EFL to go in hard on SWFC

Do people honestly believe that all the clubs that are struggling are not in regular contact with the EFL, that there is regular dialogue especially those that have been in trouble in the previous years.   Also, on ******** Nixon.  His tweet says bugger all.  EFL going in hard could mean with signing problems.  Well we are under an embargo so hell, good guess idiot.   Also,  If Nixon is party to any information he shouldn't be someone could be in trouble under the Data Protection act.   EFL need to tread very carefully because that opens a whole heap of crap.

We are in trouble, we have broken "the rules" thats a fact but so have at least 1/2 the EFL because no one has had income.   This will be interesting why name us and Derby not the whole list.  Nixon is click bait.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

Do people honestly believe that all the clubs that are struggling are not in regular contact with the EFL, that there is regular dialogue especially those that have been in trouble in the previous years.   Also, on ******** Nixon.  His tweet says bugger all.  EFL going in hard could mean with signing problems.  Well we are under an embargo so hell, good guess idiot.   Also,  If Nixon is party to any information he shouldn't be someone could be in trouble under the Data Protection act.   EFL need to tread very carefully because that opens a whole heap of crap.

We are in trouble, we have broken "the rules" thats a fact but so have at least 1/2 the EFL because no one has had income.   This will be interesting why name us and Derby not the whole list.  Nixon is click bait.

If you want to slate a sports writer or publication start a thread on him and do it there - that's fine -  but let's not derail this thread and the topic of the EFL and SWFC 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC do yourself a favour file the outstanding financial statements.

This leads to the EFL lifting their transfer embargo on the club.

This leads to the manager being able to sign some players (if they will come) to get ready for the new season

This leads to having a stronger team for the start of the season.

This leads to the team winning games.

This leads to more fans attending the games.

This leads to more money into the club from tickets, merchandise and match day spends.

Then this eventually leads to more PROFIT for the chairman.

The umbongo is a bit of a red herring anyway..we can still sign loans and freebies..and we wer allways only goin to be in that market anyway..and we cant pay any new signing more thsn 500k a year..which we wudnt have..

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you want to slate a sports writer or publication start a thread on him and do it there - that's fine -  but let's not derail this thread and the topic of the EFL and SWFC 👍

Interesting, so the point that the evidence came from a journalist, without being confirmed,  and that it relates directly to the EFL and Club and pointing out that it is rumour and stateing the obvious isn't directly about the EFL and Club situation.  I apologise for calling him a person who is not the greatest but my point still stands.  This is not a hijack but using the evidence that has been presented not adding additional your honour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peggyowl said:

Interesting, so the point that the evidence came from a journalist, without being confirmed,  and that it relates directly to the EFL and Club and pointing out that it is rumour and stateing the obvious isn't directly about the EFL and Club situation.  I apologise for calling him a person who is not the greatest but my point still stands.  This is not a hijack but using the evidence that has been presented not adding additional your honour.

If you want to slate a sports writer or publication start a thread on him and do it there - that's totally fine  - no problem with you doing that and you should if you want to -  but let's not derail this thread and the topic of the EFL and SWFC 

Owlstalk Shop

21 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Evil Steve Gibson the shadowy figure behind the conspiracy against a fine, upstanding, chairman who’s simply doing his very best to fulfil the dream of Premier League football. 

Exactly!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

Good post I enjoyed it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peggyowl said:

Aye

But accepting (& endorsing) your premise about “regular contact with EFL” might it not be that the other clubs who “broke the rules” are negotiating / agreeing how to address the challenges they face whereas the ‘click bait’ two have adopted a different (feck you ?) approach &/or have more ‘serious’ issues to resolve ( & no plan / intention to deal with the issue(s) 🤔

• Like 1

On 04/07/2021 at 09:26, Pieman said:

I accept it is all DCs fault etc, but the EFL are an absolute shambles of an organisation. Who is going to benefit from this charade? Do they intend to relegate 10 clubs? What about the fans, the innocent parties in this, how are the EFL looking after them, continually punishing their clubs…

Its a massive mess and I bet Nixon couldn’t wait to get this out.

The EFL only have power to enforce the rules agreed by the clubs. In effect they are the referee and just enforcing rules. If clubs aren’t happy about the rules they need to vote for a change but this won’t happen because most people in football accept FFP has been a success.

One could argue that it’s clubs that massively overspend and build up massive debt that are ruining football.

Without FFP rules there would be half a dozen clubs going into admin every year. It would be a farce with some clubs going bust.

The clubs recklessly gambling chasing the dream need to be controlled. 
One could argue the penalties need to be harsher to protect the game better but also more transparent.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

The EFL only have power to enforce the rules agreed by the clubs. In effect they are the referee and just enforcing rules. If clubs aren’t happy about the rules they need to vote for a change but this won’t happen because most people in football accept FFP has been a success.

One could argue that it’s clubs that massively overspend and build up massive debt that are ruining football.

Without FFP rules there would be half a dozen clubs going into admin every year. It would be a farce with some clubs going bust.

The clubs recklessly gambling chasing the dream need to be controlled. 
One could argue the penalties need to be harsher to protect the game better but also more transparent.

Yes, agreed. They gave us a 6 point penalty and we have been relegated as a consequence.

What now are they going ‘hard’ at us for? Given the article cites 10 clubs, these are the ten clubs who followed Government guidelines on accounting periods, recognising the worst issue to hit this country since WWII, which the EFL also took up this option and delayed the filing of their accounts with HMRC. Even though the EFL took up this option, they didn’t change their rules to reflect this, contrary to Govt advice. There is no suggestion from the EFL when we do file them, that we are in breach of anything.

So, recognising the pandemic, our Govt gives 2 million businesses some breathing space to deal with the consequences of this financial year, which are many and varied. The EFL, as a challenged business takes up the offer, as do 10 EFL clubs. This is not acceptable to the EFL who presumably will place us under a transfer embargo? Presumably, ignoring the pandemic trivial as it has been, as a repeat offender, we are given a ‘hard’ embargo. 

Given it is the clubs who set the rules, I presume Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Rotherham, Wigan, etc have voted for this and asked the EFL to ensure we cannot sign any players. As bad as we are at filing accounts and getting our house in order, I repeat the EFL is a shambles and this kind of double standards and allowing the turkeys to cancel Christmas, is a joke.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Nope...We play under EFL rules...The other how many million companies don't come into the equation

I’m glad I took the time to type out my point of view, it really resonated in the thread 🤣

Just now, Pieman said:

I’m glad I took the time to type out my point of view, it really resonated in the thread 🤣

No problem mate....but facts are facts....We play under rules..we broke them , we got relegated....It makes not an iota of difference if Marks an' Spencer have different rules...Nor whether we think the EFL rules are fair....Chansiri has broken them, may have broken them again..You know the rules when you join the league....There is no excuse for this mess...and it lays squarely at one mans door...and though some may not like such as Waddle commenting on it...Doesn't make Waddle wrong does it?

Chansiri is sadly,      a f.ookin' car crash

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Yes, agreed. They gave us a 6 point penalty and we have been relegated as a consequence.

What now are they going ‘hard’ at us for? Given the article cites 10 clubs, these are the ten clubs who followed Government guidelines on accounting periods, recognising the worst issue to hit this country since WWII, which the EFL also took up this option and delayed the filing of their accounts with HMRC. Even though the EFL took up this option, they didn’t change their rules to reflect this, contrary to Govt advice. There is no suggestion from the EFL when we do file them, that we are in breach of anything.

So, recognising the pandemic, our Govt gives 2 million businesses some breathing space to deal with the consequences of this financial year, which are many and varied. The EFL, as a challenged business takes up the offer, as do 10 EFL clubs. This is not acceptable to the EFL who presumably will place us under a transfer embargo? Presumably, ignoring the pandemic trivial as it has been, as a repeat offender, we are given a ‘hard’ embargo. 

Given it is the clubs who set the rules, I presume Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Rotherham, Wigan, etc have voted for this and asked the EFL to ensure we cannot sign any players. As bad as we are at filing accounts and getting our house in order, I repeat the EFL is a shambles and this kind of double standards and allowing the turkeys to cancel Christmas, is a joke.

Just one solution, stick to the rules

• Like 3
  • Love 1