Free Agents UK - Long List

Guest Smackavolley

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:
6 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

Can anyone pick out a bargain or two for us paying League 1 wages. Who could do a job for us?

Paying wages might just be the problem that will prevent the club signing players even if and when the embargo is lifted. 

There is some gems. Seems every team are having big clear outs. We won’t get any. Top free agents. It will be has beens or youth players. Crystal Palace have released some good players experienced centre backs. That could do a job in league 1

8 hours ago, East coast owl said:

There is some gems. Seems every team are having big clear outs. We won’t get any. Top free agents. It will be has beens or youth players. Crystal Palace have released some good players experienced centre backs. That could do a job in league 1

Was just thinking that about Palace. Surprised they have a team left. 

2 in that list that I mentioned last month would be very good signings if they don't get fixed up at championship clubs.

Corry Evans, Blackburn, N.I. international (Johnny Evans brother). Good solid midfielder.

Liam Walsh 23, Bristol C.

They signed him from Everton for £1M. More of an attacking midfielder with the look of Mowatt about him.

Starred when on loan at Coventry in their promotion season.

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

2 in that list that I mentioned last month would be very good signings if they don't get fixed up at championship clubs.

Corry Evans, Blackburn, N.I. international (Johnny Evans brother). Good solid midfielder.

Liam Walsh 23, Bristol C.

They signed him from Everton for £1M. More of an attacking midfielder with the look of Mowatt about him.

Starred when on loan at Coventry in their promotion season.

Wouldn't want Evans here everything considered.

Very likely that Walsh will join Coventry on permanent deal, would get lot of "not tall enough" grief here anyway as he is shorter than both Bannan and Hunt. Good player, though.

Mark Helm is a top, top player who got released by United as they have 45 central midfielders coming through. Danny Cashman from Brighton looks great player as well. Quick, skillful and direct, would be great for us under Moore, especially if we lose Hagan.

Thats an amazing amount of work @Smackavolley

I admire your patience. Unfortunately you havn't indicated those players who would play for a Nutty Chairman and would play for nowt. 

You could delete the whole list which would be a shame after all the work you obviously put into compiling the list. 

I didn't see Messi or Ronaldo on the list so suppose they must still be employed. 

De Bruyne? 

Was he on the list?

No. Then that's us stuffed then. 

They could afford to play for nowt as they must be worth more than swfc total assets. 

Or is it DC total assets. 

OK I'm fed up and trying to think of something positive about our future. 

It's difficult. 

I read the thread titles every day hoping to see "Chansiri sells to Russian Oligark for 10 bob."

When it's not there it's back to the doom and gloom. 

On 19/06/2021 at 13:36, malek said:

Wouldn't want Evans here everything considered.

Very likely that Walsh will join Coventry on permanent deal, would get lot of "not tall enough" grief here anyway as he is shorter than both Bannan and Hunt. Good player, though.

Mark Helm is a top, top player who got released by United as they have 45 central midfielders coming through. Danny Cashman from Brighton looks great player as well. Quick, skillful and direct, would be great for us under Moore, especially if we lose Hagan.

Walsh is listed at 5' 7" so not a midget. Box to box player and right age at 23. Could end up back at Coventry but Robins may have moved on from him now.

Evans is a good player, though could go to Stoke with his ex N.I. manager.

The trouble is with young 19/20 year old players like Helm and Cashman is they haven't played league football only PL under 23's. They could turn out to be decent or non league standard. A bit like Dele-Bashiru, unproven and who knows if they will make it.

18 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Walsh is listed at 5' 7" so not a midget. Box to box player and right age at 23. Could end up back at Coventry but Robins may have moved on from him now.

Evans is a good player, though could go to Stoke with his ex N.I. manager.

The trouble is with young 19/20 year old players like Helm and Cashman is they haven't played league football only PL under 23's. They could turn out to be decent or non league standard. A bit like Dele-Bashiru, unproven and who knows if they will make it.

Wikipedia says 5'6'' or 1.68 what would make him shorter than both Hunt and Bannan. But all in all it is of little importance and I would love to see him here if possible.

Evans in my opinion is an average player on his way down after some bad injuries. He would want big wages (for club in our situation) and wouldn't offer improvement on what we have here. There is also a big point of motivation in 30 years old player making a step down football league ladder.

Thing with likes of Hem & Cashman is that if they had league experience and did well we wouldn't be talking on here about signing them as we would have absolutely no chance of doing it. Their lack of first team experience offers us chance to gamble on them, considering their age, talent, anticipated wage demands and how well they did in PL2 it is a gamble I would take all day long. They are kind of players that earn club money and help club fit within FFP rules, not Corry Evans.

Please note, how at the time we signed Dele-Bashiru I said it was a mistake, that he isn't good enough and won't get to play.