Even more great news from SWFC - boxes almost sold out

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Is this the new C.C.O?.

Well, a lot of the positive stuff coming out of the club seems to have happened since he took up his post?

We can only speculate on wether DC has seen the error of his ways, Dooley has taken the job on the basis he can make decisions, or the owlsman has finally seduced DBowl, into nicking her husbands wallet to start to Hillsborough revolution.

I loved this....

Dooleys remains our premium pre-match fine dining experience. Guests enjoy a five-course meal plus post-match pies with signature Henderson’s relish and gravy!

I'm a great fan of Hendo's, always have been but it's not exactly what you would expect at ' a 5* Michelin restaurant.

If  I've just had a 5 course meal I think a pie is the last thing I'd want.

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

How does the pricing compare to previous seasons?

Its about £18k a box less.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

So you are saying that because the club are no longer charging £40,000 for a second division box and dropped their price to £27,000 then have been able to sell the boxes.

But how is this possible when DC himself told us all a few years ago at these prices we are losing money.

Because that wasn't true at all.

12 minutes ago, prowl said:

I loved this....

Dooleys remains our premium pre-match fine dining experience. Guests enjoy a five-course meal plus post-match pies with signature Henderson’s relish and gravy!

I'm a great fan of Hendo's, always have been but it's not exactly what you would expect at ' a 5* Michelin restaurant.

If  I've just had a 5 course meal I think a pie is the last thing I'd want.

James Martin used Hendos in his programme the other week. I think the pie is just a nod to the typical football match food of the masses. 🙂

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Never understood the pie at full time idea - basically just a couple of hours after a 3 course meal in a box.

To put a pie in front of people who have just had a 5 course meal 2 hours previously is even more bizarre

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

How does the pricing compare to previous seasons?

Never mind the pricing have a look at the margins and the bottom line. Chansiri was correct in asserting that the corporate customer was not a great earner for a club outside the top flight. 

Never the less pat on the back for making it happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Never understood the pie at full time idea - basically just a couple of hours after a 3 course meal in a box.

To put a pie in front of people who have just had a 5 course meal 2 hours previously is even more bizarre

I 5hink eating at football is a bit strange tbh..I spent the full day in London on satday and didn’t feel the need to be eating 🥴

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Never mind the pricing have a look at the margins and the bottom line. Chansiri was correct in asserting that the corporate customer was not a great earner for a club outside the top flight. 

Never the less pat on the back for making it happen.

he absolutely wasn't right at all.

But I'm interested to hear your view on this. Be specific.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is quite an incredible achievement considering how it’s been in recent years with a standoff between the chairman and the former box holders

Someone at the club has done a top job here and must have been giving assurances that the prices will be more realistic and the chairman won’t be in the picture 

It will have took some real work to get these sold 

Well done SWFC and the team responsible this is brilliant 

How many has Chansiri bought himself tho as a way of funneling funds into the club? 

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its about £18k a box less.

Because that wasn't true at all.

An article from 2016 about the price of the executive boxes back then they were £35,000 + vat or £42,000 to me and you, in the article at the time it was said selling the boxes at-

“If, for example, we sold the boxes at £20,000, we would be making a loss so it would be better not to open them as they would be costing us money.

“Why would you do something that is going to cost you money?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-championship-clubs-will-increase-their-matchday-prices-combat-financial-fair-play-warns-owls-chief-joe-palmer-451656

So in 2015 selling the boxes at £20,000 would have meant the club making a loss, but 6 years later they can now make a profit at £22,500 + vat. Is it possible that the information they used why the boxes prices increase and subsequently no business bought a box was possible not true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

How many has Chansiri bought himself tho as a way of funneling funds into the club? 

Chansiri could have done this for the last 5 years and given the boxes to local charities, it would have been a great PR stunt and how can the power that be say its just the club trying to get money into the club

We have 28 executive boxes at £27,000 a box thats £756,000 a season that DC could have been putting into the club.

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Let me put the ball in your court and explain how the corporate custome was a great earner for a club outside the top flight.  

Let me push that right back to you and say - you made the statement - so lets hear it

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

An article from 2016 about the price of the executive boxes back then they were £35,000 + vat or £42,000 to me and you, in the article at the time it was said selling the boxes at-

“If, for example, we sold the boxes at £20,000, we would be making a loss so it would be better not to open them as they would be costing us money.

“Why would you do something that is going to cost you money?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-championship-clubs-will-increase-their-matchday-prices-combat-financial-fair-play-warns-owls-chief-joe-palmer-451656

So in 2015 selling the boxes at £20,000 would have meant the club making a loss, but 6 years later they can now make a profit at £22,500 + vat. Is it possible that the information they used why the boxes prices increase and subsequently no business bought a box was possible not true.

I'm telling you now that all of that article was complete b*****ks.

The club were making a significant profit at £23k (the old price before they were nearly doubled and everybody left)

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm telling you now that all of that article was complete b*****ks.

The club were making a significant profit at £23k (the old price before they were nearly doubled and everybody left)

I am not doubting they were making a decent profit but what is fact is they were charging in excess of £40,000 a year for boxes and the excuse for the price was they could not make any profit at the original price.

The firm I used to work for had a box at Hillsborough for the directors and customers I know when they were only charge £17,500 in the Milan days they were making money at those prices, so the clubs excuse for the price hike was total rubbish but I didn't say they were not making money. I just quoted the clubs excuse for the price increase

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am not doubting they were making a decent profit but what is fact is they were charging in excess of £40,000 a year for boxes and the excuse for the price was they could not make any profit at the original price.

The firm I used to work for had a box at Hillsborough for the directors and customers I know when they were only charge £17,500 in the Milan days they were making money at those prices, so the clubs excuse for the price hike was total rubbish but I didn't say they were not making money. I just quoted the clubs excuse for the price increase

I wasnt saying you were talking b****ks

I was saying the club was.

They were