Barry Bannan Twitter...

Guest mrbluesky

99.999999999% of people who use the WAGE BILL argument to try and make out we should have been promoted aren't expressing their own views but the views of someone else they've read say it once

It's the latest fad/trend thing to say that's doing the rounds

Like the one where people were saying Bannan should have gone because all our play goes through him etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tagging the player into that message after that result is like going up to someone who's mum has just passed away and saying 'I really like you but your mums dead and maybe she would have lived longer if you'd have loved her more'

It's nothing like that at all. That's an unbelievably crass and distastesful comparison you're trying to make. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

99.999999999% of people who use the WAGE BILL argument to try and make out we should have been promoted aren't expressing their own views but the views of someone else they've read say it once

Like the one where people were saying Bannan should have gone because all our play goes through him etc etc

It's a strange theory where if you stay around long enough, you get turned on. 

Ronaldo getting booed at Real Madrid? 

It's madness. People just target people and pin blame. Easier to blame the ones who have been their longest than the shiny new toys. 

Even if the one there longest is clearly (as mentioned by every opposition manager) your best player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why not slash the wage bill by 50% and knock £10 off every home ticket. It wont impact on performance.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Twitter is a dreadful place. It’s a direct line between the worst element of a person’s personality and the outside world. 
I understand completely why a clubs captain feels a need to be on Twitter to keep in touch with the fans but I’d urge Bannan and indeed all players to switch it off for the close season and go and have a well earned break with their families. 

• Like 4

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's exactly like that

It's not, because talking about someone's performance at work in relation to their salary and based on recent performances is part of every day life. 

Telling someone their mum is dead because they didn't love them enough is thankfully not. You're either trolling, which is distasteful to say the least, or you genuinely believe what you're saying, which is actually worrying.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 09.33.07.png

He's one of those 🚨 WAGE BILL ALERT 🚨 blokes by the looks of it

That wage bill is dictated by the club aka DC

10 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

No it isn't. 

Not even close.

Football is just a game.

It is. It will initiate the exact same stress responses. 

You have no idea what it means to be harassed on social media like this. 

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

It's not, because talking about someone's performance at work in relation to their salary and based on recent performances is part of every day life. 

Telling someone their mum is dead because they didn't love them enough is thankfully not. You're either trolling, which is distasteful to say the least, or you genuinely believe what you're saying, which is actually worrying.

My point is that running up to Bannan on Twitter (virtually of course) after that crushing defeat and shouting at him about his wages is perhaps misguided and very very poorly timed

So yes

My point was valid and my example was relevant

Owlstalk Shop

I don't get the mentality of some people

What's the thought process that leads somebody to get up this morning and think "I know, I'll have a go at our best and most hardworking player, for earning a wage he could have easily got with another team in the league above"?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Wall said:

I don't get the mentality of some people

What's the thought process that leads somebody to get up this morning and think "I know, I'll have a go at our best and most hardworking player, for earning a wage he could have easily got with another team in the league above"?

Exactly

Bannan could have just stayed in the Championship and we could have had a different and less successful midfielder and not been in the playoffs

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Musttryharder
17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tagging the player into that message after that result is like going up to someone who's mum has just passed away and saying 'I really like you but your mums dead and maybe she would have lived longer if you'd have loved her more'

Deary deary me. Anyone but YOU coming with shuite like that would have been mulled. What a horrible comparison. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is that running up to Bannan on Twitter (virtually of course) after that crushing defeat and shouting at him about his wages is perhaps misguided and very very poorly timed

So yes

My point was valid and my example was relevant

Maybe next time try finding a better comparison to emphasise your 'misguided and poorly timed' point.

Your initial one was disgustingly misguided. But you keep doubling down on that, great look. 🙄