Luongo plays for Ipswich every week. We spent what money we should have in facilities, training, and physical therapy on Jordan bloody Rhodes

8 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Forgot all about him genuinely. 
It’s weird really because we all know just like Luongo he will clear off and become the player we all know he could be. 
Cursed. 

Don’t see that as a big risk personally, Luongo is a better player by some distance.

31 minutes ago, BOOFABI said:

I suspect this is more of a Wednesday issue that these players. Luongo plays for Ipswich every week. We spent what money we should have in facilities, training, and physical therapy on Jordan bloody Rhodes

Luongo's move to Boro didn't work out though.

It's swings and roundabouts. Marvin Johnson wasn't popular across the city, but has had a half decent career with us.

Kids obviously talented, and when fit there is a clear argument to say he makes the team better, but he's a luxury the club simply can't afford. 

I would be saying thanks but no thanks at the end of the season, no matter what league we're in.

19 minutes ago, WimJunk said:

Luongo's move to Boro didn't work out though.

It's swings and roundabouts. Marvin Johnson wasn't popular across the city, but has had a half decent career with us.

Half decent career with us, in league 1 and 23rd in the championship.  I believe the season he was on loan at the pigs was when they finished 2nd in the championship.  Not surprising he wasn’t a regular starter at that level.   
I think Boro will regret not taking the punt on keeping Luongo that Ipswich did.  We certainly regret not keeping him.  But as others have said I don’t think we look after players very well considering they get less injuries elsewhere 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Monkowl said:

Serious question here. Does anybody know of 1 club in entire football league or premiership what gets injuries like SWFC get injuries and long term injuries at that. And it’s been happening 10/15 years constantly yet nobody ever seems to raise this at any serious level ? It surely can’t be bad luck 

It's the Phil Scott curse.

Another player that fans were outraged at the idea of selling that’s contributed very little this year. Even when he’s fit I don’t know where he fits into this system. Would I play him instead of the three wide players we have, no. Would I play him upfront, no. Is he a midfielder, no. Big wages, big reputation, hopefully he’s gone at end of year and another that we’ve turned down money to watch walk away for free. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Another player that fans were outraged at the idea of selling that’s contributed very little this year. Even when he’s fit I don’t know where he fits into this system. Would I play him instead of the three wide players we have, no. Would I play him upfront, no. Is he a midfielder, no. Big wages, big reputation, hopefully he’s gone at end of year and another that we’ve turned down money to watch walk away for free. 

I think you could call him a "deep lying striker" if you want a pigeon hole for him.

10 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In a 4-2-3-1, he'd be a 10, playing just off Ugbo, with one of Musaba/Gassama being sacrificed. In a 3-4-3, he might be the other wide option besides Poveda sometimes, or coming on for a Gassama/Musaba type at others.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, milanowl said:

In a 4-2-3-1, he'd be a 10, playing just off Ugbo, with one of Musaba/Gassama being sacrificed. In a 3-4-3, he might be the other wide option besides Poveda sometimes, or coming on for a Gassama/Musaba type at others.

Might play or replacing as a sub shouldn’t be how one of the top earners is referred to. His cost to club should make him head and shoulders above others where as and maybe it’s due to injuries he’s more of he may play or he’s a good replacement. 

15 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I think you could call him a "deep lying striker" if you want a pigeon hole for him.

I suppose you could. Do we play with one of those?