Theo Corbeanu could be off due to not getting games

Here's what Darren Moore has said today:

He has not featured more because of timing and players that have been ahead of him.

We brought him in and he is making that transition of playing on the front line.

He will play football for us.

We have been doing some incredible work with him.

The transition from academy football to first team football is very different.

It's more physical at first team level.

He is learning. He is a wonderful young player and he is certainly developing.

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So basically he won’t be playing tomorrow. Players ahead of him. fizz me. Just awful from Moore. 

Moore bulls***, getting used to it.

Oh it will be a wonderful game tomorrow, according to Darren, so let's see if we adopt an attacking mindset. More than likely we will  continue to pass around at the back instead of using the likes of TC for a fast counter-attack. 

6 hours ago, Robdylan said:

Good post.  But calling for him to start isn’t odd. Not when you consider that we’re scraping by teams and are one of the lowest scoring teams in the entire league. 

It's not so much calling for him to start that's odd, it's the building him up that it's a guarantee to change the whole way in which we play, I've just seen tweet saying something along those lines and it's not first regarding this topic.

I don't want this to sound like an attack on the lad, I just think there's a lot of hopes being pinned on him without much substance to back it up.

9 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

They are attempted.

Wednesday are 6th in the league for crosses, averaging at 20 per game. The league average is 18.

We're on 4.7 accurate crosses per game, that's 9th in the league.

My point is that he was getting as much service as any during those games, but not getting to the crosses or not taking the chances that come.

Crosses and attempted crosses are two completely different things.  

We could attempt 20 crosses in a game, but literally only a few of them may be of quality which get put into the right place at the right time. 

So what’s the point in quoting them?

Again, I’ve been to matches where we’ve only put in a handful of quality crosses. 

Gregory hasn’t been supplied with great service, and neither have the other forwards. 

89 attempted crosses is such a meaningless statistic. 

Only a handful of them will have been like Hunt’s for Gregory and Johnson’s for Patterson. 

4 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's not so much calling for him to start that's odd, it's the building him up that it's a guarantee to change the whole way in which we play, I've just seen tweet saying something along those lines and it's not first regarding this topic.

I don't want this to sound like an attack on the lad, I just think there's a lot of hopes being pinned on him without much substance to back it up.

Fair enough. 

Nothing is guaranteed. 

People are rightly getting frustrated. 

I would definitely start him at home, in either a 442 or a 433. 

It’s going to be hard to go up when we’re the 4th lowest scorers in the entire division. 

9 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Crosses and attempted crosses are two completely different things.  

We could attempt 20 crosses in a game, but literally only a few of them may be of quality which get put into the right place at the right time. 

So what’s the point in quoting them?

Again, I’ve been to matches where we’ve only put in a handful of quality crosses. 

Gregory hasn’t been supplied with great service, and neither have the other forwards. 

89 attempted crosses is such a meaningless statistic. 

Only a handful of them will have been like Hunt’s for Gregory and Johnson’s for Patterson. 

It's still above league average, even for completed crosses.

Unfortunately there's no stat for just missed crosses. 

The 7 shots were all shots from crosses or otherwise.

We had 11 shots v Plymouth, Shodipo 2, Corbeanu 2 and Wing 4. He had none. All these are players who apparently aren't good enough. Iorfa, Palmer and Hutchinson all defenders, all managed to get a shot off in that game.

At what point do you stop blaming the service and blame the player for not getting into the positions, that's his job after all.

48 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

Fair enough. 

Nothing is guaranteed. 

People are rightly getting frustrated. 

I would definitely start him at home, in either a 442 or a 433. 

It’s going to be hard to go up when we’re the 4th lowest scorers in the entire division. 

Indeed and some of us never had us down as a side that would challenge.

I'd be happy to see the lad start tomorrow but that can go for 5 or 6 who haven't played regularly to be fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's still above league average, even for completed crosses.

Unfortunately there's no stat for just missed crosses. 

The 7 shots were all shots from crosses or otherwise.

We had 11 shots v Plymouth, Shodipo 2, Corbeanu 2 and Wing 4. He had none. All these are players who apparently aren't good enough. Iorfa, Palmer and Hutchinson all defenders, all managed to get a shot off in that game.

At what point do you stop blaming the service and blame the player for not getting into the positions, that's his job after all.

You don’t even know if they’re missed crosses.

Not unless you went to every game, recorded them and then analysed them all afterwards. 

Defenders and goal keepers intercepting them aren’t even classed as missed opportunities. 

There’s no issue with Gregory whatsoever. 

The only issue is with Darren Moore, with his baffling tactics and decision making. 

That’s the reason why we’re the fourth lowest scorers out of 24 teams. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's what Darren Moore has said today:

He has not featured more because of timing and players that have been ahead of him.

We brought him in and he is making that transition of playing on the front line.

He will play football for us.

We have been doing some incredible work with him.

The transition from academy football to first team football is very different.

It's more physical at first team level.

He is learning. He is a wonderful young player and he is certainly developing.

Another "wonderful" player.

So "wonderful" he's started two Papa John games all season.

All this crap about him making the transition to being able to start in the first team is utter nonsense.

He is either good enough to be playing in the first team or not. He's on a season long loan and will be going back to Wolves next summer. This is not one of our own young prospects where you've got more time to see if he's up to it or not. It's just excuses imo.

I'm sorry, but Moore is talking rubbish here or he's signed someone that he doesn't fancy. Probably both.

12 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

You don’t even know if they’re missed crosses.

Not unless you went to every game, recorded them and then analysed them all afterwards. 

Defenders and goal keepers intercepting them aren’t even classed as missed opportunities. 

There’s no issue with Gregory whatsoever. 

The only issue is with Darren Moore, with his baffling tactics and decision making. 

That’s the reason why we’re the fourth lowest scorers out of 24 teams. 

That's my point, if a striker misses a perfectly good cross or pass, that he would reasonably expected to get to, it gets put down as an incomplete pass, not a slow striker.

I have looked at all of the games again, and he struggled with the 4231.

I don't see how the one player who's been constant in the fourth lowest scorers in the league, has absolutely nothing to do with it. All I ever see is how it's everyone else's fault.

15 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

That's my point, if a striker misses a perfectly good cross or pass, that he would reasonably expected to get to, it gets put down as an incomplete pass, not a slow striker.

I have looked at all of the games again, and he struggled with the 4231.

I don't see how the one player who's been constant in the fourth lowest scorers in the league, has absolutely nothing to do with it. All I ever see is how it's everyone else's fault.

You started out by saying that we had produced 89 crosses. Yet when you look into it, it isn’t anywhere near that number. 

If a defender intercepts a cross or a keeper comes and claims it etc, then that is nothing to do with the striker being at fault. 

I’m not going to get into it with you regarding Gregory. 

The issue lays solely with Moore. 

It wouldn’t matter if Gregory never played another game this season. We have a guy in charge who lets the team try and play out from the back, a guy who plays players out of position, and a guy who thinks it’s a great idea to play with WB’s at home. 

Gregory isn’t the issue. 

Moore is the issue. 

• Like 1

Needs to start tomorrow.  

I like the player.  I know Moore doesn't play him due to his weaknesses when defending.  

The way I see it, attack is the best form of defence.    We need creativity out on the wings, Corbeanu fits the bill.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

You started out by saying that we had produced 89 crosses. Yet when you look into it, it isn’t anywhere near that number. 

If a defender intercepts a cross or a keeper comes and claims it etc, then that is nothing to do with the striker being at fault. 

I’m not going to get into it with you regarding Gregory. 

The issue lays solely with Moore. 

It wouldn’t matter if Gregory never played another game this season. We have a guy in charge who lets the team try and play out from the back, a guy who plays players out of position, and a guy who thinks it’s a great idea to play with WB’s at home. 

Gregory isn’t the issue. 

Moore is the issue. 

If we are producing so many crosses surely we don’t need Corbineau 

lol

• Haha 1