New Captain?

I’ve often looked at Bannan when we’ve gone a goal down. He’s either giving someone a gob full or simply walking back head down. You hardly ever see him trying to galvanise by either clapping  or encouraging his team mates. 

A good leader doesn’t always need to shout. There are ways of encouraging people without that. 

He isn’t a leader in my book. 

• Like 3

Think people are assuming taking captaincy off Bannan will improve things, giving it to say Dunkley...

Dunkley is still in that dressing room  right now, playing and able to air his views and be a leader in the dressing room. 

It's far far deeper than this.

Seems pretty clear that Bannan is not suited to the physicality of League 1and looks a poorer player at this level than the one above.

Conversely Dunkley looks well suited to League 1 and looks a better player at this level. Rest Bannan for a couple of games and give the captaincy to Dunkley, see how it works out.  
Does Mr Niceguy Moore have the balls to do it? I very much doubt it.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, marshy said:

I’ve often looked at Bannan when we’ve gone a goal down. He’s either giving someone a gob full or simply walking back head down. You hardly ever see him trying to galvanise by either clapping  or encouraging his team mates. 

A good leader doesn’t always need to shout. There are ways of encouraging people without that. 

He isn’t a leader in my book. 

Unless you have access to the training ground, changing room and have great hearing to be able to make out what he's saying on the pitch, I'm not sure how you'd know?!

Galvanise by clapping? Is that like Jordan Rhodes encouraging by a cheeky thumbs up?

43 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Unless you have access to the training ground, changing room and have great hearing to be able to make out what he's saying on the pitch, I'm not sure how you'd know?!

Galvanise by clapping? Is that like Jordan Rhodes encouraging by a cheeky thumbs up?

I agree that we don’t really know what goes on behind the scenes however there have been many times where Bannan has berated other players with unwarranted outbursts. For me he’s never really shown that he has the right attributes to be club captain.

I echo many on here that Palmer or Dunkley should have been made captain after Lees. Both of them have strong professional attitudes and I imagine are seen by many as natural positive role models for younger players to look up to. 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 11:44, Mosborough-owl said:

He was except from a couple of months where he looked like bambi on ice, and give away a few goals down to his individual mistakes. 

on the whole tho, he was a decent no nonsense CB 

I thought he was always pretty solid - most consistent player by a mile in a dismal season last year.

On 17/11/2021 at 00:27, El Toro said:

When we lose heavily it tends to be when Bannan has a poor game.

weve played 22 games and lost heavily twice against probably the best side in the division ......whether it would have been different with someone like dunkley as captain i couldnt really say but i doubt very much it would . 

On Tuesday night, second half Bannan hit a poor through ball which was meant for Kamberi. Easily intercepted by a Plymouth defender and Bannan spent the next minute having a go at Kamberi. Don’t know whether it was for poor movement off the ball or what. Maybe Kamberi had said something about the quality of the pass. Whatever, Bannan made a mistake and balled him out for it at length.  Not great leadership, chuntering away whilst Plymouth launched another attack. 

He doesn’t look Captain material to me and maybe the pressure gets to him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I thought he was always pretty solid - most consistent player by a mile in a dismal season last year.

Overall he was pretty consistent, but I’m sure he went thou a sticky patch where he made a few clangers. I’m sure one was a game we got spanked by derby at home by dwelling on the ball. 

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

weve played 22 games and lost heavily twice against probably the best side in the division ......whether it would have been different with someone like dunkley as captain i couldnt really say but i doubt very much it would . 

Still don’t rate him as a galvanising Captain.