Liam Palmer

What if we had scored 2 more goals, or the rebound off BPF had gone to our player instead of the Sunderland striker in the first leg, or what if we had beaten Derby last season?

Liam ain’t the greatest player in history but he’s solid, dependable and a lot of people with more knowledge than me obviously rate him highly. Yes it was a bad goal to concede but if the same happened at the other end and Gregory had scored we would all be doing back flips.

Interesting fact for you 

If defenders never made a mistake in a game of football then every game would end up 0-0 

Don’t see the point in having a pop here, it was a great run and an excellent finish 

• Like 1

Score goals as a team , and you concede as a team 

Was a dreadful goal for any side to concede, end of story , can dissect it all day long makes no odds and doesn’t change owt, scapegoating individuals is nonsense 

Hutchinson’s mistake at SOL was far far worse, it happens , it’s happened , move on and get over it 

17 hours ago, mark77 said:

The fact that Jack Hunt played 69 minutes out of 180 (over 200 mins really) is criminal...

Palmer was directly responsible for the goal, he should not have been beaten to the cross, Storey had played nearly 100 minutes, was tired and was let down by NML (who himself had only been on 5 mins).

What about the 5 games when BPF cost us AUTOMATIC promotion by his dreadful performances over that time, costing us 6 pts, at least..

Might as well throw them into the mix if we are blaming one player for not going up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Palmer isn't the problem, he was unlucky to lose his shirt yesterday - as soon as he came on we drove up the field more. 

When Hutch went off we looked more fragile at the back. I think if he had been still on they wouldn't have scored that.

I would have replaced Hutch with Dunkley, centre half for centre half, plus he would have given us a threat at set pieces.

What annoys me is lack of desire. That can be placed at NML feet as he'd only been on 5 minutes. Storey had played over 90 minutes and clearly looked tired (not an excuse but a reason). Palmer had 20/30 yards on his man. Look at the desire of the Sunderland player to get there first. If you match that desire he doesn't score. Palmer looked when he was 5/10 yards away and was still beaten.

All players make errors (Hutchinson 1st Leg). My point is we've seen this many times before with Palmer....

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

It’s always difficult coming on as a defender, trying to get up to the pace of the game etc and try and win your individual battles.

Its arguably the most difficult substitution you can make. Let’s not forget Roberts and Clarke are arguably the two best players in the league along with Bannan and Pritchard.

I don’t believe it’s fair to make Palmer the scapegoat. Storey was beaten far too easily for me.

The same applies with Mendez-Laing, he’s not a full back and should not play there. He doesn’t have the instincts or awareness to play there.

A competent manager would of gone 4-3-3 rather than put square pegs in round holes.

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Jack Hunt got suckered for that not Palmer.

1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

think you should be looking at Hunt more than anyone…

Hunt made the initial mistake, but the goal was preventable at that stage, until Palmer ground to a halt in the middle...