European Super League is Lawful

doubleo

37 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I wonder if this could affect international football?

If England, Germany, Italy & Spain want to get their heads together to influence tournaments, qualification & location.

Not totally ruled by FIFA & it’s utterly corrupt board of members around the world. 🤞

One option may be that players who play in any new league are banned from playing in international tournaments like WC or Euros? Possibly difficult as sponsors would not be happy in elite players are not involved.

Don’t really care if they go , what does annoy me is that certain clubs mis- managed there finances . Arsenal , Man Utd ,AC , Juve to name a few and when they didn’t qualify for champions league they got face on instead of embracing the competition of up coming teams . UEFA bent over backwards by increasing the number of teams and still it wasn’t enough. Greed just pure greed . 

• Like 1

Just now, Harrysgame said:

One option may be that players who play in any new league are banned from playing in international tournaments like WC or Euros? Possibly difficult as sponsors would not be happy in elite players are not involved.

That will probably just lead to another court case of restriction of trade. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

What these big clubs must realise is with their domestic competitions they’re pretty much dominant in their respective leagues. If they leave and form a super league then someone still has to finish bottom of that league. A few years of being also-rans could be a sobering lesson for a team used to being at the top. Better to be a big fish in a small pond I reckon.

If you define success in sporting terms that may be so.

That might be how the nation state owners see it. But the Americans are in the majority and they see it differently. 

Good. Let them p1ss off to a tv game. Leave English football to fans who want to go and watch football. Give the armchair fans in china and the us what they want. Would be great to see villa Brighton or even Wednesday win the league while man city play juve in a pay to watch game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

And ineffective. 

Not so sure there’s already been one landmark case in football that was successful. I wish they could ban players. These clubs want the best of both worlds , massive super league loads of profit and domestic football which prob lead to a smaller premier league to fit it all in 

I wish they'd get on with it. I couldn't give a shiny sh*t about watching any of them in the EPL or European competitions anyway, so wouldn't bother me one bit. 

I accept there will be a period of financial rebalancing if the big brands are not involved in domestic competition, but long term I think it will be good to re-establish our game.

People will soon get bored of playing each other every other week.

I'm a firm believer that the strength of the English game is the football pyramid, that's what makes it a good product, not necessarily brand appeal, existing mostly on the other side of the world. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I can see the Saudis/PIF trying to set up a world super league.  Like they've done with LIV golf.

If they do any English clubs that might be tempted should be told, fine go if you want but don't expect to stay a member of the Premier League or play in UEFA competitions. 

This wouldn't surprise me, the court case was probably bankrolled by the Saudis, just look how much they have spent in golf

Suspect man city and the like would be able to have 2 squads good enough to compete in both competitions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Financially this is probably bad news for other Premier League sides.
If Man U, Liverpool etc breakaway will mean players at those other clubs will have to earn only £50k per week and not £150k per week.
Sure clubs 'left behind' like Everton, West Ham, Nottingham Forest will all still survive.

It will also push player transfer values up to a premium for those who enter the competition.

I also think it will lead to the number of teams in each of our leagues being reduced along with the formation of the Premier league 2.

I can also see Uefa and Fifa, that any income from the competition cannot count towards FFP.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Football at the ‘elite’ level has changed beyond recognition, and not for the better. The whole concept of a self selecting European Super League is a disgrace and so far removed from what football is supposed to be about. I think the massive fan backlash after last times shít show might put the clubs off for now but no doubt it will do the rounds again. 
Money has ruined the game far more than it has improved it IMO. 

Agreed, football has always been based on a Pyramid , with progression possible from the Sunday local leagues to the Premier League & Champions League.

Shame that greed will break off & isolate the top tier of the Pyramid.

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The Premier League introduced a new Owner's Charter last year that says:

"We will not engage in the creation of new competition formats outside of the Premier League’s Rules"

Will that be enough to stop them breaking away?

Not binding in law. Not worth the paper it’s written on.