In praise of the Ticket Office

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am currently becoming more worried day by day at the non-arrival of my renewed Passport prior to a forthcoming holiday.

It is symptomatic of a nation in dreadful decline along with sick Covid patients being discharged to Care Homes, an action that killed 20.000 people.

Some "Ring of Care" that was, Hancock!!!!

In contast I contacted the SWFC Ticket Office on Monday afternoon and managed to purchase three tickets on the Kop for Saturday.

I asked for these to be posted out and the tickets arrived first thing on Wednesday morning.  A fantastic service.

The SWFC Ticket Office team should imo be running the country.

I think you can track the passport renewal online now to see at what point it is at.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think you can track the passport renewal online now to see at what point it is at.

Or just have a general moan about how the country is being run !! #uto 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The Passport Office is not taking calls as they are too busy and the Tracking web site is down.

I am nor sure though if the UK Passport Office is willing to accept post sent by pigeon.

Once they find out the problem has been mentioned on owlstalk loyal you’ll be fine

• Haha 2

Maybe, just maybe and it’s only a thought, but possibly worth consideration.

One is a public sector, heavily unionised quango, where the £160,000 a year head of the sh*t show works from home, as do many of its employees who cannot communicate between each other because some have got their arses in the office, but most are still doing their ironing at home.  Possibly caused by Brexit but on reflection, No!!

The other is an accountable privately run football club staffed by people who care, have an interest in their customers and try their best to offer a good service under short notice difficult conditions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe, just maybe and it’s only a thought, but possibly worth consideration.

One is a public sector, heavily unionised quango, where the £160,000 a year head of the sh*t show works from home, as do many of its employees who cannot communicate between each other because some have got their arses in the office, but most are still doing their ironing at home.  Possibly caused by Brexit but on reflection, No!!

The other is an accountable privately run football club staffed by people who care, have an interest in their customers and try their best to offer a good service under short notice difficult conditions. 

Ah it's the unions fault  !.

Nothing to do with the incompetent thieves and scavengers who are in government then ?.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am currently becoming more worried day by day at the non-arrival of my renewed Passport prior to a forthcoming holiday.

It is symptomatic of a nation in dreadful decline along with sick Covid patients being discharged to Care Homes, an action that killed 20.000 people.

Some "Ring of Care" that was, Hancock!!!!

In contast I contacted the SWFC Ticket Office on Monday afternoon and managed to purchase three tickets on the Kop for Saturday.

I asked for these to be posted out and the tickets arrived first thing on Wednesday morning.  A fantastic service.

The SWFC Ticket Office team should imo be running the country.

Just to say, on balance,...I ordered my passport on evening of 11th April on-line and it arrived Tuesday 26th (period included two BH's as well). Wife's arrived a day earlier.

I had emails and Text messages to inform me of the progress.

I have not yet received back my old one, but as I do not have any active Visa's I don't care.

I’ve had several dealings with the Ticket Office and shop over the years and always found they go the extra mile to help. There was one occasion where I urgently needed a shirt as a present. I rang up enroute as I was concerned they would be closed by the time I got there. No probs, got one out for me and hung on until I arrived.

In comparison, was on holiday in Rome some years ago, about to spend £70 on a football shirt and was thrown out of the shop as they were closing for lunch ! Unbelievable Geoff.

Just been down 

Absolutely dead - only me in the ticket office and shop

Staff stood around waiting for the fans to collect tickets etc

Barriers up outside the ticket office for queuing

My advice is if anyone has a collect from ticket office - then go today and you'll save yourself aaaaages queuing on Saturday

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Been watching Wednesday over 50 years and had 1 or 2 problems along the way but always found the staff in the ticket office and shop extremely helpful

Similar here I've had loads of dealings with the ticket office and shop over the years, never found the staff in there to be anything other than great.