Even more great news from SWFC - boxes almost sold out

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

But let's not pretend he wasn't arseing around not paying the players in a fit of pique over them getting him relegated literally a month ago, and was putting out passive aggressive statements about how everything was everyone's fault but his about a fortnight ago.  Or that we are not still one patented Chansiri self-destructive episode away from a 6 point deduction.

This right here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

But let's not pretend he wasn't arseing around not paying the players in a fit of pique over them getting him relegated literally a month ago, and was putting out passive aggressive statements about how everything was everyone's fault but his about a fortnight ago.  Or that we are not still one patented Chansiri self-destructive episode away from a 6 point deduction.

This right here.

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How much do you reckon for this season?  Isn't it a lot of effort for 200 grand?  Genuine question no idea if that's a good return or not.

£200k is AFTER all the effort. Its the profit, after theyve paid the wages of the staff, and the suppliers of the food, and all the other associated costs.

And literally just on the boxes.

And for the last 5 years that on boxes alone is £1m in straight revenue.

So no, its not a crap return

23 hours ago, vulva said:

Because the importance and value of each game may change as the season progresses. Makes sense to me, and prices will be aligned to demand. Commercially sensible. 

When you are purchasing corporate hospitality, you want to invite your guests months ahead to make sure it’s not wasted.

This pricing approach will likely make that difficult. Unless they’ve decided on the prices months ahead, in which case just announce them.

43 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I just don't agree for the reason I've already said  

200k profit from a business within a business over 9 months, from c25 events, from your wealthiest clients. I don’t see the point personally. 

Guest Grandad
27 minutes ago, vulva said:

200k profit from a business within a business over 9 months, from c25 events, from your wealthiest clients. I don’t see the point personally. 

Hark at Rockefeller

Guest Grandad

A business that makes £200k profit - within a business thats been sustaining £25m plus losses.

Make the same profit from the other hospitality - and maybe another £500k profit from sponsorship and thats £1m a season profit

23 hours ago, Plonk said:

Well, a lot of the positive stuff coming out of the club seems to have happened since he took up his post?

We can only speculate on wether DC has seen the error of his ways, Dooley has taken the job on the basis he can make decisions, or the owlsman has finally seduced DBowl, into nicking her husbands wallet to start to Hillsborough revolution.

I’m banned from being able to talk about inward investments and advisors or Connor Wickhams return so I won’t say a word.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

A business that makes £200k profit - within a business thats been sustaining £25m plus losses.

Make the same profit from the other hospitality - and maybe another £500k profit from sponsorship and thats £1m a season profit

Also, being as many of the box holders (and their guests) will/could be minted - there is possible additional spend on sponsorship throughout the club from player sponsorship and advertising boards, to programme/matchday and Club Wednesday opportunities. Also many of the guests may have no interest in football or Wednesday (insert your own jokes here), so it is money coming in that never otherwise would have.

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hark at Rockefeller

My point is, the return for the effort is poor, and if those figures are correct, which I actually doubt, then I can see why DC raised the prices and also took the view just to buy the boxes himself, which would allow him to add more money into the club. 

Happy to draw you a graph if needed.  

Anyway, looking forward to the match on Saturday. Nice day, great to be back.