Barry Bannan Twitter...

Guest mrbluesky

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's how I read it - apologies if it wasn't intended that way

I just think the club and Barry should move on, if theres on offer on the table I personally think it would be sensible to take it in order to balance the books ahead of another season in league 1.

Whilst he has had a good season, like a few others in this squad he is well into the wrong side of 30 and his performances and fitness levels are naturally only going to go one way at this point.

It's a real shame it hasn't worked out and Barry hasn't had any success with us, because you can see that no one wanted it more than him.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

99.999999999% of people who use the WAGE BILL argument to try and make out we should have been promoted aren't expressing their own views but the views of someone else they've read say it once

It's the latest fad/trend thing to say that's doing the rounds

Like the one where people were saying Bannan should have gone because all our play goes through him etc etc

To be fair we had a large sqaud with some experienced and championship players compared to a lot of teams in this division, so we would naturally have a big wage bill in comparison. 

For me it's the same old that has cost us, not being able to get enough games out of a lot of our better players.  Windass, iorfa, Luongo have all missed large chunks of the season and hardly played. 3 of which would have been first choice if we could keep them fit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, RuncornOwl94 said:

I just think the club and Barry should move on, if theres on offer on the table I personally think it would be sensible to take it in order to balance the books ahead of another season in league 1.

Whilst he has had a good season, like a few others in this squad he is well into the wrong side of 30 and his performances and fitness levels are naturally only going to go one way at this point.

It's a real shame it hasn't worked out and Barry hasn't had any success with us, because you can see that no one wanted it more than him.

All I can think of though is where we would have finished in the league if Bannan wasn't at our club

16th maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It shouldnt' have to be though

but yes - bang on

No, we are still overly reliant on him. 

Sunderland had that O'Nien following him the entire game. 

We either find someone else who similar creative instincts or we change our style of play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really

It was a bang on one

Someone upset so someone goes up to them and piles on the pain some more

That's what's happened - both in the twitter spat and my analogy

people need to stop being oversensitive here

What do you think of fans having a pop at players on Twitter straight after a big defeat like that?

It really wasn't Neil. 

You're comparing the trauma of the loss of a loved one, to the trauma of losing a football match. 

They're a million miles apart.

And I already stated what I thought of the guy on twitter.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think of fans having a pop at players on Twitter straight after a big defeat like that?

Already explained that. let's not add more negatives to your behaviour today!

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair we had a large sqaud with some experienced and championship players compared to a lot of teams in this division, so we would naturally have a big wage bill in comparison. 

For me it's the same old that has cost us, not being able to get enough games out of a lot of our better players.  Windass, iorfa, Luongo have all missed large chunks of the season and hardly played. 3 of which would have been first choice if we could keep them fit. 

That's why I'd sever the ties with the unfit players and move them on mate

We keep trying to rely on them and keep getting let down

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Kraschenbern said:

It really wasn't Neil. 

You're comparing the trauma of the loss of a loved one, to the trauma of losing a football match. 

They're a million miles apart.

And I already stated what I thought of the guy on twitter.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

All I can think of though is where we would have finished in the league if Bannan wasn't at our club

16th maybe?

Appreciate that, but with a proper thought out replacement in summer there's no reason why we can't succeed.

Worst case scenario would be starting another season relying on Bannan and he goes and picks up an injury as he's getting old, my other concern is that I don't think the club invest properly in scouting. I don't trust the club to go out there and find a Scott Twine type that could contribute Barrys goals and assists.

Basically we're just rubbish at everything aren't we.

I think it's less harsh than telling someone there mum died cos they didn't love them enough.

To use your "analogy".

• Like 1

Just now, RuncornOwl94 said:

Appreciate that, but with a proper thought out replacement in summer there's no reason why we can't succeed.

Worst case scenario would be starting another season relying on Bannan and he goes and picks up an injury as he's getting old, my other concern is that I don't think the club invest properly in scouting. I don't trust the club to go out there and find a Scott Twine type that could contribute Barrys goals and assists.

Basically we're just rubbish at everything aren't we.

Yeah can see what you mean

Gonna be a big summer this summer and hopefully we get our business done as early as possible to go into pre-season bonding and gelling and not what we did last summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think it's less harsh than telling someone there mum died cos they didn't love them enough.

To use your "analogy".

Owlstalk Shop

That's why I'd sever the ties with the unfit players and move them on mate

We keep trying to rely on them and keep getting let down

I agree with you bud, most can go for me, the likes of John jules and Gibson have also been complete wastes of a loan too. Out of the old guard I'd probably keep Hutchinson though to keep that extra experience in the side, seems a bit of a leader too. Can't complain too much about appearances as he's still racked up 30 league games this year for me which is a good solid average 2/3ds of a season. 

• Love 1

I don't think Stevie Brown has done a a lot wrong.
I dont agree with him but has just offered an opinion, wasn't being abusive.

Bit daft tagging the player but probably came up automatically.

Bannan a bit daft for reply but was probably done in heat of the moment and wasn't abusive back just narky so no harm done.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As already stated I think it's idiotic.

But not comparible to what you said. 

I remember a time when you were the voice of reason on here.

To use your "analogy".

Jesus wept, it's an analogy, he's not saying it's literally identical.

Bit like if you can somebody a 'grammar nazi' I think we all understand that the actual Nazi regime of the 1940s, was a bit more serious.

That's how analogies work, you make a comparison to a more extreme example, with some similarities

• Like 3