Heavy snow tomorrow for S6

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Learn something new everyday.

I thought Met Office and BBC were the same. 

I only use Met Office myself. 

i put on the met office hour by hour and the bbc there always totally different . sometimes the best forecast is either looking out of the window or putting on netweather radar its rather good as the washing comes in 5 mins before it pours . it amazes me some of these online weather companies come up with nonsense and get paid by papers like the express who say weather bomb hitting uk -15c 14 inches snow etc same rubbish every year . the best one was about 7-8 years ago i forget the name of the company but they were actually frauds it was 1 man on a computer creating false forecasts using yes russian/eastern european rent girls as there staff on the weather site .. paul hudson(bbc look north) actually put this story on his blog as few years ago. seriously this was a true story. he got found out and did a runner to what i remember. 

That may be the case for Rotherham, but for S6 the Met office forecast  for  tomorrow is for a mix of snow, snow and sleet showers from 8am through to midnight.

Won't risk our trip to Sainsbury's at Wadsley Bridge 'till Friday.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Don't you people in Sheffield have a local Weather Site?

I ask because the one thing that Buxton is superb about is weather Forecasting.

We have a Met Office recording station on the slopes i Buxton, but we also have a local 'Weather man' wiyh a excellent website -Buxton eater. Buxton is notable for having hills and many important road links. People travelling local main roads will phone in with up-to gate comments on road conditions, whilst the site has connectios to live weather cams on most of the major roads

People in Duxton and outlying areas use it all the time, AND IT'S ACCURATE.

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

There will be plenty of 'snow' in the pubs around Hillsborough corner on Saturday.

And you can guarantee anyone partaking will be telling anyone and everyone they can that they're doing it

Literally the dullest people in the world

Imagine if people who ate cheese sandwiches had the same approach "hey mate - I did loads of cheese sandwiches last Saturday" "I'm gonna do cheese sandwiches before the match this weekend. Love a bit of cheese sandwich me"

lol

BORE OFF YOU CRETINS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop