Even more great news from SWFC - boxes almost sold out

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is it just me that thinks that it should be pointed out that when you buy a box you don't just buy a box

Every game you and your guests spend money at the ground and on drinks too don't they?

that isn't the only pay off =  integration with the local business community and ripples outward, creates goodwill and a connection that's been strained for years to the point of distrust and boycott. It's hard to quantify this connection but the Football club is part of the community, if said community feels disenfranchised you have a problem 

these are baby steps but good steps to restoring that connection 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest T Hardy
51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is it just me that thinks that it should be pointed out that when you buy a box you don't just buy a box

Every game you and your guests spend money at the ground and on drinks too don't they?

If we’re doing what other clubs do drinks/food are included when you have a box

But actually just looked again and it only mentions a two course meal not drinks.. you probably have to pay for them extra you’re right 

Edited by T Hardy

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, vulva said:

My point is, the return for the effort is poor, and if those figures are correct, which I actually doubt, then I can see why DC raised the prices and also took the view just to buy the boxes himself, which would allow him to add more money into the club. 

Happy to draw you a graph if needed.  

Anyway, looking forward to the match on Saturday. Nice day, great to be back. 

He didnt buy the boxes himself.

Another myth

Guest Grandad
57 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

If we’re doing what other clubs do drinks/food are included when you have a box

But actually just looked again and it only mentions a two course meal not drinks.. you probably have to pay for them extra you’re right 

You do have to pay for drinks, yes.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

that isn't the only pay off =  integration with the local business community and ripples outward, creates goodwill and a connection that's been strained for years to the point of distrust and boycott. It's hard to quantify this connection but the Football club is part of the community, if said community feels disenfranchised you have a problem 

these are baby steps but good steps to restoring that connection 

Its no coincidence that with the Chairmans disappearance into the background - the local businesses have started to return

On 10/08/2021 at 07:11, @owlstalk said:

This is quite an incredible achievement considering how it’s been in recent years with a standoff between the chairman and the former box holders

Someone at the club has done a top job here and must have been giving assurances that the prices will be more realistic and the chairman won’t be in the picture 

It will have took some real work to get these sold 

Well done SWFC and the team responsible this is brilliant 

Somethings happened hasn't it ?
It's a seismic shift

All we ever wanted was a real club back, we can rebuild if it has the roots.

• Like 1