Dejphon Chansiri indicates major change in financial direction for Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Grandad

27 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Until Sheffield Wednesday fans wake up and realise what that only action will get rid of this clown we are stuck with him.

Sadly, it seems like there's a small minority of fans that prefer to be in his company sucking his ******** than thinking about fans losing cash because of this utter phookwit. 

You'd have thought by now that he would have learnt... And these backside kissers too. 

He's learnt NOTHING and doesn't give a sheite about the fans. 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Sadly, it seems like there's a small minority of fans that prefer to be in his company sucking his ******** than thinking about fans losing cash because of this utter phookwit. 

You'd have thought by now that he would have learnt... And these backside kissers too. 

He's learnt NOTHING and doesn't give a sheite about the fans. 

The backside kissers are the reason Chansiri got involved with football at all.

He is the kind of man that plasters his own name over the stadium and shirts.  That should tell you all you need to know about him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well do something about it, start organising like minded fans.  Shouldn't be a problem seems most on OT are against him and they way they post will be eager to stand shoulder to shoulder with you.

Your destiny awaits.  Good Luck

Give over.

You know as well as I that it’ll take more than individual fans coming on here trying to get something going. Contrary to your belief, most Owls fans are not members of Owlstalk.

If I (or any member on here) tried to organise something it’s be as well attended as the protest after the Derby match which was largely mocked on here.

This is something that needs proper organisation from a fans group, until that happens nothing will happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Give over.

You know as well as I that it’ll take more than individual fans coming on here trying to get something going. Contrary to your belief, most Owls fans are not members of Owlstalk.

If I (or any member on here) tried to organise something it’s be as well attended as the protest after the Derby match which was largely mocked on here.

This is something that needs proper organisation from a fans group, until that happens nothing will happen.

You fed the troll 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Give over.

Form a fans group

Guest Mcguigan
21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The problem is like @TheEnchanter said - at one point we had a really solid base to be a sustainable club

Now we have zero assets. He talks about being sustainable while letting Shaw and Urhoghide leave for Celtic on free transfers.

The bloke is clueless and full of rubbish. 

Interested to know at what point?

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Interested to know at what point?

When he first arrived. We had a solid Championship side with saleable assets.Even after the gamble failed he could have re-assessed and sold the likes of Forestieri and Reach for big money and reinvested - like most successful clubs who have got out of this league have done (Norwich and Leeds for example).

Instead he gave them lucrative contracts, refused to sell and clung on to the hope the same group of players would get us out of the league. 

Bad business man. 

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
15 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Are you sure about that? Aside from those who manage to bounce straight back up with parachute payments a large amount of teams that got promoted in recent years broke the rules, Leicester, QPR, Bournemouth, Wolves, plenty more I'm forgetting.

Wolves didn’t break any rules and I doubt there are plenty more you’re forgetting.

We had our chance and failed but, unlike the vast majority of other clubs, we didn’t sell players to reinvest and rebuild for another go. We kept buying and increasing the wage bill, to a point it was approaching 180% of our income. Totally unsustainable for a club heavily reliant on TV and PL solidarity payments and DC’s own cash.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

The guy came to this club with one plan, get promoted in the first 2 seasons or we are f**ked.

As such it was vital he hired the right manager so what did he do? He let his 12 year old kid have the final say on who was to be manager.

The guy is a complete and utter cretin and we are now being told that we have to trust him to run the club sustainably… what an absolute joke!!!

Until Sheffield Wednesday fans wake up and realise what that only action will get rid of this clown we are stuck with him.

Fan protests and boycotts are the only thing he will listen to. We are now in a worse position than when we were being run by Dave Allen, and I have a horrible feeling that our usually passive fan base will just sit back and let this happen.

We’ll be bottom half League One next season and you’ll still have fans who think he’s the chosen one. Proper brainwashing stuff. You only have to look on Twitter. 

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When he first arrived. We had a solid Championship side with saleable assets.Even after the gamble failed he could have re-assessed and sold the likes of Forestieri and Reach for big money and reinvested - like most successful clubs who have got out of this league have done (Norwich and Leeds for example).

Instead he gave them lucrative contracts, refused to sell and clung on to the hope the same group of players would get us out of the league. 

Bad business man. 

I agree with you in part but a sustainable Championship club, for me, also requires a healthy productive academy and active experienced scouting network. We have neither.

Leeds and Norwich you mention, had both.

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

I agree with you in part but a sustainable Championship club, for me, also requires a healthy productive academy and active experienced scouting network. We have neither.

Just let our best two young academy products leave for nothing. Also turned down 2m for George Hirst and let him screw up out of compo.

Opportunities have been there 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Part of the point is that at the time when we did have top Championship side with plenty of assets and the club had a high value we could have used those things to create a future for the football club. Used money to invest in long term, academy, infrastructure etc. Instead we kept throwing it at dead end players. We had no strategy. Instead Chansiri blames the EFL and the fans. It seems he was too stupid to consider contingency and the possibility of financial fallout after spending so much. If he had chosen to be more sustainable several years ago then we won't have been in League 1 and we wouldn't have just had 4+ miserable declining and stagnating seasons. 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Part of the point is that at the time when we did have top Championship side with plenty of assets and the club had a high value we could have used those things to create a future for the football club. Used money to invest in long term, academy, infrastructure etc. Instead we kept throwing it at dead end players. We had no strategy. Instead Chansiri blames the EFL and the fans. It seems he was too stupid to consider contingency and the possibility of financial fallout after spending so much. If he had chosen to be more sustainable several years ago then we won't have been in League 1 and we wouldn't have just had 4+ miserable declining and stagnating seasons. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

30 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Ah but there's been so many posts and threads warning of what was to come, only for those people to be shouted down (And abused) by fans, many of whom have now changed their stance and realised the damage that was done

So there's absolutely NO hindsight here 

It's purely what was warned about happening before our very eyes

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Goes back to what I’ve always said, you’ll never get the vast majority of Wednesday Fans on the same page. It’s in our nature to argue the to$$ over the smallest issues never mind the very existence of our club.

Fans groups, Trusts will all come and go because there isn’t the will amongst the fan base to form a collective and show total belief in that collective. Our fans will always question the motives of fellow fans that form these groups. I have respect for fans that do but a general realism that that it won’t work because it never does.

I know I’m poking the hornets nest by saying this but we are a big part of the problem. We’re not as much to blame as the Chairman would have you believe but we’ve played a part in being where we are today, me included. After all I went on a supposed solo mission to oust Mr Monk and I played a massive part in us subsequently getting relegated apparently? 🤣

Anyway my suggestion going forward and an hypocritical one at that would be to back Darren Moore. I might not have seen that much on the pitch to justify my suggestion but the way he carries himself and urges us to be all in it together and trying something different like a desire to give young players a chance. He managed to persuade the likes of Adeniran and Brown to come here even though they arguably had more appealing offers?

Sure it won’t be long before someone on here takes my mantle and goes on a sole crusade to force him out. It’s inevitable because that’s how we roll as a fan base.

Personally I think if Moore’s stays a while we’ll be fine because if the Chairman isn’t going to up sticks anytime soon and on the face of it he isn’t, we need someone in charge who can keep him engaged and focused on the running of the club. Moore is that man.

Anyway looking forward to the undoubted clever replies that probably show a lot of truth in this post but whatever our opinions on Wednesday, we are all in the same boat as Wednesday Fans, aren’t we?

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah but there's been so many posts and threads warning of what was to come, only for those people to be shouted down (And abused) by fans, many of whom have now changed their stance and realised the damage that was done

So there's absolutely NO hindsight here 

It's purely what was warned about happening before our very eyes

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come. Just excitement at the signing of Will Buckley to add to the already bloated number of strikers at the club. 

Or 6 month later, overwhelming joy and support of DC when signing Rhodes on loan. Again despite having 6 strikers at the club already.

Don’t give me the absolute no hindsight bull. Nobody cared back then. Go back 1,000 pages to 2016 and find me a worried about our transfer activity and future financiers thread.