Attending matches in Europe

Nut

17 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Ah, yes that’s the one I see.

Went to Fiorentina v Lazio in 2019 when Ribery pushed ref. If you get it right it’s great going to Italian football. Do you have a regular contact/ group you join?

I have mate yeah, made three or four mates for life over there. 

Was originally the Lombardia Laziale group i met up with away in Milan. 

10 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Brilliant. We have a link up with fiorentina. It’s an unbelievable weekend when we go. They take fan partnerships really seriously over there. 
⚽️  🇮🇹 

I've seen that actually. I've been in the away end over there and seen there was a big Wednesday flag with their ultras. 

Love the Italian football culture. Cant beat it 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Slightly unrelated but on the subject of anglo Italians I was in a bar in Catania when the 2018 world cup was on and England were playing. The whole bar, full of locals were all madly cheering for England and celebrating with us when we won the game. Spoke and drank with a lot of them who were ultras for Catania and some supported other teams like Roma. But the friendliness and banter and love for England and English football culture was great. As was ours for their culture!

• Like 1

Went to Feyenoord v Fortuna Sittard last Oct with a couple of Dutch friends - Rotterdam is good for a weekend and you can get to it on Eurostar too.De Kuip ground has a decent atmosphere,but you probably wont find any away fans for the big games there

like Ajax as due to violence they decided to to allocate them tickets anymore same for Feyenoord fans at Ajax.

A good magazine out each month which I've written articles for is called Football Weekends which gives plenty of ideas for trips to matches at home and abroad https://footballweekends.co.uk .They even do trips abroad if you fancy going with others - latest one is Krakow.

IMG_8096.jpeg

IMG_8093.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8104.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks for all the info fellas. Looks like we're going to Fankfurt. They've got a derby the weekend were going. If we can't get tickets, we're gonna try for Stuttgart and get a train there. Some great tips for future trips though, so thanks for all ypur advice.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nut said:

Thanks for all the info fellas. Looks like we're going to Fankfurt. They've got a derby the weekend were going. If we can't get tickets, we're gonna try for Stuttgart and get a train there. Some great tips for future trips though, so thanks for all ypur advice.

It's two hours on the train to the Cologne area as well

• Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 00:52, Eaton_Swfc said:

I've seen that actually. I've been in the away end over there and seen there was a big Wednesday flag with their ultras. 

Love the Italian football culture. Cant beat it 

Good to see a big Wednesday flag tonight S6 Owls at the Fiorentina v Milan match tonight 

• Like 3

On 10/02/2023 at 22:50, Nut said:

I'm looking to go abroad to watch a game in May with a few mates and wondered if anyone had a recommendation of where we should go? Obviously looking for decent beer/pubs/nightlife, friendly locals, and a good chance of getting a ticket. Germany is looking the favourite at the moment, but if not, Spain, Italy or France. If anyone's had a good experience, please let me know. Cheers.

We went to Cologne.  Brilliant place to go and went to a match.  Was a great but bizarre experience as they have a goat for the mascot and all sing to it.  Surreal!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mus said:

We went to Cologne.  Brilliant place to go and went to a match.  Was a great but bizarre experience as they have a goat for the mascot and all sing to it.  Surreal!

Cheers Mus. We've booked to go to Frankfurt on the 12th May. It's unlikely we'll get a ticket for their game, as it's their derby v Mainz, so might be going to Cologne on the train for their match. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I went to a Polish game. Legia v Kielce. I was impressed to be honest because the ultras continually make noise that isn't reactive to what is going on during the game. I was sat near ultras when I went to watch Rangers and had a similar experience 

I wasn't* impressed 

On 22/03/2023 at 20:57, Nut said:

Cheers Mus. We've booked to go to Frankfurt on the 12th May. It's unlikely we'll get a ticket for their game, as it's their derby v Mainz, so might be going to Cologne on the train for their match. 

Nice one.

Their trains are better than ours too, mind that's not hard.

Also if you have a ticket for the match, you get free tram travel that drops you right outside the ground.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mus said:

Nice one.

Their trains are better than ours too, mind that's not hard.

Also if you have a ticket for the match, you get free tram travel that drops you right outside the ground.

Enjoy.

Thanks mate. 

On 22/03/2023 at 20:57, Nut said:

I often use the trains in Germany. Far better than our carp railway system.

If possible book your tickets in advance on the Bahn website and you can get some really cheap 'Sparscheine' fares. Though they are for a specific train, like Advance fares here.  https://www.bahn.com/en

I've been to a Cologne game but it was about 20 years ago before the stadium was renovated.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2023 at 16:57, Mus said:
17 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I often use the trains in Germany. Far better than our carp railway system.

If possible book your tickets in advance on the Bahn website and you can get some really cheap 'Sparscheine' fares. Though they are for a specific train, like Advance fares here.  https://www.bahn.com/en

I've been to a Cologne game but it was about 20 years ago before the stadium was renovated.

Cheers TC. 

On 16/02/2023 at 13:50, jamsandwich said:

Germany is a good shout.

I've been to Dortmund (bought tickets on Viagogo), St Pauli (tickets outside the stadium) and Herta (never sell out)

Cheers mate. How did you find Viagogo? We've got tickets for Stuttgart on the Sunday, but really struggling for tickets for Frankfurt on the Saturday. I've seen tickets on Viagogo for £63 standing up. Happy to pay that amount, but a couple of the lads have had bad experiences with Viagogo.