The Premier League versus free speech

Alarming, but define "Wrongthink" because if that's QANON, supporting populist tw@ts like Trump, Flat Earthers, Anti Vaxers etc. etc. I want them banned from mainstream activities. 😂 She needs a good human rights lawyer surely. 

Edited by Morepork

I've just watched the entire video, and wow, this is actually really ominous and scary stuff. They are literally spying on and compiling dossiers of information on everyday members of the public, right down to trying to determine where they live, for simply expressing opinions that don't fit their agenda.

This is a massive breach of privacy by a private company.

What is their ultimate goal with this, to ban everybody that doesn't agree with their narrative? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

This comes as no surprise to me. The Plod have been been trying to criminalise people for who post  social media comments that don't tow the line ,for a while now .You wouldn't believe the lengths the plod are prepared to go to  believe me , I know what they are prepared to do .

So I'm not shocked that the Premier league has adopted the exact same tactics ,from  spying on someones social media , to even watching them in real life.

You don't even have to be breaking the law - just having a view that dosnt fit with the narrative that is pushed by the powers that be makes you a target . And they WILL come after you , to try and silence your legally held  views , simply because they don't like your views . 

And , this Newcastle fan said nothing wrong, nothing all all.  Her only 'crime' is to hold views and opinions that don't tow the party line. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sykes said:

I've just watched the entire video, and wow, this is actually really ominous and scary stuff. They are literally spying on and compiling dossiers of information on everyday members of the public, right down to trying to determine where they live, for simply expressing opinions that don't fit their agenda.

This is a massive breach of privacy by a private company.

What is their ultimate goal with this, to ban everybody that doesn't agree with their narrative? 

Bang on mate , this is purely an attempt, through harassment to silence her . It's pathetic .

Shocking that someone was able to identify all the things about her that she had put in the public domain herself 

An example of digital footprint and how it can be used against you. All could have been solved by simply making ones account more private. 

24 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think the actions of the Premier League are going to be relevant to Wednesday for quite some time, I'm afraid...

Premier league today , EFL tomorrow . If its allowed to happen, then everyone who holds different views is a target . 

Personally,  I don't give a shiete if the powers that be don't like my views and opinions (and I know for a fact SYP don't like my views). This issue is we are now having people who don't share the official narrative, harassed, hounded and banned for holding views that are totally legal ,but don't tow the party line .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Premier league today , EFL tomorrow . If its allowed to happen, then everyone who holds different views is a target . 

Personally,  I don't give a shiete if the powers that be don't like my views and opinions (and I know for a fact SYP don't like my views). This issue is we are now having people who don't share the official narrative, harassed, hounded and banned for holding views that are totally legal ,but don't tow the party line .

Well, yeah.

I was just pointing out the irony of this being posted in the Sheffield Wednesday section of the forum.

The fact that Newcastle's money comes from Saudi Arabia, where the gender expression of trans people is criminalised, makes this story truly bizarre, too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn’t watch the video after seeing the term ‘non woke’ in the video description 

This thread is a perfect example of culture wars 

Same. That, combined with a couple of the thread replies. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn’t watch the video after seeing the term ‘non woke’ in the video description 

This thread is a perfect example of culture wars 

Have to agree with this.

However, I'll take time to watch the video at some point because there is an alarming erosion of civil liberties going on, but I want time to watch the whole thing and see if it's actually about that, or if it's just "I'm not allowed to be racist anymore".

Also, I did get a laugh from reading that apparently the UK police are part of the "woke agenda".

lol

While I’m not a fan of Young, it’s something everyone needs to watch. If what is being presented is true then that should be a concern for everyone. An incredible encroachment into civil liberty, particularly as the content she allegedly posted isn’t controversial. To caveat it obviously needs the other side of the story from the club/premier league, but concerning to me.

On 04/02/2024 at 09:35, boxing_day said:

particularly as the content she allegedly posted isn’t controversial.

lolwut?

It’s about one of the most controversial subjects around these days

Whether you agree with her or not, it’s just not true to claim that view isn’t controversial 

9 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

lolwut?

It’s about one of the most controversial subjects around these days

Whether you agree with her or not, it’s just not true to claim that view isn’t controversial 

It’s controversial in terms of culture wars pov but from a legal standpoint clear as mud. You can and are able to express gender critical povs. I’d refer you to the recent legal cases involving Maya Forstater. 

• Like 1