Munoz did better than Röhl...

20 hours ago, Woodyowl450 said:

Yeah well with that clown in charge we would have had less point then Rotherham. Absolutely Pointless post. 

Completely missed my point.

I'm fully aware Röhl would take more points against most sides. I'm suggesting he needs a more defensive approach (more Munoz like) against the top sides.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mark77 said:

I'm suggesting he needs a more defensive approach (more Munoz like) against the top sides.

Im suggesting any fans who suggest a defensive minded approach in a relegation battle should be forced to watch Jos Luhukay matches over and over and over again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 16/03/2024 at 20:35, @owlstalk said:

Every manager we have had in our recent history has come in, played exciting attacking football but then stopped that and instead defensive to try and suit playing against the 'better' sides.

I call it the manager catching 'wednesdayitis' 

Are we REALLY going to do that again with Röhl and start demanding he stops his attacking approach that is on it's way to doing the impossible and keeping us up to instead revert to dull, defensive football where we play not to lose?

Have we learnt NOTHING as fans?

You want Röhl to just be like all the others before him?

When we know what the outcome of that is? (fans on players back, loss of confidence, losing dull games 1-0 after playing negative defensive football)

Are we really going to do this?

Call for defensive football from the most exciting attacking manager we've had in years and years and years?

REALLY?

It would lead to inevitable relegation - ESPECIALLY with our squad, facilities, training ground

It would also lead to fans kicking off when we don't go for the win or go forward with the ball

Sometimes our fans really do deserve everything they get

If there's a tired phrase on here, it's lamenting that a manager is setting us up worrying about the opposition. Finally, someone comes in and tries to attack and it hasn't gone well this weekend. I wonder if the same people saying this are now complaining that we didn't worry and set up defensively. I've chalked this one off as a bad day but still belive Danny will keep us up. 

• Love 1

Jos did better at United than Carlos did, I know who I'd rather have managing my team.

We can all play that game. I can't think of any attribute Xisco is better than Danny in.

Yeah, Danny will make mistakes, he's literally months into his managerial career. We have to accept that as a fanbase. His biggest mistakes will come with us.

He's got a hell of a lot more right than he has wrong, though.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2024 at 19:10, mark77 said:

Against Leeds and Ipswich.

Pts 1, GD -1

My point being his overall approach was more defensive and more suited against the 'better' sides.

Röhl is clearly the best manager we've had for a very long time and I hope he stays and builds something BUT he must think about his approach in certain games.

image.gif.42d8f232b9f841dd9f4debb8ac5a543d.gif

On 16/03/2024 at 19:10, mark77 said:

Against Leeds and Ipswich.

Pts 1, GD -1

My point being his overall approach was more defensive and more suited against the 'better' sides.

Röhl is clearly the best manager we've had for a very long time and I hope he stays and builds something BUT he must think about his approach in certain games.

Arse

Every manager we have had in our recent history has come in, played exciting attacking football but then stopped that and instead defensive to try and suit playing against the 'better' sides.

Are we REALLY going to do that again with Röhl and start demanding he stops his attacking approach that is on it's way to doing the impossible and keeping us up to instead revert to dull, defensive football where we play not to lose?

When we know what the outcome of that is? (fans on players back, loss of confidence, losing dull games 1-0 after playing negative defensive football)

Call for defensive football from the most exciting attacking manager we've had in years and years and years?

REALLY?

It would lead to inevitable relegation - ESPECIALLY with our squad, facilities, training ground

It would also lead to fans kicking off when we don't go for the win or go forward with the ball

Tbf to the poster, it's not a bad observation. Going what is essentially 4-2-4 against quality outfits isn't going to end well with our current squad. 

He's young, I hope he's learnt now third time lucky it doesn't work. 

I'm enjoying Röhl being more pragmatic in games, I also enjoy when we attack. 

We did just get spanked 0-6, it's an embarrassing scoreline so some criticism is fair.

"When we know what the outcome of that is? (fans on players back, loss of confidence" that's not a reflection of play style, that's the result of a fan base that loves to moan regardless.

Quite funny seeing the same posters questioning Danny and the improvements in such a short time,

Hands tied, hardly any backing but still people like to target a manager that has improved our style of play ten fold.

I thought we were were all WAW but some just like to moan. 
Sit back, chill and enjoy the attacking football FFS 

Edited by OwlerIT2

1 minute ago, SHUowl said:

Tricky to do 0-6 down though isn't it.

It happens - take a chill pill and keep your moaning negative crap until the end of the season. 
WAWAW - onwards and upwards we can survive 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, SHUowl said:

"When we know what the outcome of that is? (fans on players back, loss of confidence" that's not a reflection of play style, that's the result of a fan base that loves to moan regardless.

That’s one of the main contributing factors for me not to want any manager of ours play defensive football

it never ever works at SWFC  

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, OwlerIT2 said:

It happens - take a chill pill and keep your moaning negative crap until the end of the season. 
WAWAW - onwards and upwards we can survive 

I mean, I haven't moaned. Just seems odd that you're only allowed to be displeased at the end of the season.

Especially facing relegation and being pummeled 0-6. I'd think if there ever was a time, people should be allowed at the moment.

Rather on here than booing in the stands.

• Like 1

REALLY?

Gray seemed to have cracked it with the pragmatic approach, indeed our away results were better than our home record under him if I remember correctly.

The criticism was we weren't nearly attacking enough at home. Yet then that team was assembled for buttons, many of which we never really replaced. That's the problem Rhol has but the other way round. We simply don't have enough solid DMs.

No one wants Röhl to change his philosophy and attacking mentality, but Saturday was suicide.

There had been plenty of tactical analysis online in the lead up to the game suggesting a mid-block and look to counter behind their full backs (particulary Davis' side) was the best approach.  Instead we with go 4-2-4 high press and get picked apart from the off.  

Same as Southampton, same as Huddersfield.  We aren't good enough to think we can just impose our way of playing away from home against top 6 sides.  Tweaking our tactics to best counter the opposition isn't going defensive, it's putting us in the best position to try and get a positive result.

Hoping the hammering doesn't affect the player's confidence too badly, we need to respond in a similar way like we did to the Huddersfield result.

Thankfully we don't have to play any of the top sides away from home now.

Edited by DesWalker