Here's how the Championship League Table looks after Birmingham got beat

Beginning to think now that Hudds will be joining Rotherham in 23rd. They have only won 8 games all season and can't see them winning a lot more. Millwall and above will be safe. 

The battle for 21st is between the other five sides and us. 

The statistic that’s bothering me right now is….Ipswich Town goals for 74…Sheffield Wednesday goals for 30.

The positive thing is that Ipswich concede for fun. But, can we take advantage?

One thing is for certain though, we HAVE to win our remaining home games, regardless of other teams results. Points from the away games would be an added bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Beginning to think now that Hudds will be joining Rotherham in 23rd. They have only won 8 games all season and can't see them winning a lot more. Millwall and above will be safe. 

The battle for 21st is between the other five sides and us. 

Every team below Cardiff are liable to get into the ‘drop zone’. Some tough games for all of them, especially when they play the teams that are around them. Lots of twist and turns to come. No ‘free hits’ for anyone, apart from Rotherham!

I'm convinced we'll catch Blackburn given their awful form since December and the nightmare run-in that they have. And we also play them at Ewood in case we need to make sure.

As for the rest? Get 12+ points and there's an excellent chance someone will do worse than that.

Birmingham's current form is less than impressive, 1 point from 5 games, compared to our 12 points, it's little wonder we've almost caught them.

Worth noting that Blackburn have 4 draws and a defeat in the last 5, 4 points, proving that too many draws will kill you eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Birmingham's current form is less than impressive, 1 point from 5 games, compared to our 12 points, it's little wonder we've almost caught them.

Worth noting that Blackburn have 4 draws and a defeat in the last 5, 4 points, proving that too many draws will kill you eventually.

Yes, Brum's massive dip in form has directly coincided with Mowbay's enforced health related sabbatical. 

Edited by Almat

I just hope and pray that whatever the outcome is, its sorted by the time we play last game....  i can't cope with another last game shoot out...  Derby away the other year was hellish...

That said, i do think we'll survive the drop.

Edited by HopefulOwl

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

It proves nothing of the kind. There is absolutely no correlation between the number of draws and league position. Even the most cursory glance at league tables EVERY single season at EVERY single level makes this abundantly clear. Just for one example, the teams in the Championship with the fewest draws are currently 1st, 9th, 11th, 12th and 23rd. Those with the most are 8th, 14th and 22nd. How more randomly scattered would you like it to be?

Should we draw all our remaining games, there's a moderate chance it could be enough to overtake a couple of our rivals, which is all we need. Obviously I'm not advocating that as a strategy of any kind and I am fully aware that it would be considerably better to alternate wins and defeats.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It proves nothing of the kind. There is absolutely no correlation between the number of draws and league position. Even the most cursory glance at league tables EVERY single season at EVERY single level makes this abundantly clear. Just for one example, the teams in the Championship with the fewest draws are currently 1st, 9th, 11th, 12th and 23rd. Those with the most are 8th, 14th and 22nd. How more randomly scattered would you like it to be?

Should we draw all our remaining games, there's a moderate chance it could be enough to overtake a couple of our rivals, which is all we need. Obviously I'm not advocating that as a strategy of any kind and I am fully aware that it would be considerably better to alternate wins and defeats.

Even better to go on a Röhl of successive wins !

4 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

The run of QPR (A), Stoke (H) & Blackburn (A) (with Norwich (H) mixed in) all within a fortnight is going to be crucial I think.

honestly think if we win all four of those, we stay up.

But football as we know is a bonkers game at the best of times.

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

honestly think if we win all four of those, we stay up.

But football as we know is a bonkers game at the best of times.

I sort of wish it was the other way around and Norwich was away as there is a higher likelihood of us losing that one anyway, and get QPR or Blackburn at home instead but oh well, I definitely think 9 points is doable out of them.

One game at a time. After the next game, we could be anywhere between 2pts outside the drop zone, or 4pts behind. Then we have a near two-week break to regroup, get some fitness levels back up, and get some of the injured lads back.

Hoping we can at least maintain the gap this weekend, get refreshed and then go into the Easter Weekend games looking to push on.