Dejphon Chansiri indicates major change in financial direction for Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Grandad

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

arguably ......who  else was in for them ?........

I’m sure Moore said championship clubs were in for Adeniran in particular but I’ll bow to the fact that you know they weren’t because you were one of the those I was expecting a clever reply from 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I’m sure Moore said championship clubs were in for Adeniran in particular but I’ll bow to the fact that you know they weren’t because you were one of the those I was expecting a clever reply from 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It wasn't a clever reply - just a question

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Jim said:

i havnt a clue who was in  for  them it was you who put arguably so i thought you must have known summat so i asked a question ......

Edited by torryowl

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i havnt a clue who was in  for  them it was you who put arguably so i thought you must have known summat so i asked a question ......

My apologies.

Clubs were never revealed but I’m sure @YesWeCranntweeted that there was championship interest in Adeniran and Moore himself was quoted the other day saying Brown was that keen to join us he waited for the embargo issues to be resolved. It’s hard to argue against that the four signings we’ve made for the senior squad have been mainly down to the persuasive tongue of our current manager. Another reason I believe Moore is the right man for us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come. Just excitement at the signing of Will Buckley to add to the already bloated number of strikers at the club. 

Or 6 month later, overwhelming joy and support of DC when signing Rhodes on loan. Again despite having 6 strikers at the club already.

Don’t give me the absolute no hindsight bull. Nobody cared back then. Go back 1,000 pages to 2016 and find me a worried about our transfer activity and future financiers thread.

Fans don’t run the day to day finances, if the club were running close or already over FFP; why sign a striker the manager didn’t even want? 

You can’t blame the fans for breaking rules. 

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Fans don’t run the day to day finances, if the club were running close or already over FFP; why sign a striker the manager didn’t even want? 

You can’t blame the fans for breaking rules. 

Not sure why you quoted me to post this reply. Where have I blamed the fans for breaking the rules?

I said the majority of fans didn’t care at the time about DC’s recklessness with the finances. They were happy with the transfer activity.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Not sure why you quoted me to post this reply. Where have I blamed the fans for breaking the rules?

I said the majority of fans didn’t care at the time about DC’s recklessness with the finances. They were happy with the transfer activity.

They we're happy - but plenty wrote on here about the worry if we don't make it within the time period we had to. 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

We had no way of knowing how reckless Chansiri was being, though.

He told us we'd operate within FFP rules, and we had no reason to doubt him, given the utter insanity of not doing so.

We also had no reason to doubt that we'd operate as a normal football club, selling players to balance the books and reinvesting into the squad where possible. Not for one second did we think that all but a couple of these expensive recruits would be kept on our books until the end of their contracts and allowed to walk away for nothing, leading to the bodged sale of Hillsborough, transfer embargoes, a points deduction, and ultimately relegation...because Chansiri told us we'd operate within FFP rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bobness said:

People keep saying this, but what evidence is there to suggest it's remotely true? 

What about our chairman would you consider conventional or predictable? 

True, has anything changed at old Trafford since, the idiotic scenes.

The thing I don’t get is that the meeting was in May - in the middle of his dispute with the EFL about paying wages. Doesn’t speak much of his new-found resolution of honest financial dealings if he was still effectively doing something detrimental to the club.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bobness said:

People keep saying this, but what evidence is there to suggest it's remotely true? 

What about our chairman would you consider conventional or predictable? 

It’s something we haven’t tried yet and given the direction the club is going in I’d say it’s definitely worth a shot.

The thing is though, any protest would have to be accompanied by mass boycotts. If the income being bought into the club were to start on a downward spiral month on month and attendances were to fall to below 10k for home matches then I think it could make the clown re-evaluate his interest in the club.

Empty stands and low income are the way to go.

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s something we haven’t tried yet and given the direction the club is going in I’d say it’s definitely worth a shot.

The thing is though, any protest would have to be accompanied by mass boycotts. If the income being bought into the club were to start on a downward spiral month on month and attendances were to fall to below 10k for home matches then I think it could make the clown re-evaluate his interest in the club.

Empty stands and low income are the way to go.

After a season or 2 of empty stands .. most fans are looking forward to getting back into grounds!

There’s already a huge proportion of Wednesday fans with train tickets to London waiting for day one sale of Charlton away!

An owner saying he what’s the club to be self sufficient isn’t new, isn’t shocking and is sensible!

there’s been overwhelming positive news coming from the club now since the wage issue was put to bed alongside the embargo!

We were relegated, the focus now is to look at resolving the issue under a team with a great mix of youth, experience and by the sounds of it pace!  Clearly they will take some time to bed in and work as a team but this is the most exciting thing to happen to the team for 4/5 years - I’d like to the word “clown” “boycot” “clueless”

Relegated for 2 months at least until October when the league table will be telling us where we truly are!!

22 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, don’t recall any posts or threads long after the 14/ 15 or the 15/16 season about warnings of what’s to come. Just excitement at the signing of Will Buckley to add to the already bloated number of strikers at the club. 

Or 6 month later, overwhelming joy and support of DC when signing Rhodes on loan. Again despite having 6 strikers at the club already.

Don’t give me the absolute no hindsight bull. Nobody cared back then. Go back 1,000 pages to 2016 and find me a worried about our transfer activity and future financiers thread.

Fans are not in charge and 99.9% of them are not trained accountants with access to the clubs accounts and know in detail EFL financial rules.
When we make a big signing like Rhodes the majority of fans trusted that the club and Chansiri knew what they were doing.
The fans trust has been sadly misplaced.

I personally never warmed to Chansiri and the adulation of him even when we were doing well but I never would have predicted the sharp decline in 3-4 years ago.
Things seemed to have calmed down a bit now but will have to see what this season brings.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dowls said:

After a season or 2 of empty stands .. most fans are looking forward to getting back into grounds!

There’s already a huge proportion of Wednesday fans with train tickets to London waiting for day one sale of Charlton away!

An owner saying he what’s the club to be self sufficient isn’t new, isn’t shocking and is sensible!

there’s been overwhelming positive news coming from the club now since the wage issue was put to bed alongside the embargo!

We were relegated, the focus now is to look at resolving the issue under a team with a great mix of youth, experience and by the sounds of it pace!  Clearly they will take some time to bed in and work as a team but this is the most exciting thing to happen to the team for 4/5 years - I’d like to the word “clown” “boycot” “clueless”

Relegated for 2 months at least until October when the league table will be telling us where we truly are!!

Ordinarily a club being self sufficient is sensible but we are talking about an owner here who has left key decisions at the club to his kid. Carlos Carvalhal himself said that Att Chansiri had the final say on his appointment as manager!

Being self sufficient would be difficult in the current climate with Milan Mandaric at the helm, with Dejphon Chansiri it’ll be a disaster.

I get the whole being excited about the new season talk but fans need to look at the bigger picture here. Under this clown we’ve suffered our first ever points deduction (which resulted in our relegation), we have been placed under multiply embargo’s, we have seen thousands of fans priced out of attending matches and we no longer own Hillsborough.

Fans carrying on handing over their hard earned cash to this guy will be taken as a green light for him to carry on regardless. I don’t want to stop watching Wednesday, I’ve been attending matches since 1992 but I cannot just sit back and watch while this idiot runs our club into the ground.

We have gone backwards as a club on his watch and spent millions doing it, do you really trust this guy to run us in a self sustainable manner??

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1