Please recall Dawson....

5 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

I'd probably leave Beadle there for continuity but 100% he's no better than Dawson not sure what anybody has seen to think he is?

Beadle has had made one or two errors, granted…. but Dawson has made an entire career out of it. If he wasn’t ’one of our own’ there wouldn’t be as much clamour and the longer he is out the closer he becomes the next Buffon. 

I trust Röhl 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Beadle has had made one or two errors, granted…. but Dawson has made an entire career out of it. If he wasn’t ’one of our own’ there wouldn’t be as much clamour and the longer he is out the closer he becomes the next Buffon. 

I trust Röhl 

Where has he improved on Dawson as I'm struggling to think of anything.

3 hours ago, London_Owl said:

Beadle was at fault for 0 of the 6 goals today. 

So not the first that he dived for but couldn’t reach despite the shot being so tame that he could have taken a step to his left before diving?

and not the 5th that seemed to go straight through him

Or the 6th that he parried straight in to the path of the forward who was stood near the penalty spot.

Dawson would have been crucified for all 3

Edited by Ian
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I’d go for Dawson as the more experienced keeper for the final eight games. Beadle will be a top keeper one day, but Dawson is better in most aspects of goalkeeping currently.

For next season, regardless of division, we need to find a nugget like Stuart Gray did when he brought in Westwood.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Personally I’d go for Dawson as the more experienced keeper for the final eight games. Beadle will be a top keeper one day, but Dawson is better in most aspects of goalkeeping currently.

For next season, regardless of division, we need to find a nugget like Stuart Gray did when he brought in Westwood.

I’m sure Danny and team will be trying to sauce better in the summer. There’s a young guy at Dortmund,a real nugget,rated as mustard.

He played recently for Germanys U18’s. They have a reviewer on YouTube very good,Kind of reminds me of Simon Mayo.

Compilation is under Sweet Chilli saves on YT. 

IMG_0244.png

Just now, The flying pig said:

I’m sure Danny and team will be trying to sauce better in the summer. There’s a young guy at Dortmund,a real nugget,rated as mustard.

He played recently for Germanys U18’s. They have a reviewer on YouTube very good,Kind of reminds me of Simon Mayo.

Compilation is under Sweet Chilli saves on YT. 

IMG_0244.png

Hans Klumpen is Golden

I wouldn't recall Dawson because I think his time is done here. A combination of some poor mistakes and getting treated like crap by a vocal section of our fanbase for several years now.

Is Beadle a huge upgrade? I'm not sure tbh, but then you remember how young he is.

The keeping situation is a mess anyway. It used to be the one position where we were nearly always secure. Hasn't been like that now for several years since Westwood went off the boil. 

The Dawson hate reached such a point that he was literally criticised for every single goal we conceded.

We had people drawing lines on still images to show where they thought he should have stood. 

It would be quite funny if it wasn't so mental.

• Like 2

I don't mind Dawson but I can't wait for him to leave this summer just so I don't have to read the stupid threads about him after every game he played.

If people would just cut him an iota of slack he'd have been sound for us.

Think he'll end up at a bottom to mid table championship club next season and be solid without all the idiots behind him.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The Dawson hate reached such a point that he was literally criticised for every single goal we conceded.

We had people drawing lines on still images to show where they thought he should have stood. 

It would be quite funny if it wasn't so mental.

Ive never known a single Wednesday player analysed as much as Dawson by some on here. It wasn’t even funny it was pathetic. I think we need a new keeper, but Dawson is nowhere as bad as some make out.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 2

Personally I don't see a difference in standard between Beadle and Dawson, but moving fwd, we have 8 games to save our championship status. Sometimes experience counts, Dawson has played in big pressure games. My main concern with Beadle, is how his confidence may be knocked after conceding 6 goals yesterday, but I do trust DR to make the right call after seeing them both in training.