In praise of the Ticket Office

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe, just maybe and it’s only a thought, but possibly worth consideration.

One is a public sector, heavily unionised quango, where the £160,000 a year head of the sh*t show works from home, as do many of its employees who cannot communicate between each other because some have got their arses in the office, but most are still doing their ironing at home.  Possibly caused by Brexit but on reflection, No!!

The other is an accountable privately run football club staffed by people who care, have an interest in their customers and try their best to offer a good service under short notice difficult conditions. 

The first is heavily reliant on agency staff, who are on low wages, staff retention is poor.  Typical manoeuvre by the Government starve the department of funds and quality staffing and then accuse them of being useless and hive it off to their rich friends to make them even richer.

11 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am currently becoming more worried day by day at the non-arrival of my renewed Passport prior to a forthcoming holiday.

It is symptomatic of a nation in dreadful decline along with sick Covid patients being discharged to Care Homes, an action that killed 20.000 people.

Some "Ring of Care" that was, Hancock!!!!

In contast I contacted the SWFC Ticket Office on Monday afternoon and managed to purchase three tickets on the Kop for Saturday.

I asked for these to be posted out and the tickets arrived first thing on Wednesday morning.  A fantastic service.

The SWFC Ticket Office team should imo be running the country.

Aye, we should have blue and white striped leather seats in the Commons…thank god the ticket office folks aren’t working from home like the entire civil service (according to JR-M)