Article on Sam Hutchinson's career

Sam has all the attributes for a long career in football. Would have loved him to have another season with us then join the coaching staff for which he is well qualified.

I imagined him coaching the likes of Brennan to get em toughened up and up to speed. Sadly it seems not to be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great article, great player for us. There's something very likeable about the lad and loved watching him play when he was in the right mood for it, was never afraid to get stuck in which is more than can be said about a lot of our players recently. 

If we replace him with a player anywhere near his ability I'll be a happy man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Sam has all the attributes for a long career in football. Would have loved him to have another season with us then join the coaching staff for which he is well qualified.

I imagined him coaching the likes of Brennan to get em toughened up and up to speed. Sadly it seems not to be.

A coaching role would be great at Wednesday....Will probably be at a higher profile club soon.

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Anyone think it's a bit strange that we haven't heard anything from him since he left?

You thinking there might still be a chance we offer him a new deal if we don't get some of our other targets?

I.e. we're not going to you a contract just now, but keep your thoughts to yourself and we might be in touch....

2 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

You thinking there might still be a chance we offer him a new deal if we don't get some of our other targets?

I.e. we're not going to you a contract just now, but keep your thoughts to yourself and we might be in touch....

No I thought he might have spilt the beans as to why he didn't get a contract, there was some chat about things going off at playoffs time, as I say he is no shrinking violet 

8 hours ago, Blatter said:

Exactly the way I hoped it would go. With a bit of luck we can get him onto the backroom staff, I think he'd be a real asset.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, I Love Coffee said:

True legend of the club

A good player (not great) with a brilliant attitude and one of the best competitors we've had at the club in the last 20 years. I suppose its how you define a legend. We've had great teams in the past that Hutchinson wouldn't get anywhere near. A bit like Bullen, a great servant at a time when the club has struggled and needed to fight.

• Like 1

Guest I Love Coffee
12 hours ago, Staffordshireowls said:

A good player (not great) with a brilliant attitude and one of the best competitors we've had at the club in the last 20 years. I suppose its how you define a legend. We've had great teams in the past that Hutchinson wouldn't get anywhere near. A bit like Bullen, a great servant at a time when the club has struggled and needed to fight.

We've not had much to celebrate over the past few years, hes been a certain bright spot.

On 18/06/2022 at 10:01, Road Runner said:

He will be back at Hillsborough one day in some capacity. 

I know agreeing with this sentiment will be met with some people saying something along the lines of why do us fans always want ex players back at the club, blah blah blah.

Loyalty though is something that is rare in Football, if you add up all the players and figure out who actually find a club they want to stay at.

I don't understand why Wednesday don't put more of the older players through coaching courses and have them take steps to being a coach if they so desire, it would add continuity.

That said, we have no idea if Hutchinson would be a good coach, or even has the desire to do so.    If the answer is yes to both, I'd take him back in that position in a heartbeat.

As a player?  No, we need to look forwards not backwards.

• Like 1

dont agree at all with his release i said many weeks ago that this coming season will involve cost cuts while some think spendaggeddon is going to happen.  we didnt have 300k to even get jack tucker , top 6 this season unless some rabbits are pulled out of the hat is going to be harder than a lot think.