Dejphon Chansiri indicates major change in financial direction for Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Grandad

Things won't get better under the current ownership regardless of who the manager is, so it might as well be Moore, who at least seems like a nice guy.  So we might as well 'back him', for what it's worth.

The main weapon we have now is to keep the pressure on for better football regulation and legislation to push irresponsible wealthy dilettantes like Chansiri out of the English game. 

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come. Just excitement at the signing of Will Buckley to add to the already bloated number of strikers at the club. 

Or 6 month later, overwhelming joy and support of DC when signing Rhodes on loan. Again despite having 6 strikers at the club already.

Don’t give me the absolute no hindsight bull. Nobody cared back then. Go back 1,000 pages to 2016 and find me a worried about our transfer activity and future financiers thread.

We did this a few months ago. There ended up being a dozen threads that time worried whether what we were doing was logical or sustainable. 

• Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We did this a few months ago. There ended up being a dozen threads that time worried whether what we were doing was logical or sustainable. 

Should have no problem finding me one then.

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come. Just excitement at the signing of Will Buckley to add to the already bloated number of strikers at the club. 

Or 6 month later, overwhelming joy and support of DC when signing Rhodes on loan. Again despite having 6 strikers at the club already.

Don’t give me the absolute no hindsight bull. Nobody cared back then. Go back 1,000 pages to 2016 and find me a worried about our transfer activity and future financiers thread.

Some people I could mention have been critical of Chansiri ever since he sacked Stuart Gray for no reason.  Certainly since his utterly batshit mental pricing structure aimed at cracking down on the scourge of PoTG fans during the summer he took over.

I definitely think you might be misremembering the reaction to the Jordan Rhodes signing a bit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come.  

Oh is this the part where we do the 'I don't recall' thing?
How thrilling and original

But to answer your point there were plenty of posts and threads warning of the unsustainability of the chairmans actions

Just because you now decide that you 'dont' recall' them doesn't mean they didn't take place

They did

It was the birth of the Uberfans

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Several months ago I went through a long thread about Jordan Rhodes just before he signed and I was surprised at just how much trepidation there was. There were many reasons for this, but concern about the finances was among them. A lot of £2-3m fees had been paid out in the previous season and a half, plus the circa £6m for Reach, so adding another £8m to that (not including the generous salaries that came with all this) required absolutely no hindsight to realise we were already likely going to have an issue regarding a £39m three year rolling limit. And in the entire Chansiri era, with the exception of Lucas Joao, we've probably recouped only three or four million in transfer fees.

If that wasn't enough, the warning signs kept coming thick and fast thereafter. But as is human nature, those expressing doubts about what was happening were decried by many, especially when we were challenging for promotion. Some still don't understand even now that the flood waters are up to their quivering bottom lips. Like it or not, posters have been making these points for at least four and a half years. It's hardly unreasonable for the majority to assume that the chairman is not an irresponsible maniac working on the assumption that the rules don't apply to him and that he is always right.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Unbelievable Jeff

You want him out but crush the first emergence of fans getting organised with one little word.

I despair.  No wonder fans don't get organised.  

It’s easier to just post angrymad status’s on here. Real action takes effort, most of the angrymad posters are lacking in that department. 

At the risk of being called an ass kisser or worse, I happen to think. The person most likely to fix our current very shybo situation is the person that caused it. I’m not saying others couldn’t but, I just don’t know who they are. So until that changes, I sincerely hope the person that got us in the poo gets us out of it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s easier to just post angrymad status’s on here. Real action takes effort, most of the angrymad posters are lacking in that department. 

At the risk of being called an ass kisser or worse, I happen to think. The person most likely to fix our current very shybo situation is the person that caused it. I’m not saying others couldn’t but, I just don’t know who they are. So until that changes, I sincerely hope the person that got us in the poo gets us out of it. 

Don’t we all? 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t we all? 

Im not so sure. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but many seem steadfast on the fact he’s a moron, he’s a clown, he’s ruined us etc and would rather just cling on to that than for us to turn a corner. 

I see some remnants of positivity in threads and almost instantly they’re met with but yea, what about this…. Or let’s not forget that. 

It’s tiresome. Like a bitter ex who just won’t let it go, or a partner that never lets you forget a mistake you made 10 years ago. 

I’d love nothing more than for him to fix us. I’m optimistic and hopeful, but realistic to the fact he may be incapable and even if he is it’s not going to be quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Yep think you are right, there is no billionaire on the horizon with a strong desire to buy the club.  It is what it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Like a bitter ex who just won’t let it go, or a partner that never lets you forget a mistake you made 10 years ago. 

He’s not an ex though is he and it isn’t a one off from 10 years ago - it’s the abusive partner who keeps blaming others for his actions, says he takes responsibility but won’t admit to specific mistakes, gambles the house away and then says it will all change and we’ll live happily ever after providing we moderate our expectations. 

You’ll have to forgive my scepticism. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He’s not an ex though is he and it isn’t a one off from 10 years ago - it’s the abusive partner who keeps blaming others for his actions, says he takes responsibility but won’t admit to specific mistakes, gambles the house away and then says it will all change and we’ll live happily ever after providing we moderate our expectations. 

You’ll have to forgive my scepticism. 

That’s ok, each to their own. I’m just like the abuse victim looking for tiny signs of change, hoping, praying! To be fair, I’m happier with this seasons approach already than I have been for several years gone by. 

Im not so sure. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but many seem steadfast on the fact he’s a moron, he’s a clown, he’s ruined us etc and would rather just cling on to that than for us to turn a corner. 

I see some remnants of positivity in threads and almost instantly they’re met with but yea, what about this…. Or let’s not forget that. 

It’s tiresome. Like a bitter ex who just won’t let it go, or a partner that never lets you forget a mistake you made 10 years ago. 

I’d love nothing more than for him to fix us. I’m optimistic and hopeful, but realistic to the fact he may be incapable and even if he is it’s not going to be quick. 

Yeah, but he IS a moron who has ruined us with his arrogance, dishonesty and incompetence.

Unfortunately he is incapable of learning or changing, as reinforced by his latest comments.

Our best hope at the moment is that the EFL will be able to keep him on a tight enough leash to prevent him from doing any more damage and stabilise the club's finances to make sure we still have a club in the future.

And hopefully the new regulatory structure that is coming will prevent any more Chansiris from getting involved in English football in years to come.

• Love 1

On 24/07/2021 at 10:33, Grandad said:

Why is DC still referring to the P&S £13m/pa loss limit when it doesn’t apply to us now?

As far as I can make out (following the scrapping of the salary cap plans in Feb) under SCMP we can spend up to 75% of turnover ( as a newly relegated club) on player salaries with constraints on transfer fees. Owner cash and equity injections count in the turnover figure, provided they are not loans. So DC is free to put his hands in his pockets if he wants without blaming the fans or the EFL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Fan protests and boycotts are the only thing he will listen to

People keep saying this, but what evidence is there to suggest it's remotely true? 

What about our chairman would you consider conventional or predictable?