Not getting excited ...but

10 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Windass apparently wants to stay .If we can keep him then his pace  would destroy League 1 defenders .

His conversion rate/goal chances is average at best ,however he would have so many opportunities ,especially if Bannan is supplying the passes.

Should be 20 plus goal season 

Good player and IMO could well flourish if we can recruit a suitable up front partner.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Windass apparently wants to stay .If we can keep him then his pace  would destroy League 1 defenders .

His conversion rate/goal chances is average at best ,however he would have so many opportunities ,especially if Bannan is supplying the passes.

I’ve said before in other threads that there’s a reason he wanted to leave wigan this time last season. We are in the exact same position as them, just relegated, crippled financially, the prospect of further transfer embargos. On that basis I really can’t see him being here come august/September.

I think when ‘big clubs’ get relegated theres this mentality that we should be able to attract players easier than other clubs in that division. Whilst it may be true in some cases, not being able to pay players is a separate problem entirely. 

Not seeing much news on other clubs having the same financial issues where they can’t even afford to pay their players, which is very worrying indeed

Guest wilyfox

Depends what offers come in and whom we could replace him with. All the good league one forwards seem to have champ interest. It’s no good selling Josh if we can’t adequately replace him. 

It is good news and we’ll struggle to replace him I think considering our budget (lack of) but regardless of whether he wants to stay or not I think championship clubs will be in for him and he’ll be gone as we need the cash! 
Hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, flash said:

It is good news and we’ll struggle to replace him I think considering our budget (lack of) but regardless of whether he wants to stay or not I think championship clubs will be in for him and he’ll be gone as we need the cash! 
Hope I’m wrong. 

I want him to stay but if we get a cracking offer then, unlike in the past, we need to cash in and reinvest.

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think some people honestly believe HMS Pis$ the League is about to set sail.

They are going to get one hell of a wake up call then..

I think we've purged the squad as much as is needed right now. There is a danger in letting any more leave will give us too much to do recruitment wise, where we already have a big job. 

Unless good money is offered, £2m+ (which is unlikely) expect Windass and Bannan to stay. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, John Howard said:

You spoke with him? 

It’s good news, but it also makes complete sense. Windass needs to settle down at a club and get some games and goals under his belt. He found some consistency over the second half of the season, being played in his best position, by a coach who appreciates him. Also, he is made for one of the 3 positions in a 4231. He has a championship salary for this year and an opportunity to have a brilliant season in an easier league. If he does score 20 goals, either we or someone else will offer him a bumper contract and he will have dropped his tag as a journeyman.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I want him to stay but if we get a cracking offer then, unlike in the past, we need to cash in and reinvest.

This^.

If we begin to act like any other club and Buy & sell players at prices that are good for the club, then that will get us out of FFP embargo.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think some people honestly believe HMS Pis$ the League is about to set sail.

Not sure about that but we should get more than 100 points next season.