Even more great news from SWFC - boxes almost sold out

27 minutes ago, Grandad said:

he absolutely wasn't right at all.

But I'm interested to hear your view on this. Be specific.

Got to laugh. Not a great earner with all the boxes sold at £30k, so ramps the prices up to the extent that no one renews and you make 0 lol 

Im glad the club has finally seen sense and has sought to build bridges with the SWFC supporters the chairman brainlessly shat on, but let’s not pretend that it was anything other than totally stupid to begin with. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

How many has Chansiri bought himself tho as a way of funneling funds into the club? 

Something similar was suggested to me a while ago. Chansiri upped the price of the boxes so he could ‘buy’ then as a means of injecting cash into the club. It does seem quite logical from a business sense as it would be mean extra income for the club without incurring the catering costs. 100% profit.

I’m not saying that pricing fans out of the boxes was/is the right thing to do but, if he was doing as suggested, then I can see why he did it.

All that said, it may have been a load of rubbish & he may not have purchased a single one 😂

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Something similar was suggested to me a while ago. Chansiri upped the price of the boxes so he could ‘buy’ then as a means of injecting cash into the club. It does seem quite logical from a business sense as it would be mean extra income for the club without incurring the catering costs. 100% profit.

I’m not saying that pricing fans out of the boxes was/is the right thing to do but, if he was doing as suggested, then I can see why he did it.

All that said, it may have been a load of rubbish & he may not have purchased a single one 😂

As far as I'm aware - he purchased 2 (and knocked them together) in the centre of the stand.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is quite an incredible achievement considering how it’s been in recent years with a standoff between the chairman and the former box holders

Someone at the club has done a top job here and must have been giving assurances that the prices will be more realistic and the chairman won’t be in the picture 

It will have took some real work to get these sold 

Well done SWFC and the team responsible this is brilliant 

I think that is quite an incredible achievement given the fact that a lot of local businesses, and national of course, have struggled financially due to Covid. To see such an uptake hopefully means these businesses have survived and will continue to provide employment in the local region.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Thing is, the cost of the boxes is mostly fixed and the incremental cost of servicing an additional box wouldn’t be  high eg. The stewards, kitchen staff, cleaning staff would already be there. Maybe need an extra one or two. So it should really be a case of maximising revenue from them. 28x£27k makes a hell of a lot more sense than say 10x£40k.

My guess is that whatever genius (read DC) was doing the calculations before, included fixed and sunk overheads in his calculations which is why he declared a loss.

Finally, someone with commercial sense has appeared and recognised its all about the incremental revenue with negligible incremental cost.

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Thing is, the cost of the boxes is mostly fixed and the incremental cost of servicing an additional box wouldn’t be  high eg. The stewards, kitchen staff, cleaning staff would already be there. Maybe need an extra one or two. So it should really be a case of maximising revenue from them. 28x£27k makes a hell of a lot more sense than say 10x£40k.

My guess is that whatever genius (read DC) was doing the calculations before, included fixed and sunk overheads in his calculations which is why he declared a loss.

Finally, someone with commercial sense has appeared and recognised its all about the incremental revenue with negligible incremental cost.

I wonder whether anyone with any common sense will be working at the Megastore at the week end. For the first home game of the season to have this season kits available to buy seems like something you would expect of any professional football club in the world.

But I suspect we still won't have any available which seems strange as we are not knitting them ourselves anymore and have a company that makes them for a living making them.

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I think that is quite an incredible achievement given the fact that a lot of local businesses, and national of course, have struggled financially due to Covid. To see such an uptake hopefully means these businesses have survived and will continue to provide employment in the local region.

Its also an incredible demonstration of the support our club can count on from the local business community - when it feels that its support is appreciated and not taken for granted.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its also an incredible demonstration of the support our club can count on from the local business community - when it feels that its support is appreciated and not taken for granted.

Absolutely. And shame on all those who were sycophantically siding with the chairman and slagging off the “10 Bob millionaires”. Funny how now we’re back in the pub league and money is tight that opinions have changed and we are begging them to come back. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, room0035 said:

An article from 2016 about the price of the executive boxes back then they were £35,000 + vat or £42,000 to me and you, in the article at the time it was said selling the boxes at-

“If, for example, we sold the boxes at £20,000, we would be making a loss so it would be better not to open them as they would be costing us money.

“Why would you do something that is going to cost you money?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-championship-clubs-will-increase-their-matchday-prices-combat-financial-fair-play-warns-owls-chief-joe-palmer-451656

So in 2015 selling the boxes at £20,000 would have meant the club making a loss, but 6 years later they can now make a profit at £22,500 + vat. Is it possible that the information they used why the boxes prices increase and subsequently no business bought a box was possible not true.

It depends on how you define profit. You can look at all in cost, that's the cost including all matchday expenses and a proportion of the cost of building the boxes in the first place. On the other hand you can consider just the match day costs on the basis that you have already paid for the cost of building the boxes (sunk cost). The theory is if you have gone to all the expense of building the boxes you might as well get some return off them rather than nothing.

You can make either arguement and be right. It's fantastic what you can prove with figures. You can prove both sides are right...and wrong at the same time.

If Chansiri was buying all the boxes at 40k a pop as a way of putting money into the club and he has now decided to cut his investment then perhaps he's realised that making them more sensibly priced is better than them sitting empty. Or is that me just being cynical?

1 minute ago, prowl said:

It depends on how you define profit. You can look at all in cost, that's the cost including all matchday expenses and a proportion of the cost of building the boxes in the first place. On the other hand you can consider just the match day costs on the basis that you have already paid for the cost of building the boxes (sunk cost). The theory is if you have gone to all the expense of building the boxes you might as well get some return off them rather than nothing.

You can make either arguement and be right. It's fantastic what you can prove with figures. You can prove both sides are right...and wrong at the same time.

No the cost of the box each season is what does the electric cost and what does it cost to run it, so staff costs, food and drink and thats about it.

If the club has no boxes used and pays £2,000 a month in electric but when it is using all the boxes it pays £2,500 a month then the cost of the boxes per month is £500.

They should be able to make probably at least 50% profit selling the boxes at £22,500 each year and this is based on the quality of the food and drink being what you expect in a top restaurant. Not sure the pie and peas approach will work for a corporate entity. Its a good idea if you are down at the dog track though. lol