Next Bolton at best or the next Bury at worst

13 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Wednesday FC will only happen when Sheffield Wednesday FC doesn't exist. We need to ensure that doesn't happen. A trust fund to allow fans to donate in the meantime should be setup. With funds paid back and or donated to charity if never required. I'm not up on this sort of thing but sure it'd be possible? Like I've said before, we need 6.5m before September so the sooner the better if the worse is to happen. 

None of these funds are to fund today's ownership model. That has to be condition number 1!

I said the same thing a while ago. Someone ( I suggested the trust) should be looking at fans committing x amount to raise the money to save the club if the worst comes to the worst. Obviously if can can find a few with very deep pockets it would help. What’s DA wasting his money on these days😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, morganowl said:

the idea of wednesday fc sounds good but where the hell do they play ? they wont be allowed at national league north to play at either grounds and hillsborough will be no more . new grounds cost huge amounts of money even more so now with massive increase in building materials . who has 100million to build a new ground? 

Why can't we just do what leeds did, go bankrup and start again. Same division new owner?? 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Why can't we just do what leeds did, go bankrup and start again. Same division new owner?? 

Think we would have to go into Administration to do this.

This would mean many local businesses and contractors losing thousands of pounds when they have done buisness with the club in good faith.

I would be embarrassed if the club did this and then next season paying players £10k per week when local window cleaner house is repossessed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

This would mean many local businesses and contractors losing thousands of pounds when they have done buisness with the club in good faith.

I would be embarrassed if the club did this and then next season paying players £10k per week when local window cleaner house is repossessed. 

Any businesses, local or otherwise that are still trading with SWFC on open terms are asking for trouble. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Best hope is joining or at least supporting the trust. 

There's a growing voice here that represents us fans as best it possible can. 

I say stop our cynicism towards them and get on board.

Well.... trying to join the trust went well 🤦

Screenshot_20210601-144856_Google.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, morganowl said:

the idea of wednesday fc sounds good but where the hell do they play ? they wont be allowed at national league north to play at either grounds and hillsborough will be no more . new grounds cost huge amounts of money even more so now with massive increase in building materials . who has 100million to build a new ground? 

I doubt very much that a new club would start in anything near the national league no matter where we play ..more than likely it would be the n/e counties league div 2 against the likes of parkgate/swallowsnest.......

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Some of our fans are desperate for refunds now.

Leicester also did well after Admin.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I doubt very much that a new club would start in anything near the national league no matter where we play ..more than likely it would be the n/e counties league div 2 against the likes of parkgate/swallowsnest.......

thats where a new club starts off at yes but once you reach national league north you need a better ground , ie stocksbridge would not be allowed at that level unless they did a lot of work on there ground.