Barry Bannan Twitter...

Guest mrbluesky

Just now, The Wall said:

Jesus wept, it's an analogy, he's not saying it's literally identical.

Bit like if you can somebody a 'grammar nazi' I think we all understand that the actual Nazi regime of the 1940s, was a bit more serious.

That's how analogies work, you make a comparison to a more extreme example, with some similarities

THANK YOU

It's a bit sad that you've had to sit and explain it to people but there you go

Owlstalk Shop

Whatever we pay Bannan we have got our moneys worth this season. 

This season is the first time in years where  every player has played for the shirt, sadly though some have not been good enough. 

Pity that Fletcher, Reach and a couple of others last season didnt show the same commitment. 

Sadly in the playoffs imo we got the one team in this League who are better than us. 

Over two legs i would have expected us to beat any other team with the players we put out and that includes Wigan and Rotherham 

• Like 3

Just now, elyowl1 said:

This season is the first time in years where  every player has played for the shirt, 

This is such an important point about what Moore has brought to this club

For years we've had managers bleating on about how they'll get the players to do that and never have

Moore has delivered

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Without Bannans goals/assists and general high quality play we probably wouldn’t have even made the play offs. He is the least of any problems we have. 

Agreed

It's analogies that are the true problem at this football club

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Appreciate that, but with a proper thought out replacement in summer there's no reason why we can't succeed.

Worst case scenario would be starting another season relying on Bannan and he goes and picks up an injury as he's getting old, my other concern is that I don't think the club invest properly in scouting. I don't trust the club to go out there and find a Scott Twine type that could contribute Barrys goals and assists.

Basically we're just rubbish at everything aren't we.

One of the problems for me (and while it's not his fault) is a lot of players we sign use barry as there get out of jail free card to avoid taking responsibility on themselves to take control of the game. Just give bazza the ball and see if he can create something, instead of trying to make things happen themselves. We need to sign midfielders and attacking players who will try to create or make an impact themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Stevie Brown has done a a lot wrong.
I dont agree with him but has just offered an opinion, wasn't being abusive.

You're right that he wasn't abusive, but calling out a player directly on a public forum and telling him he's not good enough and is paid too much (especially given how well Bannan's played this season) is a pretty sh*tty thing to do.

• Like 2

Just now, punkskaphil said:

You're right that he wasn't abusive, but calling out a player directly on a public forum and telling him he's not good enough and is paid too much (especially given how well Bannan's played this season) is a pretty sh*tty thing to do.

BANG ON 

It's the same as....

Ahhhhh...

Best not.

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing to see here really
Just one fan in all honesty 

And one fan that's trying to drop a 🚨 WAGE BILL ALERT 🚨 on the internet 

Cos we don't get enough of those do we - we need more people trying to use the wages as some sort of thunderous success stick

If I was speculating I'd guess Bannan's extension was at North of 20k PW if we had stayed up but was significantly lower on relegation.

He stayed on lower wage but keeps getting this thrown at him whilst probably getting greif at home for not moving on to get bigger wage in championship.

Would explain the "I'll have to speak to wife" comments last night as if he stays he's giving up opportunity of a last big contract of >20k pw

• Like 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, The Wall said:

I don't get the mentality of some people

What's the thought process that leads somebody to get up this morning and think "I know, I'll have a go at our best and most hardworking player, for earning a wage he could have easily got with another team in the league above"?

You said it yourself.

What 'thought process'?

25 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But the point is, he'll still have that job and life next season.

He's lost nothing.

Good players take joy and pride out of their job. They get motivated by promotions, cups, fan support, awards, etc etc.

The main motivation for a job usually is not money although many people believe otherwise.

Of course you lose something, if somebody puts you down in public, says you're not worth your money,  tell you that you work the whole season was worthless- expecially at a moment in time, when you are down anyway. Players are humans! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I said Gregory should be dropped.

I do.

At the end of the day, football is entertainment.

That's it. 

Not life and death, nobody gets hurt.

Social media is a part of that, and if you think being told to do better in yoir job is that bad, you need to fet off it.

If it was happening all season, he could block or report and it stops immediately. 

Do I condone this stuff, no. But comparing it to losing family is a complete joke, and a ******** bad one at that.

I’m saying the same stress responses occur, not that the lasting pain is the same. 

And that is why, eventually, players react. 

Unless you’re a secret footballer or very famous, you can’t empathise with BB in this case. 

Moronic thing to hit our best player with. What’s to say the idiot’s not a blunt

Bit surprised Barry Bannan engaged with him though. If I’d been him I would have asked his wife to post his apology to the fans and thank them for their brilliant support and then stay the foook off twitter for at least a fortnight if not for the rest of the summer. 

Morons just have their sense of narcissistic importance inflated when their targets engage with them. 

Barry Bannan was one of a very select few of Owls players who left everything out on the pitch last night. I hope he stays. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alb1owl said:

I’m saying the same stress responses occur, not that the lasting pain is the same. 

And that is why, eventually, players react. 

Unless you’re a secret footballer or very famous, you can’t empathise with BB in this case. 

But he's on social media.

He's on there because he wants to be.

Nobody goes to a funeral because they want to.

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Good players take joy and pride out of their job. They get motivated by promotions, cups, fan support, awards, etc etc.

The main motivation for a job usually is not money although many people believe otherwise.

Of course you lose something, if somebody puts you down in public, says you're not worth your money,  tell you that you work the whole season was worthless- expecially at a moment in time, when you are down anyway. Players are humans! 

It's a hit to his pride.

He's got a small child, I bet his pride gets smashed daily if shes anything like mine. Mine said I look like a fat panda, but not black and white yesterday.

Life goes on.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

It's a hit to his pride.

He's got a small child, I bet his pride gets smashed daily if shes anything like mine. Mine said I look like a fat panda, but not black and white yesterday.

Life goes on.

Yeah, life goes on, but it would be so much nicer with less morons around 👍

And don't worry, I'm sure you don't look like a Panda 😘

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

He shouldn’t have bitten there.. social media is a curse and if I was a player I wouldn’t use it 

At least avoid it for a week or two after a result like last night. 

Then quietly block all the idiots. 

On Facebook I just unfollow/snooze people for 30 days if they're posting rubbish. 

17 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Yeah, life goes on, but it would be so much nicer with less morons around 👍

And don't worry, I'm sure you don't look like a Panda 😘

It would indeed.

As for the panda thing, she's not wrong.

• Haha 1