It's Happening Isn't It?

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Agreed, but there have been those who've said he's 'not the right person', 'no better than Xisco' etc...

Yeah and anyone with eyes and a brain know that it's just balls

I can't remember a team that attacks and entertains like we do now, I'd be going back many many years

We will lose some, I think it's the fact that it's getting close to the end people's emotions are all over the place, I took the result bad yesterday, and I don't want to go down and then everything that wouldn't have been magnified in January, now seems life and death this season

I wasn't a Moore fan, yes we got results and that. It's complete light and day watching the teams from this to last season's team in how they play. I can't ever see it being as much toxic with how fans were at each others throats regarding Moores management. There will always be someone who disagrees with the masses and that and voices their opinion. It won't ever be stopped thanks to the internet but I can't ever see it picking any momentum 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Criticism of team selection or formation isn’t turning against him, it’s valid, we’re football fans and have our views. The result makes it fair.

It seems some people these days won’t take anybody disagreeing with their point of view, it seems to have been lost somewhere along the way. 
Can’t criticise Röhl, can’t criticise Chansiri.

People can become very zealous these days.

Yeah, you can criticise them, why would you say can't?  This site is full of criticism of DC some of it valid and some not.  Fill ya boots.

54 minutes ago, markowl said:

The first signs of some people turning against Danny.

It won't belong until someone calls him a clown or clueless I'm afraid, yet the buffoon of a Chairman gets such an easy ride from some on here.

Let's take a step back, consider how far we've come over the last few months and get behind the players and manager until the end of the season.

It'll be "Bogroll"

lol

56 minutes ago, markowl said:

It won't belong until someone calls him a clown or clueless I'm afraid, yet the buffoon of a Chairman gets such an easy ride from some on here.

Let's take a step back, consider how far we've come over the last few months and get behind the players and manager until the end of the season.

You can say he made a mistake yesterday without turning on the guy.

I think he made a mistake but I still love the guy.

He'll learn from it and improve further.

• Thanks 1

It's fair to say that a more defensive approach was more successful earlier in the season against Southampton, Leeds and Ipswich. 

That is a statement of fact and takes nothing away from the fact that the more attacking approach that Danny has brought in has paid dividends. 

Acknowledging both of those facts doesn't make someone a wrong un. 

Roehl got it wrong yesterday, but he's still got plenty of credit in the bank as far as I'm concernned.

If he hadn't done so well, what happened yesterday wouldn't have mattered anyway, as we'd already have been down.

For what it's worth, I still think we'd have lost with a more defensive approach, but from a morale point of view it wouldn't have been so damaging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Our goal difference is  so bad that getting battered yesterday doesn't really make anymore difference from only getting beat 1-0. 

Exactly and some still don't get it. I love the fact that DR goes for it every game. He's clearly looked at the GD and realised there's no point in being negative in any game, we go for the win.

Yesterday we could have parked the bus and still lost maybe 2 or 3 nil. Makes no difference whether it's 3 or 6 nil at this stage of the season given our already rubbish GD. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

Exactly and some still don't get it. I love the fact that DR goes for it every game. He's clearly looked at the GD and realised there's no point in being negative in any game, we go for the win.

Yesterday we could have parked the bus and still lost maybe 2 or 3 nil. Makes no difference whether it's 3 or 6 nil at this stage of the season given our already rubbish GD. 

It makes a difference from a morale point of view, I'd argue.

But getting a positive result from Epswech isn't just about being more defensive, it's also about sh*thousery, which Roehl doesn't do.

You need a British dinosaur for that.

Colin.png.7b6d4e4b71a965e710d380df7e9ee046.png

skysports-mick-mccarthy-ipswich_4234504.png.0b7bd679b578f47259e338cfab50297c.png

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Röhl is our Kevin Keegan 

All out attack and we either win or we get hammered 

It’s the best kind of manager to have 

Sod all those loonies calling for a defence minded approach 

💯 this, for me. 

I don't mind the odd hammering if we win more often than we otherwise would. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markowl said:

You're making a mountain out of a molehill 

He will on occasion get the game plan wrong. When it's clear he did. There's nowt wrong with saying so. 

• Like 2

Does it even matter? Röhl isn't likely to be here long term anyway

If Röhl does well, he'll be off to bigger & better things

And the length of DRs contract here, suggests Chanser is short sighted enough, to sack him if / when we go down 

• Like 1

Remember when fans turned on Carlos, and then he said you’ll all find out what’s happening.

He was being undermined by the way the club was run. Open your eyes.

Here we are again. Are we going to hound another manager out? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Remember when fans turned on Carlos, and then he said you’ll all find out what’s happening.

He was being undermined by the way the club was run. Open your eyes.

Here we are again. Are we going to hound another manager out? 

No

Nobody is wanting that 

This whole thread is a red herring fantasy 

Owlstalk Shop

I mean, it's inevitable isn't it? We just lost 6-0 to a team in the same league, so there's going to be frustrations. 

I think the vast majority of fans (myself included) will likely have a moan about the result, give it a day or two, then put it behind us in the knowledge that Röhls a bloody good manager who will see us right in the end. 

Edited by Fablon Dunlop