New Captain?

I’ve said this for a while now and it’s not a knee jerk reaction from tonight. When we lose heavily it tends to be when Bannan has a poor game.

When the chips are down then you need a leader. I’ve never thought of Bannan as that individual. Can’t see it being taken away from him now but surely if we are to succeed we need a new leader on the pitch.

Also a settled side and formation wouldn’t go amiss but that’s down to Moore.

• Like 8

We've had same shocking captins of late.

Lee's, lead by example, only problem was his example towards the end was a bad example.

Bannan spent years barrating his team mates on the pitch. The amount of abuse he used to give fox and others didn't scream leader material. He still does this quite often, yes sometimes it warranted but he hardly encourages players.

Not sure what the solution is, Palmer would be a good choice for me.

But Captain is the last of our worries at the moment.

• Like 2

It’s one of those things that might make a tiny bit of a difference but the boat already feels like it’s capsizing so I wouldn’t rock it further right now. Swapping captain mid season would be very difficult to do without looking like a huge vote of no confidence. Even if people feel Bannan isnt really the man for the job, taking it away now would very likely make his performance level drop further. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

We've had same shocking captins of late.

Lee's, lead by example, only problem was his example towards the end was a bad example.

Bannan spent years barrating his team mates on the pitch. The amount of abuse he used to give fox and others didn't scream leader material. He still does this quite often, yes sometimes it warranted but he hardly encourages players.

Not sure what the solution is, Palmer would be a good choice for me.

But Captain is the last of our worries at the moment.

Lees was always a good player for us tbf!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Agreed, just towards the end the mistakes made his captency A little pointless

I wouldn’t agree - I still thought he was a solid Champ player. Injuries were creeping in though and whether he was ideal captain material other than by example is another question. Big fan of the guy though - could do with him now!!

Bannan’s place in the side has to come into question now if Luongo and Byers are available on Saturday.

I know there’ll be Bannan fans on here that pull out some stats to prove how great he is but he’s not having a very good season in my view.

Even though he got the assist I thought he was poor at the weekend for all the ball he had. It sounds like he was poor again tonight and some of the best results this season have come when he hasn’t played.

It may have been better for both parties if he’d left at the end of last season. I think he could still have been an asset for a lot of championship sides but it’s gone a bit stale with him at Wednesday 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Toro said:

I’ve said this for a while now and it’s not a knee jerk reaction from tonight. When we lose heavily it tends to be when Bannan has a poor game.

When the chips are down then you need a leader. I’ve never thought of Bannan as that individual. Can’t see it being taken away from him now but surely if we are to succeed we need a new leader on the pitch.

Doesn't that say a lot about our other players?

Every player has bad games. Why can't we cope when Bann0n has one? 

Guest Derby owl
6 hours ago, El Toro said:

If he stays fit got to be dunkley!