Peterborough new stadium

Looks good. Can’t understand why fans are reluctant to move to new grounds and leave dated stadiums.

All the cobblers about new stadiums having “no soul” is a joke. Stadiums don’t have soul. It’s the fans in them who make it what it is.

A winning team in a modern up to date stadium will create just as much if not better atmosphere than one in a dated crumbling stadium.

Bring it on I say.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Looks good. Can’t understand why fans are reluctant to move to new grounds and leave dated stadiums.

All the cobblers about new stadiums having “no soul” is a joke. Stadiums don’t have soul. It’s the fans in them who make it what it is.

A winning team in a modern up to date stadium will create just as much if not better atmosphere than one in a dated crumbling stadium.

Bring it on I say.

I’m slowly coming round to this view myself. And Spurs have shown that you can build a new ground and it not be a generic bowl. We could have a huge single tier ‘Kop’ like they do. 

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I’m slowly coming round to this view myself. And Spurs have shown that you can build a new ground and it not be a generic bowl. We could have a huge single tier ‘Kop’ like they do. 

That Turkish team built their stadium in the shape of a crocodile, perhaps we could make our stadium look like an Owl. 

stadion-bursaspor-fur-quiz-1604590352-50

• Love 2

19 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Bring it on I say.

Absolutely 100% agree.

Bigger teams than us have left stadiums of equal/more history than ours. Unlike most, those old stadiums aren't tainted by an awful disaster either that eclipses any footballing importance in the eyes of most.

Sections of Wednesday fans will never let Hillsborough go, cherishing it as the club is bypassed by yet more traditionally smaller clubs, playing in modern facilities, in higher divisions and competing for promotion to a level we have barely even sniffed for 20 years.

• Like 8

This will level up a very well run club. It's only a matter of time before Peterborough show a tad more ambition and start to secure Championship football regularly in my opinion. An upgrade in facilities and continued luck on the transfer front and they could comfortably make it to the Prem one day in the not so distant future. 

• Like 2

On 24/05/2021 at 07:30, owls maniac said:

Not a fan of new stadia per se. But went to the new spurs ground. Wow. But it’s still like a proper stadium though. Whereas I thought Chelsea was everything that’s wrong with modern football Hated it. And before any says they aren’t new grounds that are upgrades. Yes I know. So why not upgrade Hillsboro. Some of the new flat pack grounds ( derby Leicester really are awful). 

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not a fan of new stadia per se. But went to the new spurs ground. Wow. But it’s still like a proper stadium though. Whereas I thought Chelsea was everything that’s wrong with modern football Hated it. And before any says they aren’t new grounds that are upgrades. Yes I know. So why not upgrade Hillsboro. Some of the new flat pack grounds ( derby Leicester really are awful). 

I actually really liked Stamford Bridge. Thought it felt traditional whilst also having great catering etc for fans. 

I guess the only issue with Hillsborough is that it is impeded by how it was built. How would you expand the concourse on the Kop? The only way would probably be to rebuild it, which is made difficult by the land restrictions. 

I think it gets to the point where it would be far more cost effective to build a new home in which all parts are brand spanking new. I would have no qualms with a ground like the Amex, but with a bigger tier behind the goal. Maybe incorporate the iconic South Stand gable somehow? 

We shouldn’t associate a new ground with just a Derby or Boro knock off.

On 24/05/2021 at 16:31, flo said:

That Turkish team built their stadium in the shape of a crocodile, perhaps we could make our stadium look like an Owl. 

stadion-bursaspor-fur-quiz-1604590352-50

Imagine trying to get planning permission for that thing....a crocodile that holds 40 thousand 😆

On 23/05/2021 at 13:51, Owling with laughter said:

Bring it on I say.

What's so good about identikit modernity?

Arsenal's Emirates is a soulless glass turdbowl that's already more dated than Highbury ever was

• Like 2

On 23/05/2021 at 21:51, Owling with laughter said:

Bring it on I say.

Surprises me though.

London Road is not a particularly old stadium and has been extensively redeveloped.