Who’s gonna make top six then???

Given Derby have signed NML and Wildsmith, I expect them to win every game and be promoted by March.

Barnsley, Peterborough, Plymouth, Cheltenham and us make the rest 

Forest Green and Cheltenham the surprise packages 

13 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

There are at least a dozen sides in this division this year who will start the season with reasonable expectations to finish top 2 or top 6. Some of them are going to under achieve big time. 

Fair comment that.  I think this is going to be a ridiculously tight season.  I'm hopeful of automatic but wouldn't bet on it... there will definitely be a surprise package in the league.  

We can lay a marker down against Pompey.  Get the fans on board from day one... an opening day defeat and big wins elsewhere isn't what's needed.  Still, I'm keeping positive... we have more going for us than against.

Ey up Owls - I hope you're all well. Just wanted to offer a more balanced view of the Rams prospects than some of the Twatter crowd have.

Those of you playing down our chances of a top 6 finish are saying exactly the right things at this point. It's undeniable that most of us are happy with the signings we've made, very happy in the case of Hourihane and Chesters, but most acknowledge that we still have an unbalanced squad and need to make further signings if that is going to be corrected. It looks unlikely that Nathan Byrne will play for us again and so we have no senior RBs at the club. The departure of Buchanan has left us short of LBs also, with the club still trying to tie up a new contract for long-serving Craig Forsyth. And despite the signing of McGoldrick, we are lacking proven quality in the striker department, with only two 20 year-olds of limited league experience to contest that area. We also need a 2nd keeper  to challenge Wildsmith. Midfield and central defence are looking pretty strong however, even if as is expected Krystian Bielek and Jason Knight depart, the former probably on loan and the latter on a permanent deal somewhere. I'd say therefore that we're possibly 4/5 players light of a balance squad and Rosenior has the added task of integrating all those new players with the players remaining from last season's first team and U23 squads. That isn't going to happen overnight.

I'd say that the vast majority of Derby fans therefore are just delighted to have a team to support and to be out of the financial mire after 3 truly turbulent years. I said to mates when Clowes took over I'd be happy to see us hold our own and have a season without relegation worries. Anything else will be a bonus. I won't be jumping to any conclusions until we've played a dozen games or so and have shown we can compete with the more robust L1 teams.

Wednesday seem to have done some useful recruiting and should challenge again. Peterborough and Barnsley always have to be respected for their experience and ability to bounce straight back from relegation. Ipswich still have a strong squad and, if they can make a team out of it, have to be feared. Wycombe will be as awkward an opponent as ever. Bolton should also be strong and Plymouth, Charlton, Portsmouth, Oxford and Lincoln will be in with a shout. Burton will beat us at least once!

Good luck for the season and I look forward to our trip to Hillsborough as I always do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crewton Ram said:

Ey up Owls - I hope you're all well. Just wanted to offer a more balanced view of the Rams prospects than some of the Twatter crowd have.

Those of you playing down our chances of a top 6 finish are saying exactly the right things at this point. It's undeniable that most of us are happy with the signings we've made, very happy in the case of Hourihane and Chesters, but most acknowledge that we still have an unbalanced squad and need to make further signings if that is going to be corrected. It looks unlikely that Nathan Byrne will play for us again and so we have no senior RBs at the club. The departure of Buchanan has left us short of LBs also, with the club still trying to tie up a new contract for long-serving Craig Forsyth. And despite the signing of McGoldrick, we are lacking proven quality in the striker department, with only two 20 year-olds of limited league experience to contest that area. We also need a 2nd keeper  to challenge Wildsmith. Midfield and central defence are looking pretty strong however, even if as is expected Krystian Bielek and Jason Knight depart, the former probably on loan and the latter on a permanent deal somewhere. I'd say therefore that we're possibly 4/5 players light of a balance squad and Rosenior has the added task of integrating all those new players with the players remaining from last season's first team and U23 squads. That isn't going to happen overnight.

I'd say that the vast majority of Derby fans therefore are just delighted to have a team to support and to be out of the financial mire after 3 truly turbulent years. I said to mates when Clowes took over I'd be happy to see us hold our own and have a season without relegation worries. Anything else will be a bonus. I won't be jumping to any conclusions until we've played a dozen games or so and have shown we can compete with the more robust L1 teams.

Wednesday seem to have done some useful recruiting and should challenge again. Peterborough and Barnsley always have to be respected for their experience and ability to bounce straight back from relegation. Ipswich still have a strong squad and, if they can make a team out of it, have to be feared. Wycombe will be as awkward an opponent as ever. Bolton should also be strong and Plymouth, Charlton, Portsmouth, Oxford and Lincoln will be in with a shout. Burton will beat us at least once!

Good luck for the season and I look forward to our trip to Hillsborough as I always do.

Never particularly liked Derby but that's a balanced view and I feel for your supporters over the past 2 years. To be fair as well, you've stuck by your team which is commendable. Our record at your place in recent years is truly awful so it's never a trip I look forward to. Hope you enjoy L1, there's some decent trips and days out, obviously hope we get automatics and then I couldn't care less who else goes up. 

17 hours ago, Crewton Ram said:

You should think yourselves very lucky to still be in the league at all, imo you should have got the same punishment as Bury, EFL have no shame.

• Thanks 2

Guest Andy W
14 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

WHO is us ?

obviously not a Wednesdayite

FYI Us is Wednesday, Wednesdayite forr 50 years.

Rralist too and used to disappointment so that's my opinion, feel free to have yours

For what it's worth I think the league is split exactly in half. In rough order of how likely it is I think there are 12 teams who will be aiming for at least a paly-off place; us, Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, Ipswich, Wycombe, MK Dons, Bolton, Portsmouth, Oxford, Plymouth and Charlton.  Of these maybe 4 or 5 have a realistic aim of automatic promotion if they can click. The other 12 teams will start out being happy with survival and delivering the odd upset but strange things can happen once the season gets going.

With a couple more signings since my last post I'm a little happier with our business so far but think we need to get a couple of decent loans in to compliment the squad and give us a bit more flair when it comes to attacking options. 

23 hours ago, Crewton Ram said:

Do one

• Love 1

Guest Andy W
2 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Have you been drinking. 🤣

Recently or ever?

Very strange response to someone having an opinion that differs to yours..it's called debate look it up.

If it helps justify to you that your opinion counts more best of luck with that 👍

23 hours ago, Crewton Ram said:

I don't care.

• Thanks 2

On 10/07/2022 at 16:08, Crewton Ram said:

You’ll be in for a shock, no doubt about it!

• Like 1