Alex Neil

Something about last night bothers me (apart from the obvious) Micky Gray (on talkspor) keep saying why has  Alex, not used any subs, as some of his player look used up, as soon as they scored he did sub 3,

was it all a masterstroke or witchcraft ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Didn't want to disrupt the team in a tight game, and added to that if it went to ET he'd have had 4 sets of fresh legs to bring on for 30 mins. 

My point was he was risking us scoring again (unlikly but a risk never the less)

Very unlikeable chap who uses "game management" to its max.

3 subs in stopage time when they had a throw in meant there was a stop in play of 2 minutes.

When the 10 minutes of stopage time were up he starts going apocalyptic at the 4th official unable to comprehend where the additional stopage time has come from.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Never liked his teams at Preston and always been a time wasting , faking injuries kind of gaffer . Unfortunately it’s the modern way is time wasting and faking , not sure when or how it will change 

Refs could stop it quite easily. Warn both teams before game starts that bookings will be given for unsporting behaviour as soon as anyone takes the pizz. No warnings, a straight yellow. Also, use follow the effin rules, if a keeper holds onto the ball for more than 6 seconds, give a free kick. If a player goes down with anything other than a head injury do NOT stop the game.

Players would soon stop, it's not difficult. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Refs could stop it quite easily. Warn both teams before game starts that bookings will be given for unsporting behaviour as soon as anyone takes the pizz. No warnings, a straight yellow. Also, use follow the effin rules, if a keeper holds onto the ball for more than 6 seconds, give a free kick. If a player goes down with anything other than a head injury do NOT stop the game.

Players would soon stop, it's not difficult. 

Absolutely refs have a massive part to play but this was about Alex Neil and not refs . 

the time wasting and cheating comments u make are spot on but unfortunately refs don’t clamp down on it . 

player wastes time repeatedly in first half they gesture to them to hurry up . That will happen 3/4 times . Then second half commences in same manner , maybe eventually a booking occurrs when it’s then too late to give them another . (They never give 2 bookings anyway for time wasting . 

8 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Absolutely refs have a massive part to play but this was about Alex Neil and not refs . 

the time wasting and cheating comments u make are spot on but unfortunately refs don’t clamp down on it . 

player wastes time repeatedly in first half they gesture to them to hurry up . That will happen 3/4 times . Then second half commences in same manner , maybe eventually a booking occurrs when it’s then too late to give them another . (They never give 2 bookings anyway for time wasting . 

I accept it's about the players, but players will always try to push the boundaries. It's up to officials to set the boundaries correctly. They do that, then the players will fall in line. It's not rocket science.

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Saw a headline where he seems to have said Wednesday ‘can stick it in their pipe’ about their victory. Seems a bad winner, never mind a bad loser.

From The Star

He said: “I was so pleased for the players tonight. They do get written off.

"I can’t remember how many people I’ve seen tipping Sheffield Wednesday as favourites, so they can put that in their pipe.”

11 minutes ago, Brommers said:

I accept it's about the players, but players will always try to push the boundaries. It's up to officials to set the boundaries correctly. They do that, then the players will fall in line. It's not rocket science.

Definitely . Problem is it needs a few referees to be brave and set the trend going for early bookings . 

• Like 2