Attending matches in Europe

Nut

I'm looking to go abroad to watch a game in May with a few mates and wondered if anyone had a recommendation of where we should go? Obviously looking for decent beer/pubs/nightlife, friendly locals, and a good chance of getting a ticket. Germany is looking the favourite at the moment, but if not, Spain, Italy or France. If anyone's had a good experience, please let me know. Cheers.

Cheers fellas. I looked at Hamburg as I'd read online that it was a decent place to go, but they're away the weekend we want to go. A lot of the leagues are still going at that time, presumably because of the World Cup.

The problem with the top league in Germany, is that most of the games are close to sell outs every week. Dortmund get around 80k most weeks. I bmnever realised they were so well supported. Will check the eredevise out though, cheers.

18 hours ago, Nut said:

I'm looking to go abroad to watch a game in May with a few mates and wondered if anyone had a recommendation of where we should go? Obviously looking for decent beer/pubs/nightlife, friendly locals, and a good chance of getting a ticket. Germany is looking the favourite at the moment, but if not, Spain, Italy or France. If anyone's had a good experience, please let me know. Cheers.

Wednesday v Derby mate

Thanks Birstall that's fantastic. Just what I was looking for. I got a bit giddy, but a quick google shows their attendances this season are 99.2% of capacity, so we'll probably struggle for tickets but I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Sporting? (🤮)

One good thing about Sporting is the ground tour , specifically the trophy room.

Because sporting is more than just a football club. The trophy room ,has several thousand trophies of all  sizes and descriptions.

Ground tours are a great alternative if you can't get to a game.

17 hours ago, Geedee said:

You will struggle to find a better city than Barcelona in May

Barcelona or an Espanyol game could suit.

Just looked. Espanyol are playing 

Edited by Nut
  • Like 1