Abramovich to sell Chelsea.

18 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Just seen that Abramovich has announced he is to sell Chelsea. I accept  that he is not the only one  but I cant help feeling that if and when he does football will be that  little bit cleaner without him.

Absolutely...the chinese and saudis will make sure of that.

Just now, alanharper said:

He'll be selling to another billionaire though... 

Yeah but it could be another Glazers deal where the debt from buying the club goes against the club...   I would not have thought its the best of times to be selling a football club at the moment.. I mean the one thing its going for Chelsea is the location..  The land on the ground alone must be worth a fortune.

One thing he can’t sell though is the pitch.

Very few people will be aware that if Chelsea were to ever move to a new stadium they wouldn’t be able to use the name of Chelsea Football Club, unless 75% of the Chelsea Pitch Owners Association votes in favour.

11 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Hes willing to write off loans of £1.1bn. 

How can that be right. 

Surely that means everything at Chelsea has been bought for nowt. 

No not necessarily.

The club owes him £1.1bn. All the money came from his pocket and was given to Chelsea in terms of loans. Obviously he never expected to see those loans paid back.

47 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Just said on sky sports that all the net proceeds from the sale will go to Ukrainians who need help from the war. 

Don't think he said that did he.

He said "all" victims of the war. Crafty way of not upsetting his mate in the Kremlin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Don't think he said that did he.

He said "all" victims of the war. Crafty way of not upsetting his mate in the Kremlin.

That's correct, my mistake. It said all victims of the Ukrainian war.

1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

Just said on sky sports that all the net proceeds from the sale will go to Ukrainians who need help from the war. 

He said the money would go to victims of the war and given the company the guy keeps, I’m not sure that means Ukrainians will be getting it.

The government should just take the club off him and sell it on his behalf.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He said the money would go to victims of the war and given the company the guy keeps, I’m not sure that means Ukrainians will be getting it.

The government should just take the club off him and sell it on his behalf.

Well spotted TT, I was just about to post the same thing. You could argue he's a victim of the war himself.lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Well spotted TT, I was just about to post the same thing. You could argue he's a victim of the war himself.lol

And therefore, with that massive loophole, he takes all proceeds. Clever eh?!

• Haha 1