EFL to go in hard on SWFC

On 04/07/2021 at 08:33, room0035 said:

No but he is a member of their body, he has to adhere to their rules.

Not pick and choose which ones he follows. He so far has been fined, had points deductions and continues to not follow the rules, what should efl do if they do! nothing! then 71 other members will wonder can they pick and choose which laws to follow.

He is not a member of their body, the club is. Under the rules, unless he breaks the law of the land the EFL have neither the power nor the authority to take any action against him, only the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

“Let me taste your ware.” ?

Disappointed in some of you're responses, I expect better from you. I know you speed read things, but never, ever have I defended Chansiri. Quite the opposite. 

Just now, Pieman said:

Disappointed in some of you're responses, I expect better from you. I know you speed read things, but never, ever have I defended Chansiri. Quite the opposite. 

I know - I was just posting a line from the nursery rhyme

lol

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Not the best, the EFL. I'd agree. But to be honest, anyone, literally anyone, apart from chansiri, could see they were out to make an example of a club the past few seasons. What does he and his advisor do ?
The balme lies a t chansiris hands, noone elses. We can scream , it's not fair, all we like.

Had we done things right, we wouldn't be in this mess.  The whole manner of chansiri's tenure is riddled with failure and ineptitude.

There's no defending him.  He is utterly useless as a football chairman.

I agree with a lot of your points mate. But I am arguing the counter point as well. The EFL, that upstanding, bastion of the beautiful game, should also be able to see how inept Chansiri is and devise punishments to reflect this. Someone mentioned a couple above, as per US sports. If Chansiri should see the bigger picture (which he can’t because he is truly useless as a football chairman) then so should the EFL. Punish him, not us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

I agree with a lot of your points mate. But I am arguing the counter point as well. The EFL, that upstanding, bastion of the beautiful game, should also be able to see how inept Chansiri is and devise punishments to reflect this. Someone mentioned a couple above, as per US sports. If Chansiri should see the bigger picture (which he can’t because he is truly useless as a football chairman) then so should the EFL. Punish him, not us.

Problem is mate..Chansiri IS us..He owns the lot....lock, Stock an' barrel

• Like 1

22 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

While Chansiri can fizz off in my book, I also think EFL should fizz off even more. We've already been penalised, are they going after us again, what for?

Set your sights on others, we've done our time, and are already down.

******** corrupt ********!

Think of it this way.

You got done for speeding two years ago, 60 in a 30 limit. You were fined say 200 quid for it.

Last year you did the same and got fined 500 quid and lost your license for 3 months.

Last week you did the same thing and you want to go before the beak and say "I've already been punished for this!"

If I'm honest I don't think it will wash!

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Too right - well said

If only this could be the case 

I'm sick of even talking about this foooooking chairman and sick of our club getting dragged through the mud

But the worst thing of all is our fans are the ones suffering

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Problem is mate..Chansiri IS us..He owns the lot....lock, Stock an' barrel

But he isn’t. Same as every chairman before him and almost every player who has pulled on the blue and white. They are not one of us.

TV contracts continue to soar on the back of new internet channels buying in; England are having a good tournament; every chinaman wants to watch the Premier League; people think football is booming. Well it isn’t, like most thing, it is dividing. The working man on the terrace is extinct. The rich get richer. The poor - SWFC, Sunderland, Ipswich, Forest, Derby, etc get poorer. Wednesdays exile will lead to Wednesdayites deserting this club through this period. Kids supporting Real or ManU; older fans thinking, I’ve had enough. The divide is accelerating every year. The EFL have a duty of care to the very clubs that built this institution for them. They need to think about the fans that are being lost to the Football League while they prat around, like the bunch of amateurs they are. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's bizarre that you have to actually post this isn't it

I think something has happened mentally to our fanbase where some kind of Stockholm Syndrome has set in and the actual obvious facts are just being pushed aside and instead messengers are getting shot, pundits are getting attacked, sports writers are getting blamed, ex players are getting criticised and called names, ex managers are getting ridiculed, football experts are being derided

And the ONLY people (the only ones) still defending this Chairman in the face of all the evidence, all the facts, all the undeniable history (or trying to), is a handful of Sheffield Wednesday fans who just won't accept it or who just deny it

It's really really weird

Very weird

Whilst it’s illogical, don’t be so hard on those that put their support for the club first. Not everyone knows the forensic detail but still have unquestioning loyalty to SWFC not the owner.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pieman said:

I get your point totally.. They are quite inept and decisions are not uniform across their disciplinary penalties. One rule for one.. One for another, and they need to be brought to boot. 

Problem is, if they begin punishing chansiri, then the matter becomes a legal nightmare.

Footballs governing bodies have been seen to be corrupt and have helped ruin the game. The EFL are no different. 

It's a shambles, isn't it? 

• Like 1

ROO 2014.

The rehabilitation period runs from the date of conviction. This is set out in s.5(2) of the Act, which states that the rehabilitation period (as defined in subsections (a) and (b)) are “reckoned in either case from the date of the conviction in respect of which the sentence was imposed”.

Where the sentence is not imposed on the date of conviction, there is potentially a period where you will not be aware of what the rehabilitation period for the conviction is until you receive your sentence. However, sentencing decisions, where they are not made on the date of conviction, usually follow relatively swiftly after it. The shortest rehabilitation period which is available where a conviction is imposed in front of a court is an absolute discharge, where the rehabilitation period is 6 months. It is unlikely that an individual would not have been sentenced by this point. The only exception to this is compensation orders, which become spent once paid, however it is highly unlikely that a court would simply sentence an individual to a compensation order alone.

When asked for details of unspent convictions, it is only the conviction that needs to be disclosed, not the rehabilitation period. Therefore, where you await sentence, you will need to disclose that conviction.

When the offence was committed does not influence the rehabilitation period.

For example, if you committed an offence in 2002 and were not convicted until 2010, the ‘rehabilitation period’ would run from 2010.

The trouble with the EFL is that clubs are trying desperately to leave it behind. The people running it gain nothing by trying to lift all boats,

they are always trying to gain their own advantage. It's got dysfunction built in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pieman said:

But he isn’t. Same as every chairman before him and almost every player who has pulled on the blue and white. They are not one of us.

TV contracts continue to soar on the back of new internet channels buying in; England are having a good tournament; every chinaman wants to watch the Premier League; people think football is booming. Well it isn’t, like most thing, it is dividing. The working man on the terrace is extinct. The rich get richer. The poor - SWFC, Sunderland, Ipswich, Forest, Derby, etc get poorer. Wednesdays exile will lead to Wednesdayites deserting this club through this period. Kids supporting Real or ManU; older fans thinking, I’ve had enough. The divide is accelerating every year. The EFL have a duty of care to the very clubs that built this institution for them. They need to think about the fans that are being lost to the Football League while they prat around, like the bunch of amateurs they are. 

Absolutely bang on mate

• Like 1

Chansiri didn't break the rules per se, Sheffield Wednesday did.

When you pay for a ticket, the money goes to SWFC.  When a player signs, he signs for SWFC.  When a player eventually gets paid, it'll be his employer SWFC who pay the wages.  The stadium of Hillsborough used to belong to SWFC, not Chansiri.

What could the EFL do to punish owners and not the clubs?  A fine?  Then basically the very wealthy pay the fine and the rules are meaningless, leaving behind those who run a tight ship.  How does it make the game fairer or more like the innocent game or old?  How can ineptitude be punished?  That's for the shareholders to decide (remember them?).  Chansiri has 100% backing of the shareholders.  The only way non-shareholders can hold to account is by voting with feet and wallets.

How many people across football, boards or fans, are complaining about FFP or the EFL today?  I suspect a handful, but nothing sizeable. Just as a handful of cyclists always complains about not being able to exchange blood cells between races, while others don't, most people are able to get on with their jobs and lives while competing the rules.  

The rules will change when the majority of EFL clubs want them changed.  That tells you all you need to know.

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Come on @Pieman you've said the the EFL have broken their own rules and I would like to know precisely in what way this has been done.

Please explain, thanks. 

I’ve had all my energy sapped from me mate. In a nutshell, the Govt allowed all businesses to file their accounts 3 months late, due to the disruption of the pandemic. The EFL took up this option and didn’t file them by the old deadline. 10 league clubs also did the same, inc SWFC. However, the EFL didn’t align their submission date with that of HMRC. So, while they took up the offer to file late, they have placed an embargo on clubs who did the same, deciding not to recognise the pandemic and the need to cut people some slack.

• Love 1