EFL to go in hard on SWFC

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

OF the rules...at the time that we are still gettin' shafted over cos Chansiri ignored them...leading to relegation and the mess we are now in

What’s that got to do with my points, that you spectacularly cannot comprehend?

On 04/07/2021 at 04:21, malek said:

Make them guarantee with their personal assets that they would abide to the rules and punish them by charging against those assets rather than issuing measures that punish fans and employees of the club.

You could also bring in revised rules similar to those in Major League Sports here that for serious rule breaches owners are banned from continuing and the club has to be sold. As an additional incentive, you could build within the rules a set formula for the valuation of a club in a forced sale so that said owner could not demand an unrealistic price.

As part of the buying process any owner has to sign up to these rules or he cannot buy the club. It becomes part of his contract with the EFL and in the UK contracts are sacrosanct provided all parties fully understand what they are signing up to.

Owning a football club is a privilege, not a right,

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No problem mate...honestly.....I'm interested in how I keep answering his points..in every post ive replied to...while still missing them....

Its a self help thing for me...

What were my first 7 words?

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's bizarre that you have to actually post this isn't it

I think something has happened mentally to our fanbase where some kind of Stockholm Syndrome has set in and the actual obvious facts are just being pushed aside and instead messengers are getting shot, pundits are getting attacked, sports writers are getting blamed, ex players are getting criticised and called names, ex managers are getting ridiculed, football experts are being derided

And the ONLY people (the only ones) still defending this Chairman in the face of all the evidence, all the facts, all the undeniable history (or trying to), is a handful of Sheffield Wednesday fans who just won't accept it or who just deny it

It's really really weird

Very weird

image.png.904599338f92cb0ab426270157d94f9b.png.be09e4061356fa0fa4fc16fe5332a0cb.png

On 04/07/2021 at 05:27, Minesapint said:

Wrong

I am definitely not a Chansiri fanboy, just find it amusing how a story that merely seems to speculate becomes the basis of so many responses.

For example many are quoting financial irregularities and the accounts have not yet been published.  

We're clearly not capable of meeting any of these deadlines (consistently over last few years), which is in itself an irregularity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

But that isn’t anything to do with my points. Im not questioning we broke the rules. I’m questioning the rule maker.

Not the best, the EFL. I'd agree. But to be honest, anyone, literally anyone, apart from chansiri, could see they were out to make an example of a club the past few seasons. What does he and his advisor do ?
The balme lies a t chansiris hands, noone elses. We can scream , it's not fair, all we like.

Had we done things right, we wouldn't be in this mess.  The whole manner of chansiri's tenure is riddled with failure and ineptitude.

There's no defending him.  He is utterly useless as a football chairman.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/07/2021 at 08:28, room0035 said:

I thought i had already explained this in my earlier posts.

If someone is not fit for purpose you remove them from the job.

Currently the rules aren't up to scratch to do that. Either the rules need to be changed from within (EFL, EPL etc.) which is unlikely to happen in sufficient measure.

The only other alternative is an independent regulatory body being imposed by the Government with appropriate statutory powers, however that may of itself be considered political interference and fall foul of FIFA & UEFA regulations.