Alex Neil

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

From The Star

He said: “I was so pleased for the players tonight. They do get written off.

"I can’t remember how many people I’ve seen tipping Sheffield Wednesday as favourites, so they can put that in their pipe.”

So he’s probably aiming that at the likes of Ainsworth, Hinchcliffe etc. Fair enough really. 

What a contrasting pair him and Ainsworth will make on the touch line at Wembley. One looks like Animal from the muppets and the other like an ageing Jimmy Somerville. 

Similar playing style though - which is nice

9 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

From The Star

"I can’t remember how many people I’ve seen tipping Sheffield Wednesday as favourites, so they can put that in their pipe.”

You mean people were asked for their preduction on the game? 

Well, bloody hell.

I can understand why that upset him so much.

Is it possible for Sunderland to win and he loses. Perhaps an anvil gets dropped on his head at full time?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

I really, really don't like him. 

He's an arsehole and his teams are usually crap to watch. 

He's Prestoned Sunderland as far as I can tell.

But, he got the job done on us, and that's what he's paid for. Think his main issue will be the Mackems will eventually lose patience with such a dull style of play. 

Great manager,

Far better than ours

At least he has tactics... 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

So he’s probably aiming that at the likes of Ainsworth, Hinchcliffe etc. Fair enough really. 

What a contrasting pair him and Ainsworth will make on the touch line at Wembley. One looks like Animal from the muppets and the other like an ageing Jimmy Somerville. 

Similar playing style though - which is nice

Yeah cos over 2 games we were Man City

He outclassed Moore,that's why were going to Forest Green and their going to Watford next season..

And player wise they are no better than us....tactics....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brando said:

Great manager,

Far better than ours

At least he has tactics... 

He's not a great manager though. 

He's a solid lower league manager. 

Make him sound like he's Pep Guardiola. 

• Like 2

And it should be pointed out that our manager - with no tactics - managed to amass 85 points and lost to Alex Guardiola by virtue of a last minute goal. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Definitely . Problem is it needs a few referees to be brave and set the trend going for early bookings . 

Should be down to whoevers in charge of referees not a few individuals.

51 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

From The Star

Bookies had us as slight favourites, and we finished (just) above them. Quite reasonable that pundits may have tipped us.

Suppose it’s all part of a siege mentality etc to get them up for it. 

34 minutes ago, brando said:

Yeah cos over 2 games we were Man City

He outclassed Moore,that's why were going to Forest Green and their going to Watford next season..

And player wise they are no better than us....tactics....

That has to be one of the worst sale jobs I've ever read for being in the Championship. 

I mean, for one, they have to actually win the play off final. Perhaps you unaware of how the play off concept works, but that does need to happen. 

Secondly, no one, on the face of the planet, in the history of the universe, ever got excited about the prospect of facing Watford. 

Have a day off, bud. 

3 hours ago, Brommers said:

Refs could stop it quite easily. Warn both teams before game starts that bookings will be given for unsporting behaviour as soon as anyone takes the pizz. No warnings, a straight yellow. Also, use follow the effin rules, if a keeper holds onto the ball for more than 6 seconds, give a free kick. If a player goes down with anything other than a head injury do NOT stop the game.

Players would soon stop, it's not difficult. 

Drives me mad.  Easy to stop, just apply the rules.   

• Like 3

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 hours ago, SiJ said:

I really, really don't like him. 

He's an arsehole and his teams are usually crap to watch. 

He's Prestoned Sunderland as far as I can tell.

But, he got the job done on us, and that's what he's paid for. Think his main issue will be the Mackems will eventually lose patience with such a dull style of play. 

Pretty good tactically to be fair to him. 

I disliked his PNE team and I was surprised how he has turned Sunderland into the same set of bassads without even signing anyone. Got bored of seeing their grimacing moaning faces and Pritchards wannabe Bannan beard last night because no football was being player and they decided to talk to the referee instead 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

That has to be one of the worst sale jobs I've ever read for being in the Championship. 

I mean, for one, they have to actually win the play off final. Perhaps you unaware of how the play off concept works, but that does need to happen. 

Secondly, no one, on the face of the planet, in the history of the universe, ever got excited about the prospect of facing Watford. 

Have a day off, bud. 

Going to play Forest Green is more interesting than playing Watford. 

Until we lose anyway 

im 99% sure sunderland will beat wycombe quite easily in final , but say if they lose there heads get a man sent off and fail i want to see the mackems faces when they fail . when there mad and losing its wonderful to see , i got great pleasure watching there fans vent after all there losses after they did us 5-0 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

im 99% sure sunderland will beat wycombe quite easily in final , but say if they lose there heads get a man sent off and fail i want to see the mackems faces when they fail . when there mad and losing its wonderful to see , i got great pleasure watching there fans vent after all there losses after they did us 5-0 

its not like me, but I hope they fkup after seeing their reaction today.