In praise of the Ticket Office

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have to say that it is also a pleasure speaking with the staff in our Ticket Office.

They're all brilliant and very helpful with any problems. 

Over years they have received abuse from so called fans, I do know that one person is banned after going on a rant, probably aimed at Chansiri and for some reason took it out on the ticket office staff. :duntmatter:

I have always been so impressed with them, a couple of years ago when I had my season ticket and stupidly thought I would get a new one instead of it just renewing they gave me a replacement one free of charge after I threw the old one away! I spoke to one of the staff their once and they said the vast majority of Wednesday fans are incredibly polite and understanding with them, even in stressful times like massive lines of people wanting play off final tickets.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Rubbish, phoned ticket office from Seville saying I’d lost all my documents and wasn’t allowed to fly across international borders, they did next to nothing

Similar experience to you.

I called them because I wanted my pipes lagging now it's turned a bit colder again, they were completely useless, and I won't lie, I slammed the phone down on them in complete despair. At my wits end, and wondering how on earth to fix the problem, completely out of the blue, I received an unsolicited call, asking if" I needed my pipes lagging", I told them "yes, that would be wonderful, how lucky am I to receive this call", the fella at the other end told me "no need to be sarcy pal, I'm just trying to earn a living - and slammed the phone down on me.

I guess that was karma?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Rubbish, phoned ticket office from Seville saying I’d lost all my documents and wasn’t allowed to fly across international borders, they did next to nothing

I'd just stay in Seville it's much better than Sheffield. 

Looking at the dates of the last play off matches (17th May) and the play off final (21st May), who ever gets to the final their ticket offices are going to have to be super efficient to distribute tickets within a three day period. I don't think the EFL have thought this through.

Might not be a problem if its Rotherham, MK Dons or Wickem  with their average crowds ok 6K but if it is Owls V Sunderland I can't see how 80,000 tickets are going to be distributed - I forecast big problems!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

Looking at the dates of the last play off matches (17th May) and the play off final (21st May), who ever gets to the final their ticket offices are going to have to be super efficient to distribute tickets within a three day period. I don't think the EFL have thought this through.

Might not be a problem if its Rotherham, MK Dons or Wickem  with their average crowds ok 6K but if it is Owls V Sunderland I can't see how 80,000 tickets are going to be distributed - I forecast big problems!!

The league one play off semi matches are to finish on 9th May!

6 hours ago, sage owl said:

Ah it's the unions fault  !.

Nothing to do with the incompetent thieves and scavengers who are in government then ?.

Partly the Unions yes & partly the indifference of the staff. So no, on this occasion absolutely not the govts fault, other than letting the passport office still continue to get away with their pathetic attitude.

The unions have strongly resisted the return to office working which had crippled the ability to work cohesively and as with all civil service unions, are fiercely resistant to any increase in change & productivity which the private sector take as par for the course.  

“Yes Sir / Madam, your ticket for Saturday will be sent out to you in 10 weeks time. We apologise but we didn’t anticipate this level of demand and 65% of our staff are still working from home”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest 1banana2banana
7 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe, just maybe and it’s only a thought, but possibly worth consideration.

One is a public sector, heavily unionised quango, where the £160,000 a year head of the sh*t show works from home, as do many of its employees who cannot communicate between each other because some have got their arses in the office, but most are still doing their ironing at home.  Possibly caused by Brexit but on reflection, No!!

The other is an accountable privately run football club staffed by people who care, have an interest in their customers and try their best to offer a good service under short notice difficult conditions. 

Go steady on here mate with those sensible views and opinions. 
quite a few on here have scargill tattoos and che Guevara t shirts. 

brexit and the tories caused all the problems they have 😄 

3 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Go steady on here mate with those sensible views and opinions. 
quite a few on here have scargill tattoos and che Guevara t shirts. 

brexit and the tories caused all the problems they have 😄 

No no not at all

The country's in fine shape - we've never had it as good and I'm loving what's happening - it's win win win at the moment

ps NO POLITICS

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No no not at all

The country's in fine shape - we've never had it as good and I'm loving what's happening - it's win win win at the moment

ps NO POLITICS

I’m right with you there Neil.

A right shambles. Normally when you vote Tory you get a low tax, low spend, keep more of your income government,

We’ve ended up with a cross between Gordon Brown, Denis Healey & Viv Nicholson (Spend spend spend).

Take our money off us & throw it around on good causes that don’t work. 

Could be worse I suppose, Brother Corbyn could have got in and passports wouldn’t be taking 10 weeks, they’d be banned altogether as every fuc****r would be trying to jump the country.

NO MORE POLITICS

Come on Wednesday.!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am currently becoming more worried day by day at the non-arrival of my renewed Passport prior to a forthcoming holiday.

It is symptomatic of a nation in dreadful decline

totally agree this country is a total mess , so many of my clients cant get a doctors appointment many are in tears there in that much pain etc ,airports complete chaos ,passports taking weeks , cant run anything properly bunch of clowns ...

but dont talk too soon regards ticket office ,im not sure how there going to sell playoff away leg next tues and get tickets by thurs , my postman can take upto 7 days to get mail to me ,absolutely no chance i would get sunderland away tickets which it will be if we both win on saturday .