Barry Bannan Twitter...

Guest mrbluesky

18 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

If your favourite singer released a single that you didn't like, would you do the same to them on twitter?  

Ohhh but they do

And when you announce a tour (ANY tour) just get ready for people in towns/cities that aren't on that tour to go utterly ballistic at you and scream 'WHAT???  NO NORWICH???' etc etc

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ohhh but they do

And when you announce a tour (ANY tour) just get ready for people in towns/cities that aren't on that tour to go utterly ballistic at you and scream 'WHAT???  NO NORWICH???' etc etc

lol

I wouldn't know, we only ever got praise 😂😂

Bands you don't like, fair enough. I love to slag the 1975, and Robbie Williams for example.

Or say, if someone like arctic monkeys did a tour but completely missed out Sheffield (I feel like this happened before, and they got pelters for it) then give em some hammer.

But it seems like abuse for abuse sake at times. Would they say the same to the person's face? Very much doubt it. A generation of keyboard hardcases int it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ohhh but they do

lol

And I've heard similar from bands that have been booked to play Norwich. 

WHAT??? NO!!!!! NORWICH?!?!

14 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I think the bit that’s riled Bannan is the wages part. 

Bannan could ask ‘Stevie’ his wages compared to his achievements and then rag on him for it. 

Steviebrownowl will have zero achievements and zero people interested in watching his work.

Also laughable a Conservative supporter seeming to expect some return on investment 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

And so it begins...

He should tell him to fizz off.

I'm more annoyed at myself cos I thought it was going to extra time so I went to the ladies room. I came out and a Leeds fan took the mick, he was unpleasant and laughing. I told him to concentrate on his own team 

Guest Mcguigan
20 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

StevieBrownOwls sucks off tramps, pass it on.

By the time it’s passed on to page 9 it will be stevie sucks brown off tramps owls, pass it on.

Barry Bannan has been and hopefully will remain, a great player and ambassador for our club for the rest of his playing career. He is also a really nice guy with the fans as I witnessed in the car park before the Sunderland match when our players arrived in their cars. Of course they all posed for the many selfie requests from the young and not so young fans, but Barry Bannan stood out in the way he had conversations with supporters and it took him ages to get from his car to the players gate. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Jesus christ what a foooking idiot that bloke is.

Exactly. In all honesty, I don't really care what players are paid. It's the football clubs as employers that agree the amounts to which a player says yes or no to. No different to any other job.

Your not exactly going to turn round if you are offered the amount you want and say, sorry that's too much. 

Perhaps BB should turn round and tell this idiot that they are stealing a wage in their job. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Exactly. In all honesty, I don't really care what players are paid. It's the football clubs as employers that agree the amounts to which a player says yes or no to. No different to any other job.

Your not exactly going to turn round if you are offered the amount you want and say, sorry that's too much. 

Perhaps BB should turn round and tell this idiot that they are stealing a wage in their job. 

In someways you are right that what a footballer earns is between him and the club.
But I don't think its any secret that Footballers wages have increased dramatically over last few years.
This has meant the gap between Footballers and supporters has widened to a chasm and a lot off people feel less connected with the game.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chrisf said:

This twonk is a Tory from Stocksbridge, supports Brexit, lives in Portugal and attacks a player about wages (it's the Tory way, dear boy). Clearly demented.

so what your saying is he's a to$$er.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Considering we have recently had a points deduction due to financial irregularities and a period of decline in the club coinciding with players not being paid their salary I would say that player wages are pretty important.

Edited by 83owl

17 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Considering we have recently had a points deduction due to financial irregularities and a period of decline in the club coinciding with players not being paid their salary I would say that player wages are pretty important.

They are

Not to fans though
Should only be important in terms of the Chairman needs to spend wisely

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

I think you’re incorrectly conflating the value of the salary with the prompt payment of said salary.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I think you’re incorrectly conflating the value of the salary with the prompt payment of said salary.

Not at all.

The pot isn’t limitless, the more we paid huge wages to underperforming players the more likely it was that we were going to run into payment problems.