Alex Neil

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

im 99% sure sunderland will beat wycombe quite easily in final , but say if they lose there heads get a man sent off and fail i want to see the mackems faces when they fail . when there mad and losing its wonderful to see , i got great pleasure watching there fans vent after all there losses after they did us 5-0 

If Wycombe go 1 up and start sitting on the floor and slowing the game down I’ll look forward to Alex Neil’s face 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sour grapes.

What is it? A fifteen match unbeaten run or something since he took over at Sunderland? 

Tactically he had Moore on toast over the two legs and his team deserved to go through.

As for moaning that he made three substitutes in injury time. So what?

Not one of us would have had a problem if we were in that position and slowing the game down as much as possible.

• Like 2

Just now, morganowl said:

we all hate wycombe and there manager but i actually want them to beat sunderland now 

I'm sort of seeing it as a no lose scenario. 

I will take a bit of satisfaction with whoever loses. 

Part of me would love to give Sunderland a proper hammering next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, g-owls said:

Sour grapes.

What is it? A fifteen match unbeaten run or something since he took over at Sunderland? 

Tactically he had Moore on toast over the two legs and his team deserved to go through.

As for moaning that he made three substitutes in injury time. So what?

Not one of us would have had a problem if we were in that position and slowing the game down as much as possible.

he totally transformed sunderland beat by dony at home smashed 6-0 at bolton and so on then 15 unbeaten , he is 100x a better manager than d moore ,, does he play nice football nah is he a bit of a nob yer 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

And it should be pointed out that our manager - with no tactics - managed to amass 85 points and lost to Alex Guardiola by virtue of a last minute goal. 

But we DID lose.

There’s no question he out manoeuvred and out thought DM in the tactical stakes.

We knew what was coming and didn’t respond. After we’d equalised and there were only a few minutes to go, why were we chasing the game as if it was a league game and eventually leaving ourselves open at the back. 

Why take chances when there was extra time to be had, when we had all the momentum and we’d run them ragged in the last twenty minutes. Total naivety, where a more astute manager would have read the situation and acted accordingly and finished them off in extra time. 

Just another example of his not grasping situations as they unravel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm sort of seeing it as a no lose scenario. 

I will take a bit of satisfaction with whoever loses. 

Part of me would love to give Sunderland a proper hammering next season. 

i agree .. also it would have been much worse losing to sunderland at wembley with 45000 of them and 45000 of us , it would have been carnage  kicking off etc . 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

But we DID lose.

There’s no question he out manoeuvred and out thought DM in the tactical stakes.

We knew what was coming and didn’t respond. After we’d equalised and there were only a few minutes to go, why were we chasing the game as if it was a league game and eventually leaving ourselves open at the back. 

Why take chances when there was extra time to be had, when we had all the momentum and we’d run them ragged in the last twenty minutes. Total naivety, where a more astute manager would have read the situation and acted accordingly and finished them off in extra time. 

Just another example of his not grasping situations as they unravel.

True...but everyone in the ground could see we had the upper hand for 5 to 10 minutes and they were rocking (slightly)..It would have just taken a bit of quality (like bannans pass) for us to win..

I said to my old man around Christmas time when we were hammered at Sunderland and beat at Shrewsbury, that Moore, as nice a bloke he is, should be replaced with what at the time, was an out of work manager.

Alex Neil.

I don’t care if he comes across as a miserable character, or that he knows all the dark arts of the game. He’s a better tactician than the one we currently have. 

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

True...but everyone in the ground could see we had the upper hand for 5 to 10 minutes and they were rocking (slightly)..It would have just taken a bit of quality (like bannans pass) for us to win..

Sorry to repeat myself but we didn’t. 

A less naive manager would have been screaming NOT to compromise what we’d already got by chasing the result in normal time.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Sorry to repeat myself but we didn’t. 

A less naive manager would have been screaming NOT to compromise what we’d already got by chasing the result in normal time.

Hindsight doesn't win you football matches.

I agree with you looking back, but at the time we were all riding on a wave..Maybe that was the plan all along to try and tire them out.

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I agree with you looking back, but at the time we were all riding on a wave..Maybe that was the plan all along to try and tire them out.

No maybe not, but astute management clearly does. 

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

I mean, I thought we were the ones going to get the winner before full time. 

It didn't happen and then we get sucker punched. It's all a bit Captain Hindsight in here, but then some people are so set against Moore that it's a waste of time arguing with them. 

He's tactically naïve, lucky when we win, completely culpable when we lose, sticks too rigidly to his system, makes changes all the times. 

Could go on and on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Can’t decide whether I want them to go up and back down or get sucker punched by Wycombe and see him gutted

Hes a proper arsehole of the game

I hope Wycombe get an own goal in the first minute then 5hithoose it for the next 89 mins . 

& then he can stick that up his pipe . 

2 hours ago, brando said:

Yeah cos over 2 games we were Man City

He outclassed Moore,that's why were going to Forest Green and their going to Watford next season..

And player wise they are no better than us....tactics....

Agree that Neil out thought and out coached Moore over the entirety of the tie. But disagree about the players. Pritchard, Robert’s and Stewart all significantly better than any of our attacking players and all three turned up and contributed in both legs when it mattered most. Baath the best defender on view by some distance. 
Put to bed once and for all the blue tinted misconception that we had the best squad and the best player in the division. 

Their head injuries (that required treatment on the pitch) seemed to occur at really fortuitous moments. 
From memory there was one early that prevented Wednesday getting into a rhythm. One after we scored that killed the impetus and the Hutch incident (which noticeably Hutch came off worse from). 
I may be wrong on that, but that was my recollection. Either way, I’m sure it was just a fortunate coincidence.