Grant McCann

He got Hull promoted with next to nothing. Right now it would do for me. 

I think we often are looking for that long term appointment when perhaps we should look at that in the Championship. Better chance of attracting better candidates. But, if he did the job there’s maybe no need. 
Right now, I’m perplexed at Moores what I’d call pig headedness and unwillingness to change what clearly isn’t working. 
Saturday was the final straw.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Got a decent pedigree but guess would have got a decent pay off from Hull so will probably take a couple of months off first before deciding which club next for him.

He was on a one year rolling contract at Hull, so not going to be a massive pay off.

He might be keen to 'get straight back on the horse'. 40% win rate in 300 games as a manager isn't too shabby.

Guest 123adam789
15 hours ago, morganowl said:

think its a joke to do with been poached from doncaster hence poached(rotten) egg . do you you prefer yours in the frying pan lol 

Got yer. Brains been a little scrambled of late not taking it all in. 

Bearing in mind McCann’s cv and the fact that he seems able to make his teams with a hard, rather than soft underbelly, ( he was a tough uncompromising player always giving 100%), I think that this would be a good appointment for us.

Teams tend to play and emulate the characters of their Managers.

It’s a yes from me - as soon as possible.

• Like 1

he'd get you out of league 1 automatically if not champions. but without investment he is no tactical genius at championship level. 

he never got any serious backing from the owner but appeared to be finally cutting his teeth at this level (championship)  last half of this season so far with a good run. its a bit harsh the sack after beating the 2nd and 3rd placed teams last 2 games but the owner didnt want to wait until he had a bad spell to have an excuse to sack him. he had identified his manager before he bought the club.

will be interesting to see how grant gets on for the rest of his career.

• Thanks 1