7 minutes ago, markg said:

5 minutes ago, markg said:

One of our top goal scorers of recent times, helped us to a play-off final, helped keep us up in a higher league than this one. Fine not to agree, but it's not a laughable suggestion

All subjective and your opinions valid, i liked Nuhiu but he was frozen out for long periods by Carlos. 

FF great in his first season, but after that i was never that impressed, great skills but not convinced by playing down the middle in pair, my opinion others will disagree. 

Would replace Madine with Wickham in his first loan spell though. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Promotion was a team effort, had he not score them someone else would’ve.

He scored 2 more goals in that promotion season than Gregory did last season and Gregory had a lengthy injury lay off. Gregory also doesn’t come with all the off field baggage that comes with Gary Madine either.

Give me Lee Gregory over Gary Madine every day of the week.

Madine had a long injury lay off too and his two extra goals mean that for me he goes in the 5 that in my opinion, for us, were better than Gregory (so far).

Edited by markg

1 minute ago, elyowl1 said:

All subjective and your opinions valid, i liked Nuhiu but he was frozen out for long periods by Carlos. 

FF great in his first season, but after that i was never that impressed, great skills but not convinced by playing down the middle in pair, my opinion others will disagree. 

Would replace Madine with Wickham in his first loan spell though. 

Yeah, exactly. All about opinions mate.

Yeah, Wickham was outstanding in that first loan spell

10 minutes ago, markg said:

Madine had a length injury lay off too and his two extra goals mean that for me he goes in the 5 that in my opinion, for us, were better than Gregory (so far).

Each his own mate, if you think he was better then fair enough.

For me though, the fact that Gregory has averaged a goal roughly every 2.5 games since coming to Wednesday where as Madine averaged a goal roughly every 4 games for me makes Gregory the better striker.

That and the fact that Gregory isn’t a thug who has spent a lengthy part of his contract in prison gives him the edge in my view.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Each his own mate, if you think he was better then fair enough.

For me though, the fact that Gregory has averaged a goal roughly every 2.5 games since coming to Wednesday where as Madine averaged a goal roughly every 4 games for me makes Gregory the better striker.

That and the fact that Gregory isn’t a thug who has spent a lengthy part of his contract in prison gives him the edge in my view.

Agree with that part mate. 

`Completely see your other points too. Pretty hard to argue against tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markg said:

Agree with that part mate. 

`Completely see your other points too. Pretty hard to argue against tbh.

All about opinions pal, neither of us are right or wrong.

For me if I had to choose 5 strikers better than Gregory over the last 10 years I’d have gone with your list but switched Madine for Joao.

49 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

He was much better after Sow came on and his movement off the ball freed Gregory to come inside to get the ball.

Hes twice the player when he's dropping back into the 10 to link up play than when he's trying to lead the line as a 9.

This is why he will link so well with Smith, like when he did with Morison at Millwall.

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

What an outstanding performance this afternoon when he came on. Hold up play , chasing down , lay offs . For me he’s in the top 5 strikers over the last 10 years at S6 . Our striker our number 9. Just wish he was 5 years younger !

Absolute class today. Him and Byers were another level when they came on

• Like 1