Relegation Run-In 2024

Bar a freak set of results, that should do it. Birmingham and Plymouth, despite being at home next week are both playing teams who still have something to play for to confirm a play off place. 

Irrespective, I'd back us for at least a draw at Sunderland.

• Like 1

Brum failing to beat Rotherham and Hudders has been fantastic.

But 6 goals in 2 games is what’s done it for us.

Not over yet, let’s not get complacent. 1 point needed for a party in Sunderland.

Edited by lukeyswfc

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Bar a freak set of results, that should do it. Birmingham and Plymouth, despite being at home next week are both playing teams who still have something to play for to confirm a play off place. 

Only if hull don't get win tonight 

14 minutes ago, striker said:

I may be wrong but if Hull lose today does that not mean the play offs are sorted so Birmingham and Plymouth play sides with nothing to play for? 

14 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Don't write off Huddersfield though, they could still win 13-0 at Ipswich 

The way the top teams have performed against our fellow strugglers this season I ain't ruling that out!

lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may be wrong but if Hull lose today does that not mean the play offs are sorted so Birmingham and Plymouth play sides with nothing to play for? 

Bit like us hull have big GD deficit Vs two teams they are chasing.  

If hull draw tonight they can still catch WBA but not really Norwich so Norwich effectively safe.

If hull lose WBA and Norwich safe and hull out of it

Hull win tonight Norwich need a win final day as do hull.  

Could argue Norwich need a win to avoid Leeds in semis but that's a stretch 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 hour ago, striker said:

Don't think that's necessarily true. If Ipswich beat Hull tonight abd then Coventry game in hand, Norwich and Ipswich are both guaranteed top 2 and play offs

10 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Don't think that's necessarily true. If Ipswich beat Hull tonight abd then Coventry game in hand, Norwich and Ipswich are both guaranteed top 2 and play offs

Ideal scenario is Hull win tonight and Dipswich beat Coventry. Then the Playoff places and last auto is still up for grabs going into next weeks matches

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Birmingham played a Rotherham side with nothing to play for and drew 0-0.

They played a Cov side with everything to play for and won 3-0.

Their draw today with our win and Plymouth losing should see us safe on 50.

Though I’d be upset if we didn’t go and get at least a point from a very poor looking Sunderland side.

Hull result tonight has massively helped us. Means Hull have chance for playoffs in final game and maybe smelling blood after our defeat of WBA. 

Huddersfield are down 🎉 fancy is to finish above Blackburn now. Who'd have thought 19th would be possible back in December 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2024 at 17:03, ashamanic said:

Leeds ought to be able to beat QPR, and Southampton beat Stoke. Huddersfield's goal difference is bad enough that if they both lose their final game as well, and all three end on 50, (would require huddersfield winning at Ipswich, really unlikely), Huddersfield would be behind them on goal difference, but if Birmingham get 4 points from their last two, they can go above both those teams.

I think they will stay up, but it's not out of the question that by the final whistle on Saturday, Huddersfield are down and there are 6 teams from 47-50 points, none of which are safe

Championship is so unpredictable!

That’s bye bye Huddersfield. Now it’s one from Birmingham, Plymouth, us and Blackburn!