Please recall Dawson....

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The Dawson hate reached such a point that he was literally criticised for every single goal we conceded.

We had people drawing lines on still images to show where they thought he should have stood. 

It would be quite funny if it wasn't so mental.

It was mental, and when I made the (quite reasonable IMO) point that maybe, as a professional who has been doing this day in, day out for the last 10 odd years, he knows a bit more about how to perform one of the most fundamental principles of his job, it just got laughed off.

The criticism which Dawson received was as ridiculous as it was unfair

Pages of freeze frames trying to show how he was at fault for just about every goal

There was no reasoning with some of them no matter how absurd they were being

Comparatively there is an almost total absence of scrutiny of the goals Beadle concedes

I said then that if Dawson was half as bad at the technicalities of goalkeeping then he'd never have made it to pro level 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, scram said:

Pages of freeze frames trying to show how he was at fault for just about every goal

Comparatively there is an almost total absence of scrutiny of the goals Beadle concedes

I said then that if Dawson was half as bad at the technicalities of goalkeeping then he'd never have made it to pro level 

I think some fans (quite a few) either just make their minds up on a player, or just read/listen to other fans criticism of a player and that's that - after that point their mind is made up and they won't budge from it no matter what.

It's really sad

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, scram said:

It's been one of the weirdest Owlstalk subplots of this season.

The threads of freezeframes pointing out where Dawson should have stood at each millisecond of the buildup to a goal were my favourites.

Absolutely barking.

And as you say, now that Beadle is conceding similar goals...

Tumbleweed.gif.2b9267b134bb0d2cd8253ea92c159681.gif

:duntmatter:

2 hours ago, scram said:

It was the whole Darren Moore thing all over again, only the target was different. Some people had their minds made up about him, and that was that. It only remained to look at every goal we conceded and then work backwards to find a way of pinning the blame on Dawson. The lengths to which people went in order to do so were gobsmacking. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's been one of the weirdest Owlstalk subplots of this season.

The threads of freezeframes pointing out where Dawson should have stood at each millisecond of the buildup to a goal were my favourites.

Absolutely barking.

And as you say, now that Beadle is conceding similar goals...

Tumbleweed.gif.2b9267b134bb0d2cd8253ea92c159681.gif

:duntmatter:

One of my favourite was when he was blamed for being poorly positioned when he took a sideways step because he had become unsighted 🤣

First rule of goalkeeping; Make sure you can't see the ball...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dawson is no better than Beadle. 

I think there quite similar hence why I'd stick with Beadle now and get new in summer buy Beadle hasn't been any improvement on Dawson that much is for sure.

I don't think swapping keepers is right with a few games to go, but obviously everyone has an opinion.

I don't think Beadle has let in any howlers as such, there's a few he should have gone better on.

I am not a fan of Dawson, for no other reason that he has let us down many times before, and doesn't seem to have dramatically reduced his clangers in that period.

As for Beadle, I didn't see the fifth as I'd had enough yesterday, but it sounds like a weak wristed parry, and not good keeping.

The issue I see is that if Dawson comes in and has a few howlers, then he'd get the blame for us going down rather than the real reasons

I do think some of the stick he got was a bit harsh and I did say that at the time, but equally we have fans who have sat and waited for Beadle to have a bad game to pile on as it shows in this thread. Since Huddersfield upto yesterday Beadle has been one of the best performers especially at poo stopping. People go on about his kicking, but when we have midfielders and defenders that can't pass the ball five yards correctly,then why do we expect either of them to ping it 60 yards perfectly and complain when it goes out of play

I've tried to think about it all, and despite my moody outburst last night, I wanted to comment on this after a bit of reflection 

12 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Statistics even tell you that Beadle stops a higher percentage of shots than Dawson.

but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of the bedwetters.

Lies

Damn lies 

Statistics

22 hours ago, WimJunk said:

I don't wish Beadle any ill will, but it's the only chance we have...

This is a bit like saying we should start fletcher over Ugbo

I'm not sure of beadles save to shot ratio since joining us, and I can't seem to find dawsons, but I'm pretty sure he was the worst in the championship this season? He let in more goals than he should have. Added to that, I also think that beadle plays the short passing game better than dawson, which is clearly what were trying to do to beat the press. Beadle needs to work on his long ball, but that's not the aim of our play. 

Dawson needs to leave at the end of the season because you'll never get the whole fan base for or against him. Some defend him stoutly for being one of our own, and some criticise every thing he does because of it. Like wildsmith, he needs to move on. Personally, like wildsmith, I don't think he gets a move 'up' from wednesday. 

• Like 1