Dejphon Chansiri indicates major change in financial direction for Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Grandad

The quotes about the fans appear to be from December last year? Doesn't make them right (far from it), but I don't think this is a recent rant by old Mr C. 

As for making us self sustainable. 

I mean, that's all well and good, but perhaps we should have adopted this approach before spending 200 million or whatever it was and getting relegated to League One? 

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Ordinarily a club being self sufficient is sensible but we are talking about an owner here who has left key decisions at the club to his kid. Carlos Carvalhal himself said that Att Chansiri had the final say on his appointment as manager!

Being self sufficient would be difficult in the current climate with Milan Mandaric at the helm, with Dejphon Chansiri it’ll be a disaster.

I get the whole being excited about the new season talk but fans need to look at the bigger picture here. Under this clown we’ve suffered our first ever points deduction (which resulted in our relegation), we have been placed under multiply embargo’s, we have seen thousands of fans priced out of attending matches and we no longer own Hillsborough.

Fans carrying on handing over their hard earned cash to this guy will be taken as a green light for him to carry on regardless. I don’t want to stop watching Wednesday, I’ve been attending matches since 1992 but I cannot just sit back and watch while this idiot runs our club into the ground.

We have gone backwards as a club on his watch and spent millions doing it, do you really trust this guy to run us in a self sustainable manner??

100% this

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SiJ said:

The quotes about the fans appear to be from December last year? Doesn't make them right (far from it), but I don't think this is a recent rant by old Mr C. 

As for making us self sustainable. 

I mean, that's all well and good, but perhaps we should have adopted this approach before spending 200 million or whatever it was and getting relegated to League One? 

The thing is if he wants us to be sustainable in League One, he and we as fans might have to accept that League One is our level. 

To get out of this league the pulling power a club like Wednesday usually has in terms of wages and stature will get you out of the league in 2/3 seasons. If he’s not going to spend and our recruitment remains as poor as it has been since Chansiri arrived - then we will be stuck at this level for quite a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is if he wants us to be sustainable in League One, he and we as fans might have to accept that League One is our level. 

To get out of this league the pulling power a club like Wednesday usually has in terms of wages and stature will get you out of the league in 2/3 seasons. If he’s not going to spend and our recruitment remains as poor as it has been since Chansiri arrived - then we will be stuck at this level for quite a while.

We're allowed to spend 75% of turnover, 60% after the first year. Our crowds and corporate income should be way above most clubs so we will be able to spend more - sustainably - to get out of Div 3. 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We're allowed to spend 75% of turnover, 60% after the first year. Our crowds and corporate income should be way above most clubs so we will be able to spend more - sustainably - to get out of Div 3. 

And owners can donate money. If Chansiri is as wealthy as he pretends to be, a donation followed by shrewd (I know that's a word not often associated with our owner) modest investment, particularly in the current climate could pick up quality players fairly cheaply.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

And owners can donate money. If Chansiri is as wealthy as he pretends to be, a donation followed by shrewd (I know that's a word not often associated with our owner) modest investment, particularly in the current climate could pick up quality players fairly cheaply.

We have a continual problem going back before the Pandemic paying the wages so Chansiri is perhaps not as wealthy as he likes to pretend.

• Like 1

He’s not saying anything a football fan doesn’t already know and why does he talk to us like we are simpletons? 
The days are gone where a big fat check book bought your way to the top of the football tier without proper structure and planning. It’s harder and harder and the likes of Brentford show this can be done. Has Mr Chansari just woken up ??

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We have a continual problem going back before the Pandemic paying the wages so Chansiri is perhaps not as wealthy as he likes to pretend.

Probably not. I was in the fans forum when he was giving it the big un' about money not being a problem for him. Seems he's found his credit limit after the many millions he has wasted, using sustainability and covid (while I don't disagree with being sustainable at all) as an excuse.

Shame really, a couple of million donated, a fraction of what he wasted on Abdi, for example, would make the world of difference to this squad, in this league, in the current financial climate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

He’s not saying anything a football fan doesn’t already know and why does he talk to us like we are simpletons? 
The days are gone where a big fat check book bought your way to the top of the football tier without proper structure and planning. It’s harder and harder and the likes of Brentford show this can be done. Has Mr Chansari just woken up ??

Not a chance.

I reckon he would do everything exactly the same all over again if he had the opportunity.

He hasn't learned a thing.

• Like 2