Attending matches in Europe

Nut

11 hours ago, FarEastOwl said:

Hey gents, 

@flo @Germanowl,

are you based over here?

If so, give a shout!

Stuttgart-(no more Far East) based Owl

I was at the Stuttgart v Leverkusen game a couple of weeks ago, absolutely loved it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I used to be a regular at VfB Stuttgart when I lived over in Germany (and when they were still half decent). Bayern also worth a visit if you can get tickets, even though everyone in Germany hates them except their own fans 😅

Agree with the the poster above, European football definitely worth checking out, the vibe is different to here. Saw as us play in Kaiserslautern in 93. Theirs is probably the closest to an “English” type ground I went to over there.

13 hours ago, Nut said:

I was at the Stuttgart v Leverkusen game a couple of weeks ago, absolutely loved it. 

Good to hear you had a good time!
Give me a shout in case you're planning to make it over to Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt again, there'll always a cold beer or two for you. 

13 hours ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

Small world! I lived in Kreis Boeblingen (BB) for 23 years!

Indeed, small world, good ol' Böblingen!

We're on the verge of potentially becoming a yo-yo club. Let's hope we put in a shift and grind out the necessary result tomorrow vs Hoffenheim. 

Just like the Owls, we pride ourselves on the achievements off-the-pitch. Constantly loyal, strong support, no matter what division we play. Even when plying our trade in the Second Bundesliga, the VfB support never waned. The average support continued to be above the 50k mark in both season 16/17 as well as 19-20, despite playing the likes of Fürth, Heidenheim, Sandhausen & co. instead of Ba*ern, Dortmund, etc. 

Please have your fingers crossed that we can avoid going into an "time added on" winner tomorrow. Still trying to grow my fingernails back after last season's drama... 

On 09/09/2023 at 23:12, Señor Sam said:

Anyone been to the Bernabeu ?

Heading over in October and would like to take a game in.

Is there a "home" end ?

Where's the best viewing point ?

Any pre match recommendations ? (bars)

The area around is pretty much dedicated to the football so for "home" bars just hang around the area. When i went i think we literally just drank in the Pizza place "OVEN" opposite the entrance. 

There's usually only a small away section for visiting fans so everywhere else will be home fans. We sat in the main stand - gate 50+

• Thanks 1