Who’s gonna make top six then???

Apparently some Derby fans think they’ll have won the league by December………..

Derby County fans have given their reaction to the signing of midfielder Conor Hourihane, who has joined the club on a free transfer.

The former Aston Villa man has put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Pride Park. He could make his debut in the club’s first pre-season friendly of the season against Bradford City this weekend.

Derby beat off competition from the Championship to sign Hourihane and he becomes the fourth new arrival since a takeover of the club late last week. Striker Tom Barkhuizen, goalkeeper Joe Wildsmith and forward Nathaniel Mendez-Laing all joined on free transfers over the weekend.

Following the confirmation of the signing of Hourihane, Rams fans took to social media to share their delight at the news. Here’s what just some had to say as eyes turn to the new season.

Jacob Hackett : Top, top business. What a signing 

Bill : This is making me queasy at this point, unreal scenes 

Shane Milburn : What a top signing at this level, only Bannan in his league for me. #dcfc #dcfcfans 

@Tubsimmons : Announce promotion 

Matt : What a signing for league 1 mannnn 

Chris Walsh : Hourah !! I’m here all week! Would have been a good signing in the championship! A great signing in league 1 

Adam : we’re actually gonna win the league in like December #dcfc 

Rob : Try telling me this isn’t a statement of intent! What a signing this is #dcfc 

Mitch : What a signing this is. We’ve waited so long for a transfer window where we can sign players and now we can we’re certainly making the most of it. #DCFC #dcfcfans 

James Walker : From the edge of liquidation to a signing like this in the 3rd tier? 

Is there anything more Derby County than that? #DCFC #dcfcfans

Bruce Mather : CONOR HOURIHANE! ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME!! What a signing #dcfc #dcfcfans 

Derby have been out of administration for a week and have already brought 4 new players in.

Wednesday have only signed 5 new players and seem to be missing out on some of our other targets as things stand. Long way to go still but the confidence people have in thinking we're going to get top 2 seems a bit premature; currently we're a few injuries away from Jaden Brown playing. Someone earlier said they think Derby could become the new Sunderland whereas I fear that it's as likely that it could be us. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Derby will finish around 14th. 

Reckon Dingles will be knocking around top 6 with us, Plymouth, Oxford and Peterborough. 
Not convinced MK Dons will be up there unless they keep their decent players, can’t remember their names. 

They've already lost them. Twine and Darling have gone. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatNebber said:

Derby have been out of administration for a week and have already brought 4 new players in.

Wednesday have only signed 5 new players and seem to be missing out on some of our other targets as things stand. Long way to go still but the confidence people have in thinking we're going to get top 2 seems a bit premature; currently we're a few injuries away from Jaden Brown playing. Someone earlier said they think Derby could become the new Sunderland whereas I fear that it's as likely that it could be us. 

Good for them. So they now have 9 senior players. Almost a team lol

• Haha 1

All a massive guessing game really...

I am pretty confident we will be in there. You'd fancy Posh to be in the mix given their history at this level.. Suspect Ipswich will finally get in the top 6 this season and Bolton could be a real threat too. 

Wycombe have lost Stockdale to us, but have plenty of experience and knowhow elsewhere in the team. Dingles are a bit like Posh, insofar as they always seem to click at this level and find a way out one way or another. 

Not so sure about Derby. Made some decent signings on paper, but feels like a lot of moving parts have to come together there. They could be a bit like us last season, taking a while to really click into gear. 

Can't imagine Plymouth and MK Dons will be as strong as last season. 

• Like 1

On paper no one can deny that Derby are going to be looking good. I'm not sure how much actual League One experience they're bringing in though, which we've seen before is important (not just with us). They'll be everyone's cup final so they need to gel and be mentally up for it. If not they'll probably just sneak the play offs. 

I do think we'll be top two, just a couple more signings to bring in to get us there. We're only truly weaker for losing Luongo and Vaulks seems like a good replacement. Although Dean was good he didn't play anywhere near enough games for us to consider him a loss to the squad like some suggest.

On 06/07/2022 at 12:50, Bloxwich Owl said:

Apparently some Derby fans think they’ll have won the league by December………..

Derby County fans have given their reaction to the signing of midfielder Conor Hourihane, who has joined the club on a free transfer.

The former Aston Villa man has put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Pride Park. He could make his debut in the club’s first pre-season friendly of the season against Bradford City this weekend.

Derby beat off competition from the Championship to sign Hourihane and he becomes the fourth new arrival since a takeover of the club late last week. Striker Tom Barkhuizen, goalkeeper Joe Wildsmith and forward Nathaniel Mendez-Laing all joined on free transfers over the weekend.

Following the confirmation of the signing of Hourihane, Rams fans took to social media to share their delight at the news. Here’s what just some had to say as eyes turn to the new season.

Jacob Hackett : Top, top business. What a signing 

Bill : This is making me queasy at this point, unreal scenes 

Shane Milburn : What a top signing at this level, only Bannan in his league for me. #dcfc #dcfcfans 

@Tubsimmons : Announce promotion 

Matt : What a signing for league 1 mannnn 

Chris Walsh : Hourah !! I’m here all week! Would have been a good signing in the championship! A great signing in league 1 

Adam : we’re actually gonna win the league in like December #dcfc 

Rob : Try telling me this isn’t a statement of intent! What a signing this is #dcfc 

Mitch : What a signing this is. We’ve waited so long for a transfer window where we can sign players and now we can we’re certainly making the most of it. #DCFC #dcfcfans 

James Walker : From the edge of liquidation to a signing like this in the 3rd tier? 

Is there anything more Derby County than that? #DCFC #dcfcfans

Bruce Mather : CONOR HOURIHANE! ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME!! What a signing #dcfc #dcfcfans 

There would’ve been none of this spaffing  on here about the signings Derby have made. It would’ve been more like ‘what have we signed them geriatrics for’ and we shouldn’t be chucking money around on the wages they’ll be costing’ 

I mean we’ve done some relatively smart business ourselves but it’s not been good enough for some 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

It’s my mantra to remind everyone it’s a team game. Clubs that win things have teams that play for each other. Derby are miles away from that. It will be like when you turn out for the pub team on Sunday and your playing under someone else’s name. Everyone keeps shouting Dave and then not understanding why you don’t do as they ask…

• Haha 1